TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I could see Iron Apocalypse being relocated again. I don’t think the park would invest in floorless trains, but having the ride on hand could be too good a deal for 6F to just scrap. Maybe it will be the chain’s new “ride rotation” coaster and bounce around to one or two more parks over the next 10 years. Granted, it’s relatively-poor performance at SFA could be a deterrent, but maybe they’ll just live off the first few seasons every time they move it around.

Not invest in floorless trains? What do you think they will do? The chance for a flat in that spot is slim in my opinion. I am on the floorless train, or different coaster all together.

If it is a flat, it will probably be huge, like a Discovery.

Removing a coaster and replacing it with a smaller flat is not out of the realm of possibility. Even Kings Dominion did that recently with Shockwave/Delirium. With all the extra space they put a nice lawn around it. Maybe the same thing will happen here. Oh who am I kidding, its SFA, they ain't putting in any grass.

Can anyone who has been on both CGA's Vortex and Patriot compare if that ride has gotten any smoother? I remember it being about as rough as Apocalypse before it was converted.

Are you looking at that specific example because it's smaller than Mantis/Rougarou? Just had 3 days at Cedar Point and rode Rougarou a total of 0 times if that gives you any indication.

The CGA thread will give you mixed reviews - but a the majority tells me: If you liked the ride as a stand up, you'll like the floorless. If you didn't like the stand up, you won't like the floorless.

Someone brought up the idea of SFA using apocalypse gift shop and queue line for a maze at fright fest and I can definitely see that happening.

I would be ok with the floorless conversion IF new minderaser trains were included. Otherwise, a raptor, 4D s&s, or giant frisbee would be fine.

"That is when Six Flags America is going to announce an incredible, UNBELIEVABLE new attraction for the 2019 season."

Introducing: Twisted Apocalypse; ride the "all new" coaster now at Six Flags America... do you dare to sit down?

alternatively: a 2ft taller model of the tourbillon marketed as the biggest ride of it's kind in the world

Is there a possibility (with Roar being situated next to Apocalypse) that it's being removed as part of a RMC conversion of Roar? The west coast counterpart has already had one. I know people are always talking about the chances of a Roar conversion, but with Apocalypse leaving, I wonder if that is closer to being a reality. Also, as a side note, they mention a big attraction coming next year. Next year is the 20th anniversary of SFA's conversion from Adventure World.

Is there a possibility (with Roar being situated next to Apocalypse) that it's being removed as part of a RMC conversion of Roar? The west coast counterpart has already had one. I know people are always talking about the chances of a Roar conversion, but with Apocalypse leaving, I wonder if that is closer to being a reality. Also, as a side note, they mention a big attraction coming next year. Next year is the 20th anniversary of SFA's conversion from Adventure World.

There would be no reason to remove this ride for a Roar conversion.

Do you think they'll ever get rid of the old Typhoon Sea Coaster structure (that Wild One goes through)? They used the skull portion of it for Apocalypse's theming, however on the inside of it (the part you see while riding Wild One) parts of the old TSC track remain. I would imagine it would probably require some sort of refurb for Wild One and would not be a worthwhile investment. I recall when TSC opened in Spring 1997, Wild One was shut down to make those alterations.

Do you think they'll ever get rid of the old Typhoon Sea Coaster structure (that Wild One goes through)? They used the skull portion of it for Apocalypse's theming, however on the inside of it (the part you see while riding Wild One) parts of the old TSC track remain. I would imagine it would probably require some sort of refurb for Wild One and would not be a worthwhile investment. I recall when TSC opened in Spring 1997, Wild One was shut down to make those alterations.

I have no idea.

Putting floorless trains probably wouldn't change the ride experience. Rougarou is still just as much a head banger in the second half as Mantis was.

Wasn't it just a few year's ago that Vertical Velocity was rumored to be leaving SFGAm and possibly relocate to SFA? That certainly would fit in Apocalypse's site.

This is the 20th anniversary. I think that's why 20 is so prominent on the headstones. Not talking about the obvious years on the headstones. You have to pay good attention to see what I mean.

I know that someone is going to say something about Python in 1998. That one is obvious, because that's when SF took over.

All I really want to see is something custom. I actually like this park but we need something new to differentiate it from the rest in the area.

A Raptor could so differentiate the park from everything else in the area! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

^^This park could install Millennium Force and serve free beer in the queue and I'd still rather go to Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens. I don't think Six Flags has any interest in competing with those parks on anything other than price and the convenience of their location in relation to downtown Washington DC and that's probably because of the insane investment that would be required to even attempt to do so.