TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

After being in wahoo river and KD’s lazy river, KD still has the better river. I think the improvements made wasn’t enough to brand it as a new river. Lots of my friends were underwhelmed, but we didn’t expect much. Hopefully SFA can get a 4D or raptor next year to make up for it.

Lol,,.dont know about that. I kinda see what you mean, but it is a lot different. Vast improvement over the last one. Do not know how much it cost. Not sure I buy their claim on more deck space. Also, a little salty that the stage is gone. I enjoyed when they had music and events up there.

Yeah. Wahoo River itself has had a borderline negative affect on the waterpark (loss of main stage, Only one walkway, etc) but due to its seemingly cheap price they added essential upgrades such as new flooring in the wave pool and brand new equipment for the kids water play area.

A vast improvement is a good way to put what they added. Does it look nice? Yes. But, they really didn't do that much as they made it sound on the advertisements. I was very let down with the "wave" effect, I barely felt it. Its a huge let down compared to the wave lazy river at Schliterbahn.

I hate that new GIANT planter they added where the pizza stand is in the water park. There is now not enough room to move on that pathway. They should have just added more tables! They need it on busy days. When I was there 7/4 there were no where enough tables. So many people sitting on the ground eating.

I am excited to see the future of this water park. Its clearly the money maker for the park (besides Fright Fest). The additions they have added have been pretty good. Now, I want them to add some customer slides. Bahmama Blast is my favorite slide because its custom. The Tornado, Halfpipe, and Bonzai Pipeline are pretty much becoming way too common for water parks now. As I have said before I really enjoy that they changed Hammerhead and Mako to be tubeless. Too many people flew out of them and ran into the stairs. Also, very happy they have held onto Zoomazon Falls. Even though I miss riding them on a tube and almost flying out they are still pretty fun as body slides.

Yeah, I remember nearly hitting the stairs on Hammerhead/Mako. And I can get decent airtime on them, which is well worth minor scratches on my back.

As for Zoomazon Falls, for whatever reason the green slide is the fastest

Lol,,.dont know about that. I kinda see what you mean, but it is a lot different. Vast improvement over the last one. Do not know how much it cost. Not sure I buy their claim on more deck space. Also, a little salty that the stage is gone. I enjoyed when they had music and events up there.

Yeah. Wahoo River itself has had a borderline negative affect on the waterpark (loss of main stage, Only one walkway, etc) but due to its seemingly cheap price they added essential upgrades such as new flooring in the wave pool and brand new equipment for the kids water play area.

A vast improvement is a good way to put what they added. Does it look nice? Yes. But, they really didn't do that much as they made it sound on the advertisements. I was very let down with the "wave" effect, I barely felt it. Its a huge let down compared to the wave lazy river at Schliterbahn.

I hate that new GIANT planter they added where the pizza stand is in the water park. There is now not enough room to move on that pathway. They should have just added more tables! They need it on busy days. When I was there 7/4 there were no where enough tables. So many people sitting on the ground eating.

I am excited to see the future of this water park. Its clearly the money maker for the park (besides Fright Fest). The additions they have added have been pretty good. Now, I want them to add some customer slides. Bahmama Blast is my favorite slide because its custom. The Tornado, Halfpipe, and Bonzai Pipeline are pretty much becoming way too common for water parks now. As I have said before I really enjoy that they changed Hammerhead and Mako to be tubeless. Too many people flew out of them and ran into the stairs. Also, very happy they have held onto Zoomazon Falls. Even though I miss riding them on a tube and almost flying out they are still pretty fun as body slides.

Yeah, I remember nearly hitting the stairs on Hammerhead/Mako. And I can get decent airtime on them, which is well worth minor scratches on my back.

As for Zoomazon Falls, for whatever reason the green slide is the fastest

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! The green one is the best. The green has the best dip right from the beginning to get the most speed. People assume because its the highest that its the best. Its funny how so many people scramble to the top "gold" one. I actually prefer the other 3 more. The blue was really fun when they let you use tubes on it.

