TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^^--Batwing is not Mind Eraser. Batwing runs smooth and fine as far as hanging by your ankles riding a roller coaster goes.

From the thread "The amazing (real time-ish) adventures of jarmor!" Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:18 am

Caption from picture of Mind Eraser as SFNE with the old trains:

Yeah, it was awful. Way worst than SFA's SLC.

So SFNE instead of SFA got new trains for their SLC because it needed them more. Of course both of the rides are old enough they've gotten their money's worth from them already.

The new trains for Batwing is just pure speculation. All that we know is that Batwing is "temporarily closed", and that the park has put the sign that someone posted earlier. I don't expect it to open for a while. Whether that will be days, weeks, or even months is anyone's best guess.

I would love to see something new in Batwing's place. Even though its fun I'd like to see something new and fresh in the park instead of just shuffled coasters. There is a lot of land back there. They could easily fit 2 coasters back there eventually. I always wonder why they never put anything on the land between Batwing and Superman.

Also... I know its a pipe dream but bathrooms back there would be awesome!

^Nooo!

I actually love Batwing and it’s one of my favorite rides in the park, though I agree bathrooms back there would be nice. My personal pipe dream is a raptor clone between S:ROS and BW.

Wouldn't new trains on Mind Eraser make more sense then Batwing?

Even though I would be bias to ME because I actually enjoy the layout of them and I have ridden 2 with the new trains and it makes a complete 180 degree difference, I feel like Batwing would be a better option due to how popular it still is.

I'll be at this park for the first time this Friday. Is Batwing and Mind Eraser the only two rides down at this park right now? I'd kinda like to get a game plan together for this park. As for which rides to hit first, not just the coasters, but flats too...Even the kiddie ones too if I can fit. And I've heard this park has a decent water park, but I'll be skipping it this trip. So, for the SFA pros out there...Which rides/coasters have the longest lines? Thanks.

I'll be at this park for the first time this Friday. Is Batwing and Mind Eraser the only two rides down at this park right now? I'd kinda like to get a game plan together for this park. As for which rides to hit first, not just the coasters, but flats too...Even the kiddie ones too if I can fit. And I've heard this park has a decent water park, but I'll be skipping it this trip. So, for the SFA pros out there...Which rides/coasters have the longest lines? Thanks.

Mind Eraser was open today. Batwing is the only thing closed

The dry side will more than likely be dead. Most coasters will be a walk on. You more than likely won't need a Flash Pass at all. RC may have a little wait and ME has only been running one train. When I was there 7/4 I waited about 10 minutes for it. Adults can ride the kiddie credit without a kid but it usually has a line.

The water park is decent here.

The dry side will more than likely be dead. Most coasters will be a walk on. You more than likely won't need a Flash Pass at all. RC may have a little wait and ME has only been running one train. When I was there 7/4 I waited about 10 minutes for it. Adults can ride the kiddie credit without a kid but it usually has a line.

The water park is decent here.

Thanks!

Lol,,.dont know about that. I kinda see what you mean, but it is a lot different. Vast improvement over the last one. Do not know how much it cost. Not sure I buy their claim on more deck space. Also, a little salty that the stage is gone. I enjoyed when they had music and events up there.

Lol,,.dont know about that. I kinda see what you mean, but it is a lot different. Vast improvement over the last one. Do not know how much it cost. Not sure I buy their claim on more deck space. Also, a little salty that the stage is gone. I enjoyed when they had music and events up there.

Yeah. Wahoo River itself has had a borderline negative affect on the waterpark (loss of main stage, Only one walkway, etc) but due to its seemingly cheap price they added essential upgrades such as new flooring in the wave pool and brand new equipment for the kids water play area.

Yeah, I miss the stage by the old Lazy River. They could have kept it.

Anyhow, I'm wondering what the new thing for SFA will be for 2019. I'm thinking it'll be either a. new trains for ME; b. new trains for Batwing or c. Roar gets RMC'd.

Most likely will be b.

My personal pipe dream would be for a raptor between S:ROS and Batwing, but I doubt we’re getting anything like that any time soon based on the park’s history of not getting new ground up coasters for ~17 years.

My personal pipe dream would be for a raptor between S:ROS and Batwing, but I doubt we’re getting anything like that any time soon based on the park’s history of not getting new ground up coasters for ~17 years.

Well that's weird, apparently we share the same pipe dream. I'd settle for a free spin in that spot with a giant discovery the year after.

Anyhow, I'm wondering what the new thing for SFA will be for 2019. I'm thinking it'll be either a. new trains for ME; b. new trains for Batwing or c. Roar gets RMC'd.

Most likely will be b.

A or B wouldn't be 'the new ride'. It would be something that they do extra. I bombed badly with last year's guess...lol..,.but what type of enthusiast would I be if I didn't. Top three guesses: 1. Skywarp 2. Raptor 3. Spinsanity (I'll be butt hurt).

Edited by Highridin

Most likely will be b.

A or B wouldn't be 'the new ride'. It would be something that they do extra. I bombed badly with last year's guess...lol..,.but what type of enthusiast would I be if I didn't. Top three guesses: 1. Discovery 2. Raptor 3. Spinsanity (I'll be butt hurt).

I'd Switch 1 and 2 and replace Spinsanity with Tourbillon for 3.

Yeah. Wahoo River itself has had a borderline negative affect on the waterpark (loss of main stage, Only one walkway, etc) but due to its seemingly cheap price they added essential upgrades such as new flooring in the wave pool and brand new equipment for the kids water play area.

A vast improvement is a good way to put what they added. Does it look nice? Yes. But, they really didn't do that much as they made it sound on the advertisements. I was very let down with the "wave" effect, I barely felt it. Its a huge let down compared to the wave lazy river at Schliterbahn.

I hate that new GIANT planter they added where the pizza stand is in the water park. There is now not enough room to move on that pathway. They should have just added more tables! They need it on busy days. When I was there 7/4 there were no where enough tables. So many people sitting on the ground eating.

I am excited to see the future of this water park. Its clearly the money maker for the park (besides Fright Fest). The additions they have added have been pretty good. Now, I want them to add some customer slides. Bahmama Blast is my favorite slide because its custom. The Tornado, Halfpipe, and Bonzai Pipeline are pretty much becoming way too common for water parks now. As I have said before I really enjoy that they changed Hammerhead and Mako to be tubeless. Too many people flew out of them and ran into the stairs. Also, very happy they have held onto Zoomazon Falls. Even though I miss riding them on a tube and almost flying out they are still pretty fun as body slides.