TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

So wait, they plan on adding theming, but the ride opens in four days? So this is pretty much what the ride is going to look like when it opens, maybe with the addition of a sign or something. The slide looks fun, but it also looks pretty cheap for a Pro-Slide.

Also you can talk about the good things about SFA. If you have no good memories about the park, keep it to yourself

They....umm....

Have a lot of rides.

sounds typical to me...

Six Flags needed to put something in SFA to maybe improve attendance and revenue, so they throw in a water halfpipe with no theming and toss Hawk's name on it to catch an eye.

This looks like pre-Shapiro Six Flags. But then again, who cares about SFA?

I agree,I mean it's been five years since anything(a waterslide) was added to the ride side of the park & they've been losing flats left & right since Shapiro took over.

When they announced TH:HP last fall that was it for me,I didn't go back for frightfest & didn't get a pass for 08(first time in 10 years) because a waterslide in HH just doesn't justify the $65.00 price tag for a season pass,not to mention the horrid operational policies from last season.

The slide looks fun, but it also looks pretty cheap for a Pro-Slide.

It is actually built by water fun products.

I have ridden one at Hawaiian Waters, and they aren't as good as a Tornado IMO, too much of a thud at the bottom, none of that awesome spinning, and it seems to loose its speed too much, so you don't get the same effect of a Tornado where there is tons of airtime when you go high up on the wall.

For me Wild One and Superman are tied for best ride there. Then Jokers Jinx in 2nd best (when its open/and not crowded

Also SFA does get crowded. Do not ever visit SFA on a hot saturday in July at around 1:00pm, thats when everybody and their momma are up there

Im going to SFA next wedensday! I'll see if I can find my camera, but if I dont, i'll use my phone

Six Flags America doesn't need anything bigger than a water slide. They have a lot of other problems to take care of first. But adding the water slide is not going to help a lot with the water park problem. They really need to charge extra for the water park.

I forgot about Wild One. It is a great coaster. As for Joker's Jinx, I just don't get the spaghetti bowl coasters. I don't like Poltergeist at SFFT either. They just aren't fast enough and seem to barely get through some of the turns. It is certainly not a good coaster IMO. But Chuck you are right, Wild One is great!

Not really sure how this fits into "Hurricane Harbor"... and I agree with what someone said about how they seem to be just slapping big names on rides regardless of how it fits in.

Still it looks to be a nice addition that will make their water park experience more enjoyable.

Six Flags America doesn't need anything bigger than a water slide. They have a lot of other problems to take care of first. But adding the water slide is not going to help a lot with the water park problem. They really need to charge extra for the water park.

I agree. They should fix fix the wave pool. It's very crumbly. That's all I can think of thats wrong with Hurricane Harbor. As for the rest of the park, they should add theming to everything in Gotham. And after you get Gotham out of the way, go ahead and add some new attractions to keep people coming back.

Also Tony Hawk's Halfpipe was seen testing on May-22! The new slide opens TODAY!

thhpsfagh0_th.jpg.dcc11782570db0a1187fd6d346afddc0.jpg

I agree. They should fix fix the wave pool. It's very crumbly. That's all I can think of thats wrong with Hurricane Harbor. As for the rest of the park, they should add theming to everything in Gotham. And after you get Gotham out of the way, go ahead and add some new attractions to keep people coming back.

Also Tony Hawk's Halfpipe was seen testing on May-22! The new slide opens TODAY!

I've been hearing this "we need to fix what we have" line for a few years now from several employees but does SFI ever do anything to remedy the situation? no.

They let the park sit year after year with no new improvements & if there are any new improvements/attractions they always end up being waterpark slides simply because they're cheaper to buy & put in than even a new flat let alone a small coaster.

I really have a feeling that SFI is considering letting the park suffer the same fate as GL in the coming years,that IMO would explain the lack of new a dditions to the ride side of the park over the past five years & with KD opening Dominator this year SFA can't afford to sit idle in 09,or add another mundane waterslide if they hope to remain competitive in the mid-atlantic region.

