TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: SFA will get a NEW coaster (meaning something brand new and built specifically for the park; not a hand-me-down) once all of these three things happen -

#1 - Amelia Earhart's plane wreckage/and/or her remains are found

#2 - Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

#3 - a certain really hot place freezes over

Actually, I saw that not long ago some scientists believe that they have positively ID'd Earhart's remains to a 99% certainty, so one of those things possibly has already happened!

Now, all we have to do is wait for the other two to happen.....But all I've got to say is I'm not waiting around anxiously with bated breath!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: SFA will get a NEW coaster (meaning something brand new and built specifically for the park; not a hand-me-down) once all of these three things happen -

Actually, I saw that not long ago some scientists believe that they have positively ID'd Earhart's remains to a 99% certainty, so one of those things possibly has already happened!

Now, all we have to do is wait for the other two to happen.....But all I've got to say is I'm not waiting around anxiously with bated breath!

Two out of three... ?

Hell-Michigan-freezes-over_855904_ver1.0_1280_720.thumb.jpg.63912776c71bad5bd3c9fd38337320aa.jpg

Two out of three... ?

[attachment=0]Hell-Michigan-freezes-over_855904_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg[/attachment]

Also anyone planning to head to the park in the next few days? I'm hoping to be there monday.

I'm racking my brain to make a decision on this membership. If I get the diamond, which I would, I can get the dining pass for $67.80, instead of 110.00. Though, I would pay more in the long run with the membership. About $145.00. I would leave my two kid's passes as regular, so my only benefit is the parking, water park seating (we go a lot), and some discounts. That's the other issue. Without all of us having the Diamond area waterpark seating, I could only go in there. Dammit!..lol..

I'll be at the park for my first time ever for a few hours on Sunday the 8th on my way back home from Kings Dominion. Wondering if any locals could give me some general info on what to expect as far as crowds, operations, the rides themselves, food, etc. I assume the park will be dead but just wanted to ask.

Thanks in advance!

Well, I can tell you that operations are already in mid season form. Five minute dispatches and 1 train ops. But seriously. It is what it is, and will always be. I don't have any specific recommendations re. food. The lines get long quickly, and stay long all day, so keep that in mind. Nevertheless, you can do absolutely everything worth doing in 2-3 hours, sometimes less.

Here are some other random tips:

1. Voodoo Drop packs a punch. It's worth it.

2. I'm a big fan of Rodeo.

3. When you ride Wild One, don't sit on a wheel seat, it will greatly improve your experience.

4. Do the 10-15 minute walk to the back of the park where Batwing is first, and then work your way back.

^^-- If staying until close, it can be worth reversing that strategy and marathoning Superman until they make you stop, but then after KD all day you might not even want to, or prefer Wild One. But also northbound traffic through there on Sunday afternoon can be really bad, although the time of year is better. You probably will end up staying until close even if not intended, and may wish you just stayed until close at KD instead. Although it will be different, try doing Google maps for that route this coming Sunday afternoon. Most of the recent times I've gone there it took 2.5 hours there, 1.5 hours back, because I don't take SFA seriously enough to hit the road earlier. Twice I've given up and turned around due to gridlock on I95 and US301.

I'm talking about rides such as Two-Face, Krypton Comet, Shipwreck Falls, etc.

Oh you're talking about a coaster and a flat they removed over a decade ago, my bad.

Also, when did they remove Shipwreck Falls?

Holy sh*t we've gone from "Why do they keep removing rides" when they've got nothing but additions over the past 10 years to "they should remove a ride for a new ride" in less than 3 posts.

Have you that quickly forgotten why we're talking about this? My god.