TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

They're still there. I'm assuming that they've cancelled the plans to build the coaster considering the cost of a construction crane. SFI doesn't have that kind of money...at least not for SFA.

Wasn't ultra twister damaged during shipping from SFAW to SFA? That's the excuse I've always heard on the net whenever the subject of why the coaster was never installed comes up.

Snyder has good reason to keep the park in such an underperforming state & not to sell to another company.He knows that if another company,say Parc management were to come in there & actually fix the place up it would pose a threat to his beloved football stadium right up the road.That is also the reason why he became so fixated(to the point of a hostile takeover) to gain control of SFI in late 2005.

Why would this matter? As far as I know the Redskins have amongst the highest fan loyalty and have sold out every home game for a long time now. Am I wrong? Why would a good SFA compete with the football stadium?

He is inventing stuff, again. SFA doesn't compete with the Redskins, there is no competition there. The Redskins would win hands down no matter who owned them and by the way, Dan Snyder doesn't like that stadium. If you search the Redskins forums there are all kinds of rumors about him moving the team back to D.C. and is designing his own stadium that will be part of his legacy. If you said he didn't want another owner to compete with Great Adventure then I might agree with you.

He is inventing stuff, again. SFA doesn't compete with the Redskins, there is no competition there. The Redskins would win hands down no matter who owned them and by the way, Dan Snyder doesn't like that stadium. If you search the Redskins forums there are all kinds of rumors about him moving the team back to D.C. and is designing his own stadium that will be part of his legacy. If you said he didn't want another owner to compete with Great Adventure then I might agree with you.

SFGAdv would destroy SFA. Parc would have to spend tons of money to even come close to great adventure.

True, but I didn't say Parc. There are other "international" buyers that could be looking to move into the United States. Village Roadshow is buying water parks in the U.S., I wouldn't count out Star Parks and some others.

Ugh i'm nervous about SROS and its evil intamin seatbelts. I rode MF back in 2005 but I still had trouble with the evil seatbelt I weighed significantly less in 2005(no I didn't go to white castle and eat 100 burgers) its not really extra fat weight. I'm 6 foot and weigh about 260ish

SROS.thumb.jpg.16c69e85b34c734dfb681df556374543.jpg

Im the dude in the weezer shirt haha

I can't tell much with the shirt your wearing. I'm 5'7" and weight 240 lbs. I usually ride the front row and don't have any problems. Stick with the fronts of the trains and you should be okay. I begin having problems when my weight hits 242 and when I drop back to 235 or even 239, I don't have any trouble with the restraints.

One thing I have noticed, don't pull the lap bar down on your, let them do it, otherwise you might get stapled and stapled good.

I just decided that I am going to go to SFA tomorrow because I can do that! lol. I know I'm going to post a trip report and hopefully ride Superman since I havent rode it in about 3 weeks

I also might go again on Thursday but only for the concert since alot of my friends are going to see Mario. Again I'll post a trip report but I probably wont talk about rides, just the quality of the concert.

I'm not one for reviving topics that have fallen past the first page, but does anyone know if Two Face has reopened yet? According to their website, it's still "temporarily closed" but hey, who wants to update the SFA website?

I was planning to go Monday, so I'm just curious if my friend will finally get to ride. Hopefully so...

They're still there. I'm assuming that they've cancelled the plans to build the coaster considering the cost of a construction crane. SFI doesn't have that kind of money...at least not for SFA.

Based on what I had heard (only time I worked at SFA was the first summer UT was brought in), they intended to rebuild it, but apparently the deconstructing crew absolutely tore it to pieces; making it 100X more difficult then it would have been. I guess they were just in such a hurry down there in Houston to have a big empty field instead of a park they couldn't take their time and do the job right.

The trains are still under SROS and the track is still back in the graveyard by Batwing.

SFGAdv would destroy SFA. Parc would have to spend tons of money to even come close to great adventure.

SFGAdv isn't in any kind of competition with SFA for guests anyways. Only 3 parks even remotely in competition with SFA is KD, BGE, and HP to a lesser extent. No GP from the DC area makes the 4-4.5 hour drive through all those toll roads to visit SFGAdv in my experiences.

I'm not one for reviving topics that have fallen past the first page, but does anyone know if Two Face has reopened yet? According to their website, it's still "temporarily closed" but hey, who wants to update the SFA website?

I was planning to go Monday, so I'm just curious if my friend will finally get to ride. Hopefully so...

That ride is still closed and I wont plan on seeing it running for a long time.

That ride is still closed and I wont plan on seeing it running for a long time.

or standing too much longer after this season...

Does anyone know the story that belongs to that house directly behind Wild One's helix? If you do, can you tell it?

-Tatum

All I know is the hearsay about it... Its been standing for ages, apparently members of the family who lived there are buried there and in a way they "haunt" the park. Basically on the day the daughter died every season the park has a lot of mechanical issues like rides going down and all that. I think its just SFA being SFA and rides going down like they always do personally...

Thats in general all I really know about it... I've never been back there, but according to people I worked with who walked back there one night its incredibly creepy and old.

From what I heard, when the park wanted to put in the Wild One helix they had to move the daughter's grave. Ever since she's haunted the park.

It is a pretty creepy looking house. I would love to go back there at some point...they should make it a haunt. Heh...that'd be disrespectful though.

Most Likely since I think thats the only house on that side of the park. I could take some pics when I get on Wild One next time I go.

It is a pretty creepy looking house. I would love to go back there at some point...they should make it a haunt. Heh...that'd be disrespectful though.

They should! I've always thought that it could be used as a haunted house. SFA is in desperate need of another haunted house since we lost Brutal Planet and Frightorium/Hall Manor's queue is always 1 hr+ every year.

Its too bad its so hard to see nowadays. It would be tough to get a decent picture, especially in the summer with all the leaves. I remember back in 2000-2001 it was really easy to see back there behind Wild One, now you have to look hard to really even notice it.

So I guess in general its accepted as simply being a really old creepy, potentially haunted, house...