Weather you're interested or not, SFAFans has posted an update from opening day of Tony Hawk's Halfpipe. The complete update can be found at the link below, but I'll post a few pics here for your enjoyment. It was a surprisingly fun ride!

http://www.sfafans.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=641

A glimpse of the sign and some of the slide (Photo Credit: 2008 SFAFans.com)

The main tower themeing (Photo Credit: 2008 SFAFans.com)

An overview of the ride (Photo Credit: 2008 SFAFans.com)

We've also been told a spinning "Tony Hawk" Cutout will be placed near the ride similar to the spinning cutouts seen on the coasters. Additionally, SFA was sporting the new electronic ad boards that had been mentioned in the previous conference calls. The middle section rotates (much like the sideline adverts in basketball arenas) and there is a scrolling marquee along the top of the sign. The park has added about eight of these all around the park and they actually fit in well...

(Photo Credit: 2008 SFAFans.com)

Umm...

I really like Wild One and Superman. I still need to get the Joker's Jinx cred so I'll be making a return trip at some point this summer. I may get a Season's Pass if not just so I can get in to Great Adventure for free at some point this year.

I agree with the other poster that this park looks like it may get sold or done up GL style.

I think Six Flags need to give them more money to fix the stuff that doesn't work to well, and give them a new ride also. Just give them 2 flats even, and not even a roller coaster.

That's horrible that they are closing down those waterslides, and leaving them. I think they don't get that leaving stuff to rot leaves the park people thinking that this park is going downhill fast. Oh well. Six Flags Magic Mountain is a prime example of that.

That's horrible that they are closing down those waterslides, and leaving them. I think they don't get that leaving stuff to rot leaves the park people thinking that this park is going downhill fast. Oh well. Six Flags Magic Mountain is a prime example of that.

Magic Mountain is the exact opposite of a PRIME example. They took down Flashback.

Would you rather have Great America where there's large spots of vacant land?

^How long did it take them to take it down? I was talking before this year. Great America has a big wasteland now as you are saying. Kentucky Kingdom has a closed off section. SFGAdv, what I'm thinking is that you can't really see the rides that are in the closed off section.

SFA Trip Report!!! (no pics )

Yesterday was my high schools graduation so school was closed. I had nothing to do and a season pas. Also some friends that like the parks also. So we went to Six Flags America and had alot of fun.

First, I would like to say is that thank GOD that SFA fixed the batwing sign! If you haven't seen it yet, it said B_TWING but you could clearly see the A laying on the roof. All of the coasters were open except TwoFace, which is scheuled to open soon. They had the plastic dummies on the seats and might have tested it but I didnt look over there to much. The only break-downs I noticed were Joker's Jinx, which broke-down at around 3:00. Batwing also broke-down later at around closing. (which was 6:00 today). The crowds were extremely light. Only a few schools and families were there. I also wanted to brag to the people who still havent gotten their Joker credit. I RODE IT! HAHA SUCKERS! j/p

I arrived at the park around 2:15 and as soon I got in, we headed straight to The Wild One. Awesome coaster and it felt smoother than I remembered. After Wild One, I rode Tower of Doom twice. Next we went over to Gotham City to ride the best steel coasters in the park, Joker, Supes, and Batwing. We went to Joker first, but it was stuck so we headed for Superman. Superman as well as Wild One was a walk-on. We only rode it once since Joker was testing while we were riding. After Superman, we went to Batwing, since Joker was still testing. Batwing had about a 15 inute wait and the staff were dispatching the trains sort of fast. That was the shortest line I have ever seen for Batwing since the Thursday Nght Concert Series last year. After Batwing, we went over to ROAR. It had no wait what so ever and I could tell it has gotten alittle rough over the years. It's still a great ride though. We skipped Mind Eraser because the park was closing soon and we wanted to ride Wild One again. Since almost everyone had left at around 5:20 we rode Wild One twice and then decided we would end the day on Joker. Joker's Jinx was better than I had remembered! The ride ops tricked us by saying "unlock" so I thought the noise that the ride made was the sound of the train unlocking. Boy was I wrong! Out of nowhere, I'm talking to my friend and we go blasting through the tunnel! It caught me off gaurd. It was so fun and to me it felt faster than last year. So in all, I had a extremely great day at Six Flags America. The dispatches weren't as bad as most people say, but they could of been better. I can't wait to go back in like 2 weeks. I should have my camera and I will take hundreds of pics. .Also I found this new view of Mind Eraser which was so awesome that I wished I had my camera to take a pic of it. I'm not telling where that awesome view was so dont ask

THE END...............END THE.............????????????????? lol