TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

hey do you guys know that the ultra twister from Astroworld is in storage at the back of Six Flags America?

Theres a picture of it on Wikipedia, it says that it was damage and is probly not going to be put back up.

Yeah but they conveniently "damaged" it during deconstruction & transport.After adding only one lousy waterslide for 2008 there was a reason that I didn't renew my season pass because that one attraction,which I'm not even the slightest bit interested in simply couldn't justify the $60.00 expense of a season pass.

Now if they were to add maybe a decent flat or two(doesn't neccesarily HAVE to be be a coaster) & change many of their assinine policies then maybe I'll give the park another chance but until that happens I'm simply not going to waste the time & money going there.

any other pictures of UltraTwister laying there?

Pictures of ExCoasters laying in a field or train cars hidden nerd me up.

I think RCDB still has pics of Ultra Twister's trains when they were lying next to Wild One's turnaround (the huge empty space near Jokers Jinx)

I was at the park Wedensday and the building that houses the haunted house is still as bad as it was a whole week ago. Nothing has changed! I guess SFA just doesnt care that we ost our only haunted house, yet they are putting up more and more signs about Fright Fest.

I was at the park Wedensday and the building that houses the haunted house is still as bad as it was a whole week ago. Nothing has changed! I guess SFA just doesnt care that we ost our only haunted house, yet they are putting up more and more signs about Fright Fest.

It's the beginning of the end I tell you,this sort of reminds me of the whole raging wolf bobs derailment last year & how the park did nothing to fix it simply because even then they knew that they were closing permanently after the end of the season.

It's the beginning of the end I tell you,this sort of reminds me of the whole raging wolf bobs derailment last year & how the park did nothing to fix it simply because even then they knew that they were closing permanently after the end of the season.

Could you stop being so irritating by dragging everything negative that happens to SFA as a sign of something more? Thanks in advance. And I doubt Two Face will open this season if even at all. More than likely it will just be replaced with some kind of new attraction. Sad, but that's probably what's going to happen. Yes, its hurts that SFA will not have a haunted house this year but regardless Fright Fest should still be decent. SFA is a park that performs rather well, it just needs more attention from SFI and the park will be fine.

^Your exactly right. SFA does have some nice shows during Fright Fest and the haunted house was kind of lame. I hardly ever went into it because the line was always so long. I'd much rather pay $15 to go to the haunted house at the Bowie Baysox arena. I remember when SFA had Dead Man's Party. That was the best show I ever saw at a park not in Orlando lol. I'd much rather have that than Toxic Zombie Jam. That was so dumb, I left during the first 5 minutes. But at a side note, most people rather get scared than watch some dancing zombies. They should try their best to bring back Midnight Express since theres no haunted attraction. Also have alot more monsters roaming the paths with chainsaws. They haven't used chainsaw monsters in a other than in the haunted house, in a while.

Give it a break, it is a little over a week since the fire. It takes time to get the right equipment together and clear things with the insurance company.

hey do you guys know that the ultra twister from Astroworld is in storage at the back of Six Flags America?

Theres a picture of it on Wikipedia, it says that it was damage and is probly not going to be put back up.

Yeah but they conveniently "damaged" it during deconstruction & transport.After adding only one lousy waterslide for 2008 there was a reason that I didn't renew my season pass because that one attraction,which I'm not even the slightest bit interested in simply couldn't justify the $60.00 expense of a season pass.

Now if they were to add maybe a decent flat or two(doesn't neccesarily HAVE to be be a coaster) & change many of their assinine policies then maybe I'll give the park another chance but until that happens I'm simply not going to waste the time & money going there.

Oh common, a great intamin hyper, a decent GCI woodie, an awesome classic out and back woodie, a vekoma flying dutchman, and a fun premier launch coaster with NO wait during weekdays? How is that NOT worth the the >$60 season pass price if you live reasonably close?

I honestly find it hard to justify NOT buying a pass when its so cheap and so close to home...

I have no doubt that Two Face will be destroyed. SFA likes being a terrible park so they let the staff do whatever they want, destroy rides whenever they want, and do anything to make it a terrible place to visit. I just realized that SFA sucks! I am now praying for Parc to own it.

SFA does suck. But it doesn't matter who owns the park. Its still going to be the same public going there and working there.

this could easilly lead us down that ugly road talking about racism and what people really mean when they call the place "ghetto".

*shrug* most the time I have a great time at the park. Add in some decent attractions and recruit enough employs to properly staff the park every day and you'll see things looking great there.

SFA does suck. But it doesn't matter who owns the park. Its still going to be the same public going there and working there.

this could easilly lead us down that ugly road talking about racism and what people really mean when they call the place "ghetto".

*shrug* most the time I have a great time at the park. Add in some decent attractions and recruit enough employs to properly staff the park every day and you'll see things looking great there.

