TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Wait, there was a actually tree in the Gotham city section of Six Flags America? I don't believe it. This story is not adding up.

SFA May need a dictionary to figure out what theming is, but at least we keep all our DC rides in once place (sans Two-face, RIP)

I was honestly pretty disappointed in the cost of a single day ticket for this park though. Luckily, Casey had gotten us discounted tickets but originally it would of cost me $92 for a single day ticket with parking included. That was the slightly discounted online price too. In all, it was a great 3.5 hours at the park though considering our circumstances.

Onto the pictures!

I'm a little shocked at the price, but hopefully you didn't pay near that much.

I'd guess that Six Flags has the prices jacked to drive folks to Season Passes/Memberships.

Really, they've been running Season Pass sales out the wazoo over the past week (I keep getting emails saying this is the LAST sale for 2019), with Season Pass running under $60. . and it's good at all parks, and upgraded to Gold (which gets you parking at all parks free).

so surprised y'all didn't just do that- if you visit any other Six Flags park during the year, would have been worth it. . and heck, was cheaper than the 1 day price anyways.

glad you had a good time tho!

Buying a Six Flags season pass is always the way to go, and I only do that on seasons in which I know I'll be visiting more than one Six Flags. Although Six Flags America is the closest Six Flags park to where I live, I have in the past bought a Six Flags season pass in New England one year and Six Flags over Georgia on another year, and I used them to visit other Six Flags parks. I didn't buy any Six Flags season passes this year (just for Hersheypark and a Funcard for Busch Gardens), but if I have any future trips that involves Six Flags visits, then I shall get a season pass and save tons of money ($$$)!

Got a call from the Safety Manager, he said they went out and did some trimming. He also said the park president, who is a foot taller than me, rode the ride and was well clear of everything.

Wacky issues with three coasters on the same day in June? I'm thinking Eleanor was up to her birthday / death anniversary tricks again.

Edited by MisterBrow

I definitely hit a tree branch with the tip of my finger going around that first turn on Superman a few years ago. Hurt like hell. Didn't break the skin though.

Anybody else find the Superman Restroom weird?

In what regards? I can tell you that it is a pre-fabricated restroom (built off-site, then trucked in and just sat on a slab) so in that regards it may seem different from other restrooms. Don't quote me on this, but I believe they actually had to put a septic tank back there for the restroom because extending the sewar lines would have been too costly (swear lines were not already back there and I didn't see any work that indicated that they were extended back that way prior to the construction of the restroom).

Lol no, they're just small and pretty bare. Almost like a garden shed painted bright colors on the outside, almost like a garden shed but the inside is a bathroom. I posted a video where you can see the inside of the bathrooms a little while ago here.

Lol no, they're just small and pretty bare. Almost like a garden shed painted bright colors on the outside, almost like a garden shed but the inside is a bathroom. I posted a video where you can see the inside of the bathrooms a little while ago here.

Hahaha. Imagine the horror of the other guests when you brought a camera into the bathroom stall and started filming.

Hahaha. Imagine the horror of the other guests when you brought a camera into the bathroom stall and started filming.

"I'm uh, just here for the roller coasters. Really I swear"

This new bathroom is circled in red. The next nearest ones are circled in yellow. Yeah, I'd say it was needed.

SFA.jpg.5061d8cb3b2550c0af976d449b97cf33.jpg

I think it's a temporary #budget bathroom and they'll expand into Batwing's space when it's removed in the off season. They could definitely fit a real bathroom with at least 48 Xcelerator hand dryers in them. The GP loves Xcelerator. It's been almost 10 months since my visit to CP where I really think I found my calling as an expert TPRBR (theme park review bathroom reviewer) and I totally know a #budget bathroom when I see one. All of the signs point to it.

Lol it was empty don’t worry