TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I miss the enterprise (Sky Escaper), I remember having a moment of sadness while riding Wild One one year as they were keeping all the cars right next to its lift for the season after it was first taken out.

The Tilt-a-Whirl was junk... Avalanche is pretty meh as well, and it looks pretty crummy having a carnival model flat at a "major" park like a Six Flags...

Iron Eagle was pretty sweet but it was down the majority of the time. When it was open it always seemed to be on the less crowded days where you'd have small groups of kids spend half an hour running around trying to get enough people together so they could operate it... They needed 12 people to run it if I remember correctly.

This isn't the first time Avalanche has been disassembled mid-season. They usually are replacing a part. I wouldn't be surprised to see it back up before the end of the regular season and really surprised if it wasn't back up for Fright Fest.

We also lost Krypton Comet (chaos) and maybe Hurricane Mountain (slides behind Tony Hawks Halfpipe)

I never got to ride Sky Escaper because I was too short when we actually did have it. I really wanted to ride it since it looked so fun. I regret skipping the enterprise at Carowinds

I remember Iron Eagle though. That was my 2nd favorite flat, next to Krypton Comet.

When Krypton Comet was there, I rode it atleast 5 times a day. I really liked that and was sad when they removed it.

SFA is slowly removing every ride in the park, next up is Two Face/Avalanche/ and Hurricane Mt

Gotta love when people try to "fit in the group" when they were doing something they shouldn't have. My wife and I went to the Barack Obama speech here in Greenville, and we were actually close to the front by the stage, and these two frat-guys came up to the railing, and claimed to be volunteers, when they hadn't been there but for ten minutes, and they star telling those who were not volunteers to back away from the fence as only volunteers were allowed next to the fence.

The best part though was that they did it because they wanted to get a newspaper article signed by Obama, but the only thing he would autograph since he had to get back on the road ASAP were copies of his books. A little bit of justice in my view.

Anyway, back on topic. I kind of have to wonder what their intentions are if they are taking Avalanche apart already. I have a feeling the ride won't be in that same spot if they are taking it apart already. Usually, off season maintenance isn't started until later in the Fall, so I would think that may be out as a possibility.

Avalanche had some problems a few years ago & they had to t ake it apart to replace something & back then we all assumed that it was being removed.

Iron eagle & the enterprise were removed due to being maintenance nightmares...heck the only problem with the enterprise was a burned out motor that sadly couldn't be replaced.

Now with the way things have been going for this park lately I wouldn't be too suprised if it becomes like GL or SFAW within the next couple of years what with all of the recent ride removals they've done lately.

*EDIT: The Tilt-a-Whirl sucked and rarely had riders, so I'm sure it wasn't a profitable ride to keep. Iron Eagle was removed due to some major mechanical issues and the costs to keep fixing those issues (including stranding me and a friend upside down for about nine minutes). I don't even remember the Enterprise, though I believe it was right behind the swings, right? You can still see the concrete slab that it sat on there.*

Yeah. I remember how bad it was. My friend and I were sitting there where it only stayed in one place with out it spinning rapidly like most I've been on.

I never had the chance to ride Iron Eagle. I only saw it operate a few times when it was Six Flags. But when it was Adverture World it seemed like it operated frequently. By the time I was old enough to ride it, I never saw the ride open again.

OMFG!!!!!!

There was a report that the Frightorium (Hall Manor) haunted house at SFA burned to the ground today. From the reports, it looks like nobody was injured. This was the park's only haunted house attraction and now Fright Fest might suck even more than usual.

^this picture shows the damage to the building. Good thing they controlled the blaze before it could spread to Roar which is only a couple of feet away from the building.

If anyone was at SFA today and was an eyewitness, please share your stories.

I find this story kind of creepy since we were just recently talking about how much Fright Fest at SFA sucks because the lack of scary attractions. I really hope SFA does something about this and try to rebuild it before Fright Fest, or build a new haunted house somewhere in the park.

I hope SFA does not turn up into another GL or SFAW

What with the lack of new rides being added & t he removal of rides left & right with no replacements I'm afraid that the park will suffer the same fate as GL.

When you really think about it SFAW could've been saved,unlike GL it was pulling a decent attendance level but what the place needed was new attractions to give people a reason to return,of course SFI's excuse was that they were out of land for expansion....well duh!! however any good operator knows that you can always remove old,outdated rides & replace them with new ones & this is something that SFI seemed unwilling to do for that place & sadly now it's gone.

I hope SFA does not turn up into another GL or SFAW

however any good operator knows that you can always remove old,outdated rides & replace them with new ones & this is something that SFI seemed unwilling to do for that place & sadly now it's gone.

Funny... I don't remember CF actually pumping money into the park other than to build a new Wildwater Kingdom on land that would better enable their interest of selling the park to developers. It's really interesting how SF dumped six coasters into that park in the 6 years SF owned the park, built a new water slide complex and you claim SF neglected the park. Your arguement of neglect is getting real old.

I never went in the attraction, but still it's just one less ride and one more setback for SFA, which is starting to fall apart. Two Face is leaving, and nothing is coming in.

The Haunted House (Frightorium) wasn't a ride to begin with. Second, it is only open during Fright Fest, so the chances are unless you go to SFA during FrightFest, you probably would have never been in there. Lastly, Two Face is rumoured to be leaving, no one has ever said it was officially leaving.

I was at the park yesterday and saw the damage of the building. It looks like a junkyard and still smells like smoke. Its kind of weird to be able to see Coyote Creeks shops in Skull Mountain. I really hope the re-build it or add a new ride there, something!!!

But now that all of this chaos is over, I really wonder how Fright Fest is going to be this year since SFA is out of a haunted house. Im really curious to see if the park does something about it.

Yeah, the track is in that junkyard behind Batwing. The trains are under-neath the 2nd and 3rd hills on Superman. I also heard that some of the parts of the ride are being used on some existing rides in the park since the coaster was too damaged to build when we got it.