TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^^ You say that like there isn't this thing called money that the park would need to shell out. That kind of addition would require a level of capital current corporate management would never, ever lay out.

It's annoying that the park is as fragmented as it is, sure, but any discussion about "closing the loop" just isn't grounded in reality.

Below is a list of investments SF has made to SFA over the past decade. I've bolded what I considered major ones for you.

2018 - Lazy River

2017 - Skyflyer

2016 - Kidde play area in waterpark

2015 - Superloop

2014 - New Section / Spinning Coaster

2013 - Water Slides

2012 - Standup Coaster

2011 - Water Slides

2010 - Kiddie Area

2009 - Train

2008 - Halfpipe Coaster

2007 - Splash Boat Ride

I get it, kid, everyone wants their home park to get a Giga/Dive Machine/Wing Coaster/Accelerator every year, but no, SFA does not "need" major investment. The market demand isn't there, and the ROI would be so so minimal.

It would run from the path that is cut off between Mind Eraser and Renegade Rapids.

Easier said than done. The supports for Mind Eraser are essentially directly next to Renegade Rapids. As such, you can't just go "between" Mind Eraser and Renegade Rapids. You would either have to reconfigure the end of Renegade Rapids to move the rapids further from Mind Eraser or the path would have to go under Mind Eraser. Unfortunately, going under Mind Eraser at that point is likely not an option because of how low the coaster is to the ground in that section (no way to build a path that would not interfere with the clearance envelope. The better option would be to go through the middle of the ride connecting the current Mind Eraser entrance/exit area to the maintenance road beneath Mind Eraser, but that would involve a pretty major change in elevation that would be difficult to do in an ADA compliant manner.

Honestly, if you REALLY wanted to build a path out that way, the BEST option would be to remove either Mind Eraser (maybe replace it with an S&S FreeSpin?) or Renegade Rapids (let's face it, it's not the greatest Rapids... you rarely get that wet... maybe replace it with a splash battle or something?). But then you come to the bigger question... what next? It's 1/4 of a mile from there to Batwing... that's a LOT of real-estate to fill, otherwise, it's a long boring path. And much of the land in the area near Mind Eraser and Renegade Rapids is protected wetlands, so while you may be able to build a path in that section, you couldn't build much else.

There are plenty of other places in the park to add new attractions before this would EVER need to come up as a necessity.

I don't really understand how park management works but i'd assume that they are getting a relatively cheap addition this year for a reason. Next year is likely going to be a big year.

They likely got a "cheap" addition this year so they could pay for all of the other maintenance related things they are doing (new floor in the Wavepool, refurbishments/repainting of several other Hurricane Harbor attractions, biometric entry upgrades, new kitchen equipment, etc). If anything, the only thing else we MIGHT get could be an expanded HitP this year (open some/most of Gotham... Joker's Jinx, Wonder Woman, and MAYBE Superman), but given how much they had to cut short HitP this year, that might be off the tables.

If anything, the only thing else we MIGHT get could be an expanded HitP this year (open some/most of Gotham... Joker's Jinx, Wonder Woman, and MAYBE Superman)

This is about the most I could hope for. That would be fantastic.

Also, a comment and a question:

1. The red line is roughly the path that has been talked about for nearly two decades now. It's not going to happen.

2. I've always been curious. Whose house is that circled in blue??

343846225_thepaththatwaspromised.thumb.jpg.2f5cd4c00246ec66fa72cfc99010b601.jpg

There already is a service road through the trees and I guess I am trying to avoid that awkward endless egg frying path in the back of the park.

But, since we are playing in the realm of fantasy... how about expanding the water park back and replacing ME with a water coaster and connecting in front of the rapids? Then at least the short path to Whistle Stop wouldn't be too crazy.

I just want to get in the gate and go straight to Superman.

Edited by MisterBrow

How about you fill out the existing awkward, ridiculous looking endless path through an open field with nothing on it before building a new one?

This, how about some TLC into the back area of the park that is a swamp with no shade in the Maryland summer. Thats the addition im hoping for.

I just want to get in the gate and go straight to Superman.

I'm still trying to figure out how this mythical path would be a faster walk than the existing path.

SFA.jpg.322a6239b76eb727b3b7b3023f0b5927.jpg

There already is a service road through the trees and I guess I am trying to avoid that awkward endless egg frying path in the back of the back.

A better use of that money would be taking those trees out and moving them to the Gotham area. Also, a bathroom back there.

Faster would be the little cut from ROAR to Whistle Stop, maybe marginal time wise but not walking away from where I am going and back.

Without the mythical unicorn path after walking out to Bat Wing and then back tracking I don't even take the turn to the creek, I largely ignore the whole section. Never do I go into CC and then backtrack out to BW. It's rare to even go into CC. That's not good money wise.

However, with the magic sunny rainbow unicorn path I would go left, fill my big ugly refillable cup, take a quick ride on the new ME trains, a dry ride on the rapids, after thinking about water ride BW, wish there was a restroom, ride SM until I have to pee, decide I can hold it to ride WWloT, do that urgent walk through a sweltering Gotham, pee, refill my big ugly refillable cup, ride JJ, get stuck on JJ and be glad I peed...

I agree to negotiate relocating trees and a bathroom and drop the conversation. Or, how about a super gold pass that allows me to cut through from ROAR to Whistle Stop?

Which of the following coaster could you foresee coming to SFA: RMC Roar, Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso clone, or S&S 4D free fly?

I assume you mean Free Spin, Maybe called Batman The Ride cause the park already has a Joker and Wonder Woman ride.

Imagine if they end up getting St. Louis' Ninja or Boomerang?

^ SFA before Holiday in the park and the extra attendance it brings. I’d say the St. Louis Ningal

^^ Now:post HITP I’d say RMC Roar ( I know there’s been Roar Retracking for past few seasons)

Stats for Roar Redue? Height 45 feet, track length 900 feet inversions none