my 2017 addition guesses

1. Retheme of Whistlestop to DC Superfriends

2. Replacing Gotham Arena with Justice League

[attachment=0]soxla.JPG[/attachment]

3. Adding a Disk-O to Gotham City

[attachment=1]sla.JPG[/attachment]

Thoughts?

1. Hopefully not but maybe.

2. Definitely not happening this year if at all. Six Flags has stopped adding them an even if they were adding it we would've seen demolition of the arena.

3. I doubt a ride is going in that space. If one were to be added hopefully it would be in either Coyote Creek. If one is added, it definitely will not be the only ride.

Never seen this sign.

I believe they are constructing a new game. I saw it today but sadly I didn't take pics.

I saw the same thing . . . . it's another one of those rope ladder games (I even saw the park president Rick there looking at it) and they moved the basketball game to in front of Gotham Arena. Why they did this . . . . I don't know

Never seen this sign.

I believe they are constructing a new game. I saw it today but sadly I didn't take pics.

I saw the same thing . . . . it's another one of those rope ladder games (I even saw the park president Rick there looking at it) and they moved the basketball game to in front of Gotham Arena. Why they did this . . . . I don't know

They have a rope ladder game right before you walk into Gotham city, so I think they should've used that space for something else. But maybe this one may be different idk.

Hopefully no Super Friends. Just about everything in Movie Town has been redone/repainted, and looks very good. What worries me is that they didn't do that to Whistlestop.

I'm glad that it is a new game. I was worried that a Spinsanity was going to be squeezed in there.

Right now, it's all about the survey markers in Gotham.

I don't think a Justice League may be going in anymore (still holding on though). Though, if it were, we wouldn't necessarily see demolition. A building like that can be deconstructed in a matter of days. Also, they would wait until the park closed down for the week. It's the only way into Gotham. Build the stinkin Coyote Creek to Gotham path..lol

This park is pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place. Six Flags refuses to properly invest in this park despite there being tons of competition within its radius. Kings Dominion opening up the only RMC in the mid-Atlantic doesn't bode well for it next year.

I do feel for those who have it as their home park. It deserves a lot better. It has a lot of room for expansion and has the potential to be a major player for the GP and enthusiasts alike. But Six Flags needs to do what Cedar Fair did and make a commitment to it.

I think a free fly and RMC Roar would help, but focus needs to be on aesthetics and the family/kids aspect too, to try and shake the "ghetto asphalt park" stigma like KD did when Cedar Fair took over.

Lol, don't feel for us here. I like the place. Though, I actually agree with you. The ghetto aspect as you put it is exaggerated, and hasn't been that way in years. Take from actual people that go a lot, not people that 'visited ' once or twice in a year. I wouldn't take my kids to a ghetto park. Main reason that I stopped going on the mid 2000s.

I doubt a ride is going in that space. If one were to be added hopefully it would be in either Coyote Creek. If one is added, it definitely will not be the only ride.

It was the only ride for SFStL in 2017. So yes, if it is SFA 2018 addition, it will most likely be the only ride.

I doubt a ride is going in that space. If one were to be added hopefully it would be in either Coyote Creek. If one is added, it definitely will not be the only ride.

It was the only ride for SFStL in 2017. So yes, if it is SFA 2018 addition, it will most likely be the only ride.

That post was outdated. I wrote that assuming that a ride may have been going in the small parcel of land now occupied by a games stall.

Part of people's impressions about this park aren't actually real. If they put in a huge new coaster that everyone wanted to ride, the park would just seem so much more "new" and more people would see it as a nice place (at least if the rest of the park was prepared for the crowds). Sure, KD got a bit of a facelift, but part of that also was new rides.

As to the walk back through Gotham to Superman etc., some of you may love sun but I've felt like I was going to die out there, that or have to break down and buy a drink. Here's an idea: put huge awnings over the front of the vendors out there, so you can get out of the sun especially if you're buying something (I'm not sure there isn't anything like that, but don't remember any). Also, both GrAdv and SFNE have many "cooling stations" scattered around, despite not being as far south.

