TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Yeah if you click on the link for any of the attractions it gives you a "page not found" error and then on the app the bubble on the map doesn't appear for anything in Coyote Creek or Whistlestop Park.  It's very bizarre and I hear SFDK shut down a few rides as well.  

Not familiar with SFA's Whistlestop Park, but if it's as small and pointless as the one at SFNE, no big loss there. And then isn't Coyote Creek just Mind Eraser and a flat or two?

If anything, closing those areas off might make SFA less terrible. As long as Superman, Jokers Jinx, Wild One, and the Drop Tower are open they could just go all Lakemont on the rest of the place for all I care lol.

Sometimes I wonder if the future for Six Flags America is bleak. I mean I like Wild One, Superman: Ride of Steel, Joker's Jinx, Harley Quinn Crazy Spin .... but they have protentional, just .... there's a je ne sais quoi about it all?

But hey, no Mind Eraser to torment people :)

It might be a little early to assume there are any major changes at the park just because the ride pages aren't loading properly; Bassoul probably just fired the web devs for spending money on software licenses or something.

54 minutes ago, Rai Fox said:

It might be a little early to assume there are any major changes at the park just because the ride pages aren't loading properly; Bassoul probably just fired the web devs for spending money on software licenses or something.

This is very true.  SF websites are known to not be the most reliable.

7 hours ago, coasterbill said:

I wouldn't be surprised if these areas open on weekends when they have more staff.

I also hope I'm wrong and Mind Eraser is closed because it's on fire.

If Mind Eraser is on fire .... let us all dance a jig of glee and have plenty of alcohol to celebrate!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone cares (or not) ... an image with the special events at Six Flags America for the 2023 season: (source https://www.sixflags.com/america/events)

Interesting that Holiday in The Park is not listed. No great shakes there .... with Gotham City closed (no Superman: Ride of Steel, Joker's Jinx, WW:LOT, Harley Quinn Spinsanity) .... not much to do at SFA for HITP anyway.

image.thumb.png.ff5198d381d098949531cf963d1b0641.png

Holiday in the Park was my favorite time of year at this park, but this has been reported for about a year now so I'm not surprised to see it all-but-confirmed. The event is apparently gone from every park north of Atlanta aside from Great Adventure. Hopefully this isn't the last year for that event since there will be absolutely nobody there, as there's nobody there any day of the year anymore.

• 1 month later...

Hey Six Flags America locals (do those exist?)! I might stop by the park this weekend on the way back to Ohio from Williamsburg but I'm seeing Superman listed as Temporarily closed. Is that true? If it is I can't see us making the side trip. 

Another question is if anybody is familiar with nearby Adventure Park USA and can tell me if their coasters would be operating this weekend? 

Thanks in advance :)

I'm "local" in that the parks are like an hour and a half drive for me, but I haven't been in a few years.

No idea what's up with Superman at SFA.  Typically, when they had Holiday in the Park, the whole back half of the park would be closed, but there is no Holiday in the Park this year, so it's anyone's guess as to if that "Temporarily Closed" is left over from last weekend or was posted in anticipation of this weekend.  Other rides in the area don't say that, so I wouldn't think the whole section of the park would be closed.

Adventure Park USA is always a bit of a coin flip as to if their coasters will be running, even in the summer.  The website indicates that the "outdoor attractions" will be open on Saturday and Sunday, so I'd say your best bet is to call them when you're nearing where ever you would turn off to head there.  Be advised that they can only run one 4-person car on the Wildcat, so if there's any kind of a crowd (which there probably won't be), you might have a wait.

1 hour ago, AmyUD06 said:

I'm "local" in that the parks are like an hour and a half drive for me, but I haven't been in a few years.

No idea what's up with Superman at SFA.  Typically, when they had Holiday in the Park, the whole back half of the park would be closed, but there is no Holiday in the Park this year, so it's anyone's guess as to if that "Temporarily Closed" is left over from last weekend or was posted in anticipation of this weekend.  Other rides in the area don't say that, so I wouldn't think the whole section of the park would be closed.

Adventure Park USA is always a bit of a coin flip as to if their coasters will be running, even in the summer.  The website indicates that the "outdoor attractions" will be open on Saturday and Sunday, so I'd say your best bet is to call them when you're nearing where ever you would turn off to head there.  Be advised that they can only run one 4-person car on the Wildcat, so if there's any kind of a crowd (which there probably won't be), you might have a wait.

Thanks for the info. I'll call adventure park later today and see what I can find out. 

It sounds like you're as puzzled as I am with Superman. I knew it was always closed for HITP but figured since they aren't doing that this year Superman would stay open these couple weekends. Six flags gonna six flags I guess. 

8 minutes ago, coastersandhockey said:

Thanks for the info. I'll call adventure park later today and see what I can find out. 

It sounds like you're as puzzled as I am with Superman. I knew it was always closed for HITP but figured since they aren't doing that this year Superman would stay open these couple weekends. Six flags gonna six flags I guess. 

I would be very, very surprised if anyone at Adventure Park USA would be able to tell you today whether or not the coasters will be running on the weekend.

And yeah, Six Flags gonna Six Flags all right.

13 hours ago, coastersandhockey said:

I'm seeing Superman listed as Temporarily closed. Is that true? If it is I can't see us making the side trip. 

Yes, I believe this is accurate, it was not running when I visited on Oct 30th, and an acquaintance of mine who works at the park mentioned there was a maintenance issue they ran into that will keep the ride down until next season.

When I go the Adventure Park USA website, they list some hours for the outdoor rides, but when I go to the section of the websites on outdoor rides there's a big banner that says "Outdoor rides will reopen next spring" so I would assume that overrules the hours posted elsewhere on the site.