TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

So when I went to the park, I over heard maintenance talk about what the park needs. So i chimed in the conversation, they said they would get rid of some of the older flat rides and that next years addition won't be a coaster, but it could be false. They did say something is getting replaced.

Here are my predictions:

-riddle me this, rodeo, or penguins blizzard river gets replaced

-rmc roar

-Gotham stunt arena gets replaced

However, I wish the v2 rumor was true, but I don't think the park feels the need to add another coaster.

You really talked to those guys?

I'm still hung up on the arena for many reasons. Riddle me this is not leaving (too many people ride it, and the ride itself is reliable), and probably not Rodeo. Blizzard River I can see. RMC, mmm, wouldn't be surprised, but doubt it.

So, I'm still 'guessing' that the arena is going for Justice dark ride; I take what Sally said with a grain of salt.

They remove the zooamazon falls slides, and put a water coaster there.

They'll mess up, and put in a Spinsanity.

So when I went to the park, I over heard maintenance talk about what the park needs. So i chimed in the conversation, they said they would get rid of some of the older flat rides

Since I didn't get the RMC shirt I had some maintenance shirts made up...

I would think maintenance wouldn't care about selling tickets or improving the park but rather getting rid of things that they are sick of working on.

So when I went to the park, I over heard maintenance talk about what the park needs. So i chimed in the conversation, they said they would get rid of some of the older flat rides and that next years addition won't be a coaster, but it could be false. They did say something is getting replaced.

Here are my predictions:

-rmc roar

However, I wish the v2 rumor was true, but I don't think the park feels the need to add another coaster.

I'm still hung up on the arena for many reasons. Riddle me this is not leaving (too many people ride it, and the ride itself is reliable), and probably not Rodeo. Blizzard River I can see. RMC, mmm, wouldn't be surprised, but doubt it.

So, I'm still 'guessing' that the arena is going for Justice dark ride; I take what Sally said with a grain of salt.

I'll take a Spinsanity! Those rides are fun and the closest one to me is at Dollywood I think.

Here are my predictions:

-rmc roar

Yeah I talked to them, they told me something is getting replaced and we'll find out in about 6 weeks. I know many people won't believe me, which is perfectly fine lol.

Here are my predictions:

-rmc roar

I'll take a Spinsanity! Those rides are fun and the closest one to me is at Dollywood I think.

Nope. There is one at Go Carts Plus in Williamsburg.

VR on Mind Eraser again . . . . . what the hey, I'll give it another shot.

And Roar was closed again today, but I could see maintenance trucks and a couple of large dumpsters behind it (a view from WW:LOT), so it could be that they're working on the track.

No stunt shows again today, but I did get an answer (from one of the entertainment ushers) why. The stunt crew has been rehearsing new fight scenes for the show.

Roar was operating today! Although I didn't see any RMC, I did hear two of the ride ops mention the name "Roar Reloaded". I wouldn't get your hopes up, they could have just been joking around as they seemed younger and doubt that they'd have real intel.

Sky Jumper seems to have been down all season, any idea as to why?

Rode Wonder Woman today and it's a great addition to the park. A thrilling attraction that a larger guest like me can fit on! I did see some other "round" guests get turned away, but for me it was easy peasy. Very scary, and the random soundtrack selection is a great touch. Good work Six Flags, especially tying it in with her movie release!

*edit - spelling

Roar was operating today! Although I didn't see any RMC, I did hear two of the ride ops mention the name "Roar Reloaded". I wouldn't get your hopes up, they could have just been joking around as they seemed younger and doubt that they'd have real intel.

Glad to hear! I'm going to be down there next Friday for my first visit, and since Roar is one of four coasters my kid's tall enough to ride, we would have been disappointed if it was still closed.

Also, it's looking like Wild One will most likely be his 100th. Seems appropriate since it's 100 years old, right?

Even in jest . . . "Roar Reloaded" sounds like a good name for an RMC conversion.

Could just as easily be VR. Six Flags could use that as another "first" - VR on a wooden coaster.

"Roar Reloaded", if it's RMC, sounds more like a total topper retrack than an I-Box conversion.

Sky Jumper seems to have been down all season, any idea as to why?

Rode Wonder Woman today and it's a great addition to the park. A thrilling attraction that a larger guest like me can fit on! I did see some other "round" guests get turned away, but for me it was easy peasy. Very scary, and the random soundtrack selection is a great touch. Good work Six Flags, especially tying it in with her movie release!

*edit - spelling

Yeah I wouldn't get your hopes up. They probably referred to loading the trains.

What if SFA is adding V2 AND rmcing roar the same year? That's a lot of wishful thinking, but I think it would bring revenue to the park if they did.

Went to Six Flags yesterday and Roar was open again. It is so smooth compared to the last time I rode it in 2014. It was like as smooth as a baby's bottom.

I really do wonder if we will see an RMC conversion of it though. I really hope so (sorry to those of you who love roar).

At the same time last year, they closed ROAR for a retrack. It was already running good this year again. Looking forward to riding it again this weekend after the work.

I visited Six Flags America on Tuesday for the first time. A couple thoughts.

The park is kind of oddly organized, especially the Gotham City area of the park. The long walk from Superman to Batwing is kind of bizarre. Also, there's an even more than expected lack of shade throughout the park. The water park is certainly alright, but I found it odd (and maybe this is typical everywhere) but the concrete throughout the water park was very unpleasant for the feet in the sun. Finally, I'm sure this is standard fare across Six Flags parks, but it seemed like the advertising for other products was excessive and really annoying. I heard the same Wawa Hoagiefest jingle 40 times that day. The park seemed clean enough, but you could notice that practically every building could use some TLC, with the exception of maybe the front gate. Overall, it was definitely my least favorite Six Flags so far (out of Great Adventure, New England, and Georgia).

As far as the coasters, Superman and Roar stand out, Wild One is passable, and everything else is really meh. I know it doesn't seem likely, but the park really needs a lot of work. Like, it's been 5-6 years since Skull Mountain closed and the drop is still there along with the mountain itself? I find that really odd. It's a shame that ride went, because it looks pretty nice from what I see online. It's just too pricey for what you get. I'm happy to say I went and got the credits and I really did enjoy Roar and Superman, but my trip to Kings Dominion the next day sharpened my opinions even more.

Yeah . . . concrete in the water park on a hot day isn't pleasant at all (and naturally when I went last week, I forgot to pack my water shoes with me).

And I can't figure out why the Skull Mountain drop still remains. It was a good ride (Shoot the Chutes on a larger scale), but I guess it was a pain in the butt to maintain, and it didn't run in colder weather.

And even though it's my home park, it needs major work.