TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Six Flags in general has one of the worst haunted events I've been to. I do not understand why so many people waste their money on it when there are so many awesome haunts in the VA, MD, PA, and DE areas.

Anyway... looking forward to night rides on Superman.

And Roar also gives great cold weather rides

edit: I wonder if WW:LOT will run backwards for Fright Fest this year like it did last year?

Six Flags in general has one of the worst haunted events I've been to. I do not understand why so many people waste their money on it when there are so many awesome haunts in the VA, MD, PA, and DE areas.

I go just because I have a season pass. It hasn’t been as crowded as previous years. The mazes are ok. The best one was haunting of hall manor, but last year, they sent in too many people at one time and barley had any actors. Also, Apocalypse and batwing are closed for the year, so I guess I’ll also be marathoning superman.

And Roar also gives great cold weather rides

edit: I wonder if WW:LOT will run backwards for Fright Fest this year like it did last year?

YES! Well I like Roar all the time (its one of my favorite woodies) but definitely more at night.

The Crypt is just Spder Outbreak. They renamed it.

How can you confirm this? I think it's a retheme. Spider Outbreak had multiple scenes that looked like a house or home enviorment with couches and wallpaper. Those types of scenes would not fit in with the description they have for The Crypt

The Crypt is just Spder Outbreak. They renamed it.

How can you confirm this? I think it's a retheme. Spider Outbreak had multiple scenes that looked like a house or home enviorment with couches and wallpaper. Those types of scenes would not fit in with the description they have for The Crypt

Honestly, i cannot. We'll find out next week.

They should go to Home Depot and buy a bunch of the big Halloween yard animatronics.

The haunts at this park usually look good. That is just where it ends. They are not scary at all.

One of the best in the area is at Laural House of Horror in Laural. Its in an abandoned movie theater and really well done.

They should go to Home Depot and buy a bunch of the big Halloween yard animatronics.

The haunts at this park usually look good. That is just where it ends. They are not scary at all.

One of the best in the area is at Laural House of Horror in Laural. Its in an abandoned movie theater and really well done.

I agree with, but depends who you talk to. Some people are ridiculous scared. Coyote Creek is pretty good. Gotham is terrible, because it's too open.

Hi everyone I know this probably is a frequently asked question but my family is planning a trip to Six flags on the weekend of the 28th-30th and we noticed that fright fest hours have started! I just wanted to know if we should plan to go Friday from 5-9 or Saturday, depending on which day will have shorter lines and less crowded overall while still getting to most rides in. Thanks!

^If your intent is to get on the rides and you don't mind getting on the rides during the day (as opposed to night rides), go on Saturday and get there early afternoon. The park is generally pretty quiet before dusk during Fright Fest and you could knock out most of the rides before the Fright Fest activities really start to ramp up. After dark, especially Superman tends to get pretty decent lines during Fright Fest and with both Apocalypse and Batwing now closed, it will likely only make matters worse. If you are going for the Fright Fest stuff, Sunday is probably your best bet (if that is even a viable option for you). The Fright Fest stuff tends to draw good crowds at SFA, so unless you are getting the haunt passes to skip the lines, do as much as you can (haunt wise) as early as you can.

Hi everyone I know this probably is a frequently asked question but my family is planning a trip to Six flags on the weekend of the 28th-30th and we noticed that fright fest hours have started! I just wanted to know if we should plan to go Friday from 5-9 or Saturday, depending on which day will have shorter lines and less crowded overall while still getting to most rides in. Thanks!

Saturday during the day is usually pretty dead. You can easily ride every ride, coaster and flat ride, by sun down.

Once the sun starts setting you will see an influx of people, not just cars though. LOTS of people use the bus to get here from DC. Superman can easily get to around an hour wait at night. However, a night ride is worth it, especially in the front row. The lines for all of the haunts can easily get to 45 min to an hour each. They are not that good though, unless you are easily scared. They send groups through way too big.

Might as well do all the rides. Be sure to get your Superman and Roar night rides in. You'll get plenty of rerides if you come in the PM. There are enough shows going on, eating, and those rerides to keep you busy until the night stuff starts.

DC? Broad question my friend. What do you like to do? Smithsonians and other sites are a must. There are other things too, but have to focus.

Hi y'all,

We are visiting Six Flags America this Sunday the 23rd. We will be there in the afternoon to evening hours, as we are making a brief visit there before our stay in Washington, DC. I would like to know what you guys think are the best rides to hit, and in what order/way to visit them. Also, is the Flash Pass worth it/effective? Additionally, if you have any recommendations for attractions in DC, please let me know.

Thanks.

Oh yeah, forget that flash pass, especially on Sunday. Fair warning. Bring a friend free day is that day. You've been warned.

^^-- I just found out about the BAFF on Sunday myself, I'm wondering how many times I've been during them in the past. Does anyone know if they were doing this 2 years ago for FF? I know 2 and 3 years ago I went on the KD closed weekend, pre-FF Sundays and the 2nd of those was shocking and a waste of time, but the FF trip after was OK.

Re: Friday vs. Sat., if you spend a lot more time Saturday is more rides, but during only the same time slot probably not even close.

Might as well do all the rides. Be sure to get your Superman and Roar night rides in. You'll get plenty of rerides if you come in the PM. There are enough shows going on, eating, and those rerides to keep you busy until the night stuff starts.

DC? Broad question my friend. What do you like to do? Smithsonians and other sites are a must. There are other things too, but have to focus.

I think that we are looking for free and low-cost attractions. Personally, I want to visit something more off the beaten path than the National Mall and museums, although we will be going to those.

Hi y'all,

We are visiting Six Flags America this Sunday the 23rd. We will be there in the afternoon to evening hours, as we are making a brief visit there before our stay in Washington, DC. I would like to know what you guys think are the best rides to hit, and in what order/way to visit them. Also, is the Flash Pass worth it/effective? Additionally, if you have any recommendations for attractions in DC, please let me know.

Thanks.

Oh yeah, forget that flash pass, especially on Sunday. Fair warning. Bring a friend free day is that day. You've been warned.

Dang, is it even worth going to the park then?

Just get a flash pass. Its actually pretty cheap at this park. Also, a few times they have had it on "sale" and at times there are coupons if you have a gold season pass or higher.

As far as things to do in DC. Its mostly the museums and trying new restaurants. I do not think there really is no "off the beaten path" in this city.

I'm telling you...lol...I don't think he needs a fast pass. Sunday will be a beast, but if they get there early, all will be well.

I agree with the off the beaten path in DC. There are quite a few hard to see restaurants that are great though.

I'm spoiled and hate lines. I always get a line skipper when I go to parks if its available and its a park i do not normally go to. Means the most rides possible on coasters

But you are right about this particular park.

I've been to this park on memorial day and extremely crowded bring a friend free days that forced us to park deep into the third lot, yet I've rarely had to wait more than 20-ish min for anything even at peak lines (expect 1-train Batwing and full queue Ragin Cajun - those were ~45min waits)

However I have not been during peak fright fest days where the water park wasn't open, which could be bad for crowds, since in previous visits Hurricane Harbor soaked up most of the crowds.