Amen, there are some world class rides there. It's just the worst theme park atmosphere ever. Concrete, hot, 10 minuets to dispatch one train on Batwing, and bad employees. And burned buildings sitting around aparently. The rides make the visit worth it, but once im done riding them there's no reason for me to be there, and the atmosphere doesn't make me want to come back as much as say go to another park.

Amen, there are some world class rides there. It's just the worst theme park atmosphere ever. Concrete, hot, 10 minuets to dispatch one train on Batwing, and bad employees. And burned buildings sitting around aparently. The rides make the visit worth it, but once im done riding them there's no reason for me to be there, and the atmosphere doesn't make me want to come back as much as say go to another park.

I basically get a pass every year so I can get loads of rides on SROS and Wild One, the other decent coasters are nice pluses as well. But as far as atmosphere goes, like you said, it isn't the most pleasant place to spend a day.

I feel some sympathy for the employees at SFA, though (in part because I was one), it can be incredibly tough and annoying working there. Essentially you're getting paid minimum wage to operate poorly maintained rides that have a tendency to break down a lot. You are the one who has to spend an hour explaining to pissed off guests why half the rides are closed all day and the ones that are open are only operating at half of their full capacity while they yell at you even though its completely out of your hands. All the while you have to call in to get a bathroom break and wait around for an hour before someone finally shows up...

I know some of the employees are downright terrible and even when I was working there I wanted to yell at them to do their job better, but I still have sympathy for many of them simply because its easy to blow off the 100th guest that week to chew you out because Superman broke and Tower of Doom is only operating 2 of its 3 sides.

Essentially, to me there are much greater issues at SFA that help lead to the employees being downright crummy that should be resolved first and foremost.

Whoa! I didn't realize how racist that statement was until Capitalized said something. Everywhere you go there will be teenagers acting like teenagers or even younger. Thats not the parks fault. If you had the balls to say something to their faces instead of calling them ghetto on the web you'd probably get your a$$ kicked but they might listen. I'm a black teenager that is always at SFA having fun and acting stupid like most other teenagers that visit SFA and work there.

I wouldn't call his statement racist. I'm white and I go to the park that makes me part of the public. In the years I have been going to the park, I have come to the conclusion there is no dominant race that visits the park. If your Black or White, Hispanics, Asian, Middle Eastern etc... It all depends on when you go. Obviously if you go on a day a Hispanic radio station is at the park promotion it, you may find the guests to be more hispanic. Alot of what happens at the park depends on what is going on at the park. I will say the guests are rude. I've determined that, especially after visiting Hard Rock Park and then thinking about my visits to parks like SFFT. However, that isn't the parks fault, that is Maryland for you.

Service is not a word Marylanders are known for. I experience poor service at my local grocery store, bank, restaurants and shopping mall. Walk down the boardwalk in Ocean City on Sunday morning at 6:00 am and look at the trash that is left behind. Go to a movie in Maryland and you will bewildered at how long it takes to get a bucket of popcorn from the concession stand. It's not just teenagers, the cashiers at my local grocery story aren't teenagers, they are paid much higher than minimum wage and you would think they work for Wal-Mart. Actually, I think I get better service from Wal-mart.

The Washington, D.C. area is a majority white collar work force. There are more jobs than employers can fill. People realize they can leave one job and find another one. Put Six Flags America in West Virginia (a state that needs the jobs) and you would have a very different park.

For those that are criticizing the park because Two Face isn't running and Hurricane Mountain is closed, how do you know there isn't discussion going on in the background about those rides? Rides have been left at other parks SBNO for years, SFA isn't any different. I would also be surprised if the rest of the storage building that caught fire isn't raised and removed before Fright Fest. P.G. County is the permit capital of the world. It wouldn't surprise me if the county government lost of the application for the permit. With the the end of daily operations coming in the next two weeks, that would be a good time to have it removed safely and cost effectively.

Remember, everything that happens at SFA isn't the parks fault, blame should be placed at the county government, it's guests, and yes, the parks should receive some of the blame as well.

Im just throwing this out there but I feel bad for you resident SFA fans. I mean Holy Crap seven years without major new attraction, not even just coasters flats too. And I thought us BGE people had a long wait. God Bless Ya's to put up with management like that.

^I've said this time and time again, Six Flags just manages too many parks. Magic Mountain, Starting from Viper in '90, got a coaster in:

92 (Flashback)

94 (Batman)

97 (Superman)

98 (Riddler's Revenge)

2000 (Goliath)

01 (Deja Vu)

02(X)

03 (Scream!)

06 (Tatsu)

and one scheduled for 09. As you can see in the past 18 seasons the park hasn't gone longer than three years without a major ride. Sure the park is the highest grossing in the chain,but the chain can't afford to do that type of expansion for every one of their parks. A ride like Scream IMO would have done better in a park like SFA. It doesn't seem to fit in with the line up inMM, and a park that hasn't opened a ride since 2001 would've appreciated it more.