Does anyone know what is going on with SFA's water rides? All three were closed when I visited the park for the first time this past Friday. Renegade Rapids, The Peguin's Blizzard River and Shipwreck Falls have no water and sign of life at all...I wonder what's the deal with that and it's Summer? I expected Batwing to be closed but that was it. Everything else was running and well I may add. I was shocked to see all the coasters were running two train operations after hearing differently for so long that they only had one train operations. Operations Friday were awesome! I also have to say that I've been to all the Six Flags parks in America except for New England and Great Escape and I have to say that the employees at SFA were the nicest I've ever encountered before at a Six Flags park. Very friendly and several times went out of their way to ask me if I was having a great experience...And I'm a nobody. I was floored by the great guest relations at this park...SFOG needs to take some notes from this park. But with all that praise, I was kind of bored with their attractions. This park is seriously lacking. I mean Superman was great and Jokers Jinx too, but as for the rest of the coasters, I wasn't too impressed. Wild One was great until the helix at the end...Which killed the ride for me. I seriously couldn't tell if Roar was retracked. Mind Eraser and Apocalypse need to be put out of their misery. Ragin Cajun was a highlight...It was the most outrageous Spinning Wild Mouse I've ever rode. I also got the kiddie credit. But after riding the coasters several times, and all the flats (WW was good), I was done in a few hours. The park was pretty dead, everything was a walk on...Which was cool. But to kill time, we also watched all the shows, which were a joke. The same people that perform Memphis Motown also perform Rockin Country...They work their actors hard at SFA. lol The stunt show was pretty corny. Yeah, you could do this park in like four hours if you wanted on a week day and that's doing everything but the waterpark. Which we didn't do. One more praise for this park. Their philly cheesesteak is actually really good. I don't normally give Six Flags a pat on the back for food, but this time I will. So, overall impression of SFA...What they lack in rides they make up for in everything else. Nice people, good food, and a clean park. And I agree with the post above, a Raptor or Free Spin would fit nicely between Batwing and Superman...But before they add more rides, they need to plant more trees in the back first.

Yup, ops and service are fine. Only take it from one who goes a lot.

I know that Shipwreck Falls was getting some type of repair to the bottom of the lift. Don't know why the others were closed. That's weird that only the water attractions are closed.

Does anyone know what is going on with SFA's water rides? All three were closed when I visited the park for the first time this past Friday. Renegade Rapids, The Peguin's Blizzard River and Shipwreck Falls have no water and sign of life at all...I wonder what's the deal with that and it's Summer? I expected Batwing to be closed but that was it. Everything else was running and well I may add. I was shocked to see all the coasters were running two train operations after hearing differently for so long that they only had one train operations. Operations Friday were awesome! I also have to say that I've been to all the Six Flags parks in America except for New England and Great Escape and I have to say that the employees at SFA were the nicest I've ever encountered before at a Six Flags park. Very friendly and several times went out of their way to ask me if I was having a great experience...And I'm a nobody. I was floored by the great guest relations at this park...SFOG needs to take some notes from this park. But with all that praise, I was kind of bored with their attractions. This park is seriously lacking. I mean Superman was great and Jokers Jinx too, but as for the rest of the coasters, I wasn't too impressed. Wild One was great until the helix at the end...Which killed the ride for me. I seriously couldn't tell if Roar was retracked. Mind Eraser and Apocalypse need to be put out of their misery. Ragin Cajun was a highlight...It was the most outrageous Spinning Wild Mouse I've ever rode. I also got the kiddie credit. But after riding the coasters several times, and all the flats (WW was good), I was done in a few hours. The park was pretty dead, everything was a walk on...Which was cool. But to kill time, we also watched all the shows, which were a joke. The same people that perform Memphis Motown also perform Rockin Country...They work their actors hard at SFA. lol The stunt show was pretty corny. Yeah, you could do this park in like four hours if you wanted on a week day and that's doing everything but the waterpark. Which we didn't do. One more praise for this park. Their philly cheesesteak is actually really good. I don't normally give Six Flags a pat on the back for food, but this time I will. So, overall impression of SFA...What they lack in rides they make up for in everything else. Nice people, good food, and a clean park. And I agree with the post above, a Raptor or Free Spin would fit nicely between Batwing and Superman...But before they add more rides, they need to plant more trees in the back first.

That is awesome you had good customer service. Some of the employees do care and I like seeing that. When I was there last the Mind Eraser staff could not have cared less about the ride or guest. Also, the Wild One staff was more interested in having personal conversations over the loud speaker then checking seat belts/restraints.

That sucks about the water rides being down all in one day.

The Penguin needs some love bad, the rafts do not even spin anymore. Most of the rubber on the slide is gone and the water fall feature at the bottom had no water coming out of the middle last time I was there. I also find it odd you have to wait for the raft behind yours to hit yours so yours can then go up the conveyor belt back into the station.

