TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I've always had a problem with that concrete throughout. I disagree with the building comment though. A great many of those buildings went through a small rehab, with new paint for holiday in the park.

I agree with the walk from Superman to Batwing. One ride in the middle will fix that. Other than that, Gotham is fine, now that WW is there. Filled a big gap.

Shade, you are right. I'm just one who doesn't care about it. I can spend all day in the sun. Yes, a beach guy here.

New ground art.

Wonder Woman is such a great ride. Now there are 3 hero rides (Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman) and 3 villain rides (Joker, Penguin, and Riddler). Wonder if they did that on purpose?

I hope the 2018 addition to SFA is a retheme of Whistlestop to DC Superfriends, it would fit much better with the location.

I used to live in Michigan and my home park was Cedar Point. I moved to the DC metro area 5 years ago. Six Flags America is my home park now. I appreciate the park more and more each year. I think the turning point began last year when Holiday in the park started. Ever since then the park started to click with me more and more. Here's why.

The coasters:

Roar: was re-tracked and riding much better.

Bat wing:is a rare Vekoma Flyer ( I have a love/ hate relationship with) after returning from Magic Mountain last week; I have a new found appreciation for the ride.My new take away It feels like an off spring of X and Tatsu. It's intense and fun.

Jorker's Jinx: what can I say it's a Premier Mad Cobra only 5 or so ever made and 2 of the 5 are enclosed. This ride is completely under rated IMO the pacing is great, the layout completely wack, and the corkscrew and air pop at the end make for a great finally.

Wild One: Awesome Out and Back with lots of airtime the double up and down EPIC!

Superman ROS: 1 of 3 Intamin Hyper in the North America! Enough said!

Ragin Cajun: is a spinning wild mouse that induces laughter

Apocalypse and Mind Eraser are the 2 opportunity coasters. These rides need love.

The Flats:

Big improvement In the last 3 seasons 3 new flats

Wonder Woman completely improved the back half of the park!

Larson Giant Loop and French Quarter Flyers Perfect choices...

All in all this park has lots of opportunities but it has really turned around from the short time I've lived here.

And add a few shade trees .....

New for 2018! Cloyster Woods! Wait a minute all they did was plant some shade trees... NICE!

How about if instead of a path connecting Coyote Creek to Bat Wing they build an underground tunnel? Completely out of the sun. Call it The Bat Cave! Hey this is just a tunnel... NICE!

I visited the park yesterday and while I was riding Wonder Woman, I noticed a few Survey Markers in that area. This could mean this might be the last season for Blizzard River. We may also be seeing the end of Apocalypse's run at SFA. The ride is consistently getting stuck on the lift hill and I'm sure maintainence is getting tired of dealing with it.

I visited the park yesterday and while I was riding Wonder Woman, I noticed a few Survey Markers in that area. This could mean this might be the last season for Blizzard River. We may also be seeing the end of Apocalypse's run at SFA. The ride is consistently getting stuck on the lift hill and I'm sure maintenance is getting tired of dealing with it.

1. Blizzard River is unique . . . . it does get decent ridership in the summer part of the operating season.

1a. Let's assume BR does go away, I could see an Intamin Impluse or a 4D free spin going there.

2. I haven't noticed Apocalypse being stuck much on the lift hill . . . did you actually see it stuck yesterday?

2a. Assuming it's the end of the line for Apocalypse, do they convert it to a floorless coaster (and if so, would the layout have to be changed at all?) or scrap it for something different?

So Apocalypse got stuck on the lift hill a few times and now we're talking about it's impending removal because we think "maintenance is probably tired of dealing with it"?

I'll remember this next time I see enthusiasts making fun of a non enthusiast for freaking out on social media that a ride should be torn down when it stops on the lift hill and someone gets it on video.

How about if instead of a path connecting Coyote Creek to Bat Wing they build an underground tunnel? Completely out of the sun. Call it The Bat Cave! Hey this is just a tunnel... NICE!

Given the reputation of this park's clientele, that sounds like a supremely bad idea.

Given the reputation of this park's clientele, that sounds like a supremely bad idea.

Kinda kidding a bit. I graduated from U Albany in NY and we had a giant tunnel system to get from the dorms to the lecture halls. They were closed when I went there because of the assaults that were committed down there.

I totally believe you. There's a similar tunnel at Missouri State University that is nicknamed "Rape Tunnel." It's actually still fully functional, but the city built a crosswalk with a stoplight because so many students were afraid to use the tunnel. Not making that up.

Kinda kidding a bit. I graduated from U Albany in NY and we had a giant tunnel system to get from the dorms to the lecture halls. They were closed when I went there because of the assaults that were committed down there.

Im glad your kidding.

Six Flags America was downright the cruisiest Six Flags I've ever visited.

I had the pleasure of a short visit at SFA July 30th and I have to say the short time I was there I had a great time. The park was immaculately clean and the ride ops were efficient. This being a Sunday with great weather I was expecting long waits on some of the big rides. Superman and Joker's Jinx were virtual walk-ons. Roar was not operating (was not on my previous visit last year either). Batwing was also down; not sure why. Wonder Woman had a sizeable line but I skipped it since I have a Sky Screamer at my home park. Entrance theming for it was well done.

Food service was fast - used my dining pass and had my food in 5 minutes.

This is an underrated hidden gem of a park. I plan on spending a full day here next summer along with a visit to SFGadv.

I love penguins blizzard river. However, it needs lots of work. The grounds around it need to be weeded, one of the penguins has been removed, all of the holes do not work at the ending water fall part, and a lot of the bumpers have fallen off the ride. Also, I feel like the station could use a face lift. It has shown its age for a while now.

It does get high ridership on hotter days which is great. I feel like the colors do not match the penguin theme. I would rather see dark bold colors like purple, black, and blue. The red and yellow to me do not match the penguin.

Let's keep in mind Six Flags New England has already removed there's to make way for Joker. If this was removed it would open up space for a decent sized coaster. However, this park has SO MUCH space available for rides.