Part of people's impressions about this park aren't actually real. If they put in a huge new coaster that everyone wanted to ride, the park would just seem so much more "new" and more people would see it as a nice place (at least if the rest of the park was prepared for the crowds). Sure, KD got a bit of a facelift, but part of that also was new rides.

As to the walk back through Gotham to Superman etc., some of you may love sun but I've felt like I was going to die out there, that or have to break down and buy a drink. Here's an idea: put huge awnings over the front of the vendors out there, so you can get out of the sun especially if you're buying something (I'm not sure there isn't anything like that, but don't remember any). Also, both GrAdv and SFNE have many "cooling stations" scattered around, despite not being as far south.

Those paths seem really wide in the Gotham City section, I'd love to see them cut circles in some of those larger areas and they could put a tree in the center and either some flowers or bushes around it. They could get medium sized trees like they did with Six Flags New Orleans so they will still provide shade even if they are just planted. It would be aesthetically pleasing and it would provide shade.

When are they going to announce the 2017 Fright Fest mazes? I'm DYING to know.

Hopefully soon . . . I for one wish they'd make the Capital Railway some kind of Haunted Maze/Trail . . . . but my personal favorite from last year was Hall Manor: The Return of Eleanor.

And I noticed that the first weekend for Fright Fest at SFA is September 30/October 1, while the other SF parks have FF starting a week or two earlier. Why so?

Can not wait for Fright Fest only because I can get some decent night rides on Superman. Won't be wasting any money on the mazes but love riding the rides when its not hot.

The mazes may possibly be free like at SFFT and TGE.

Still not wasting my time. They are NOT scary at all. Not gonna waste my time waiting in a line going through a haunted attraction that is not scary. Wasted my time at Six Flags America, Six Flags Great Adventure, Kings Dominion, and Dorney Park hoping one of them would be scary. They send too many people through.

I will stick with places that specialize in haunted attractions like Laurel's House of Horrors, Kim's Krypt, Frightland, Field of Screams (PA one - MD one is terrible), and various others in the MD, PA, VA, DE area.

I just checked the website... The Awakening is back this year. One section of the Fright Fest page says 5 new shows but then at the bottom it reads 4 new shows. Looks like they need to do some updating to the page.

Also, I think its silly they have Mr. Freeze as the first thing I see when I log onto their page and that's not even at our park.

Six Flags does this all the time for this park.

Since people were talking about the old Batman venue... I used to LOVE the Thursday night concert series they did through out the summer about 10 years ago. They would get up and coming artist/Disney Channel/Nickelodeon artist to perform concerts. They would be included with park admission and you could buy a $10 pack of Starburst to sit in the floor section. This was a great way for parents to be able to afford to get their kids to concerts, especially if you had a season pass. I saw Raven Symone, Aly and AJ, Jordan Pruitt (way before her Voice days), Jonas Brothers (before they sky rocketed), Danity Kane, Katherine McPhee and various other artist.

Six Flags does this all the time for this park - the advertising with other parks in it. They have gotten better over the years though. I just thought it was funny that literally the first thing I see is not even at our park.

Since people were talking about the old Batman venue... I used to LOVE the Thursday night concert series they did through out the summer about 10 years ago. They would get up and coming artist/Disney Channel/Nickelodeon artist to perform concerts. They would be included with park admission and you could buy a $10 pack of Starburst to sit in the floor section. This was a great way for parents to be able to afford to get their kids to concerts, especially if you had a season pass. I saw Raven Symone, Aly and AJ, Jordan Pruitt (way before her Voice days), Jonas Brothers (before they sky rocketed), Danity Kane, Katherine McPhee and various other artist.

After some searching I finally found the page where SFA's planing applications are located.

Here's the link: http://mncppcapps.org/planning/permits/permits.aspx?passURL=Yes

The address is 13710 Central Ave.

Their is currently nothing up for next year but it appears that the park applies for a permit the year of the addition instead of the year of the announcement.