Renegade Rapids runs on a weird schedule. When I went on 7/4 it did not open with the park but is usually open about noon. However, sometimes it does not open until around 1 then sometimes closes again and re-opens later on. This ride could use a huge face lift as well.

Yeah, when I was there last week I was really surprised that all the water rides were down for the day.

I for one would like Blizzard River to be replaced by a Raptor or T-Rex. I know BR doesn't operate early/late in the season because of cooler weather, so why not have something that can go year round?

And maybe between Batwing and S:ROS, a Sky Rocket II could fit in.

Yeah, when I was there last week I was really surprised that all the water rides were down for the day.

I for one would like Blizzard River to be replaced by a Raptor or T-Rex. I know BR doesn't operate early/late in the season because of cooler weather, so why not have something that can go year round?

And maybe between Batwing and S:ROS, a Sky Rocket II could fit in.

Nah, put the Raptor in the area between the Skycoaster and PBR so it can have some interaction with other rides. I'd rather see the field used for a flat ride expansion a Sky Rocket 2 would most definitely not compliment the park. Jokers Jinx is a far superior launched coaster.

That is awesome you had good customer service. Some of the employees do care and I like seeing that. When I was there last the Mind Eraser staff could not have cared less about the ride or guest. Also, the Wild One staff was more interested in having personal conversations over the loud speaker then checking seat belts/restraints.

That sucks about the water rides being down all in one day.

The Penguin needs some love bad, the rafts do not even spin anymore. Most of the rubber on the slide is gone and the water fall feature at the bottom had no water coming out of the middle last time I was there. I also find it odd you have to wait for the raft behind yours to hit yours so yours can then go up the conveyor belt back into the station.

Renegade Rapids runs on a weird schedule. When I went on 7/4 it did not open with the park but is usually open about noon. However, sometimes it does not open until around 1 then sometimes closes again and re-opens later on. This ride could use a huge face lift as well.

On my 7/15 visit, all water rides were functioning and I got rides in on Renegade and BR. I hate to say I will probably never ride 'Blizzard' again (unless they majorly rehab this ride). The boats looked terrible and did not drain meaning riders had to submerge their feet/shoes into really nasty water. Disgusting! At least I got my 'ride credit!' Renegade was a lot of fun; surprisingly it was only a station wait.

The railroad was far above average - I love the way it goes deep into the woods. This reminds me of just how HUGE this park is with all the undeveloped land.

The water park was well above expectation. Glad I finally got to spend some real time here - I really enjoyed this area. Wahoo River was indeed nice, but the lazy river at my home water park, White Water Atlanta is still leaps ahead. Shade makes a world of difference. But still "Wahoo" looked really nice as did most of the HH area.

I have said it before but this park is very underrated. There is a very decent coaster collection here and the park is for the most part clean and service I have received has generally been above average. The lone sore spot on my visit was the dreadful food service at dinner and the 40 minute wait in the 'food court'. The food was good though; Chop Six was a pleasant surprise. Oddly enough, Johnny Rockets at this park does not honor the dining plans like they do at other SF parks.

Sorry no photos - I stowed away my phone in the car. I will be back next summer, if not again later this year.

^ Glad you had a good visit. Chop Stix is decent but I definitely miss Panda Express there. That was always my go to place to eat. I thought the same thing about Johnny Rockets too. I never noticed it until last year when I tried to eat there. Then when I was at Six Flags New England I was able to eat there with the dining pass.

^ Glad you had a good visit. Chop Stix is decent but I definitely miss Panda Express there. That was always my go to place to eat. I thought the same thing about Johnny Rockets too. I never noticed it until last year when I tried to eat there. Then when I was at Six Flags New England I was able to eat there with the dining pass.

The Johnny Rockets thing is annoying. I assume it is a separate entity like the taco stand.

Chop Six is my go to for drink refills as it is usually empty. Since I am not looking for culinary experience at a Six Flags, I will admit that since they just scoop and go, when I don't want to wait for the painfully slow food service- I will eat there. I usually ask which dish is the freshest and go with that. It's been fine.

Is anyone in the park today? There are a boat load of markings behind the stage not being used, all of the way to the entrance of the kid section. Also, to the other smaller stage used for block party. Well, used to be for block party.

Also, there are markings near Roar and in Coyote Creek, near the Saloon. Those seem not that important though.

The ones behind the stage/ in front of the train station are plentiful. If I had to guess, from end to end, it is about 280-300 feet. A lot of painted lines, but there are mostly dots all over the place.

Lol, the day that I leave my phone in the car. I'll take pics if I come back today or tomorrow.