TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I'd love to see the pirate ship removed. Last year when I went it was down every time. I only went once this year and it was down. When it is running its a terrible version or perhaps they have it on a terrible cycle. It doesn't go high at all. Best is still the one at Fun Land in Rehoboth. I would love to see this replaced.

The Shoot the Shoot is extremely popular even into October so maybe that will survive a few more seasons.

Let's not forget about Pirate's Flight. That ride is hardly ever that crowded.

I noticed on SFAs facebook post they responded to an angry commenter complaining about "another handmedown ride" and the park responded saying "not even close!" So I suppose we can take that for what it's worth.

The new markers in Gotham mean something, especially the new MC survey marker by the tracks, and the 'left over ' markers by WW. No one accidentally leaves survey stakes down for months. Not even SFA. .

I'm going to the park now. Going to check on something, and of course make continued use of my dining pass.

I noticed on SFAs facebook post they responded to an angry commenter complaining about "another handmedown ride" and the park responded saying "not even close!" So I suppose we can take that for what it's worth.

Well at least thats encouraging, this park has slowly been improving over the past few years so something brand new wouldn't surprise me.

I think corporate realized that they needed to add something of significant to the park even if it is just a freespin. They would be crazy if they didn't add something notable while its closest competitors Hershey and KD are getting huge attractions for next year.

I took a pic of the exact location of the pic. I can tell from the tar marks. If the location means anything at all, it is pointing at Apocalypse. Technically, it is pointing between that and Roar. I took a picture of the survey marker in relationship to Apocalypse. A direct line of sight, which surveryors use. If I remember right, without looking it up, the ride has a 115 foot drop. There is a 102 on the marker. The ride dips down about 10 feet before going down the hill.

So, Roar is going no where. They just did the awesome tracking. I know, this is SF. That doesn't mean squat. The pile of crap known as Apocalypse might be gone, or at least get better trains. I'll go with the latter, because you figure that they would have started taking it down.

Then there is the matter of the grim reaper. Obviously, they are closing something when FF gets here.

THEN, there is the matter of the 1st in the paragraph. Are we getting one of the firsts?

I guess my water coaster hope/ prediction is down the toilet..lol

20170821_170528.thumb.jpg.9bdf0c18ab256280cf2549f399d29116.jpg

20170821_165543.thumb.jpg.35d8d687f802bebf1b6346785bbce6f4.jpg

Edited by Highridin

Hoping Shipwreck Falls or High Seas get removed, this park can't stand to lose another DC Comics IP attraction. First Krypton Comet, then Two-Face.

We need Penguin!

I wouldn't be surprised if it were Shipwreck Falls. I breaks A LOT, and the shadow that is being cast would be from Shipwreck Falls. I'm just happy that they will be posting clues all of the way until next week....according to their FB page.

Let me throw in one more thing. Their FB page is interesting. Two posts down is a pic of ROAR with the title, 'Just COASTING through Thursday'. The next post is the Aug. 31 announcement post. The next post is the teaser. Oh, and Aug. 31st is on a Thursday. Just something to ponder.

Hoping Shipwreck Falls or High Seas get removed, this park can't stand to lose another DC Comics IP attraction. First Krypton Comet, then Two-Face.

We need Penguin!

Yeah . . . . Krypton Comet was a fun one (Chance Chaos rides are cool), I guess it didn't get enough ridership. I remember it was where WW:LOT is now (and another long gone flat ride was Penguin's Avalanche bobsleds, I think where the small theater is?)

And yeah, an Inverted Boomerang is unique . . . . .

My 4 predictions whatever it's worth

1 RMC RoAr with an extension of track therefore removing one of the rides in its new path.

2 S&S behind WW where PBR is currently

3 S&S twisted looper why? Because the animation for the ride is more detailed opposed to the more primitive animation found on the new el loco concepts and family inverted. When you see a new S&S ride made you see the more detailed animation associated with it.This ride is going to be installed or is seriously be considered by someone. Six Flags has been the only company the states that has recently worked with S&S.

4. Giant Frisbee

My 4 predictions whatever it's worth

1 RMC RoAr with an extension of track therefore removing one of the rides in its new path.

2 S&S behind WW where PBR is currently

3 S&S twisted looper why? Because the animation for the ride is more detailed opposed to the more primitive animation found on the new el loco concepts and family inverted. When you see a new S&S ride made you see the more detailed animation associated with it.This ride is going to be installed or is seriously be considered by someone. Six Flags has been the only company the states that has recently worked with S&S.

4. Giant Frisbee

Lol,.off of the top of my head, I cannot think of anything in its way, except for Apocalypse.

Oh I'd love to see them get a giant discovery! Although would hope they would put it back by Batwing and Superman so there is something else back there. I'm excited to see what they get! I love Six Flags America! It may not have the best coasters or operations, but it is still a fun park and none of the coasters are so bad that I didn't want to reride them. Plus I really love their Gotham section and their Mardi Gras section.

My sources say not to read too much into what you see in the single image that the park posted and that the teases the park may (or may not) post over the next few days/weeks may contain a lot of red herrings. As for the attraction being removed? Look for it to be an early Wild World days attraction (something built before Wild One opened).

My sources say not to read too much into what you see in the single image that the park posted and that the teases the park may (or may not) post over the next few days/weeks may contain a lot of red herrings. As for the attraction being removed? Look for it to be an early Wild World days attraction (something built before Wild One opened).

Pirates Flight (Intamin Swings), High Seas(pirate ship) and Riddle me this were the only rides added before wild one that they could remove however none of those plots would be big enough for anything besides those rides unless they removed either the sky coaster or shipwreck falls as well.

Pirates Flight (Intamin Swings), High Seas(pirate ship) and Riddle me this were the only rides added before wild one that they could remove however none of those plots would be big enough for anything besides those rides unless they removed either the sky coaster or shipwreck falls as well.

You're missing a few attractions...

Nope, Zoomazon Falls were put in way before The Wild One. It was closed the other day. I just bring up that one, because I keep thinking that it will be removed for a water coaster one day (I'll never forget the look Mr. Howarth gave me when I said that a water coaster would be outstanding). There is very little room left over there to put in a water coaster.

Yes, quite a few attractions are missing.

It says "new for 2017" but they didn't add anything new. They should at least change the layout for some of the mazes and add something new because it's the same scares every year. I see the park stays open until 12am late October so that should be fun.

One interesting thing. The Awakening has been moved to Gotham arena. Why? New ride going where they used to have the show?

I see many face plants happening in the arena if they do that scare surprise at the end.

The train is new for 2017.

Edited by Highridin

I hear you. Though, that lightning bolt in the cape is obvious. No way some clothes are that crisp...lol