TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

The GP around this park is still concerned more with teens fighting than coasters getting stuck. I really doubt that even 5% would be able to identify which coaster got stuck.

If you say so. I go probably too much...lol..I haven't even seen an argument.

One reader from GAdv said it best. Save for maybe Disney, every park has its riff raff.

Even Disney has riff raff.

The GP around this park is still concerned more with teens fighting than coasters getting stuck. I really doubt that even 5% would be able to identify which coaster got stuck.

One reader from GAdv said it best. Save for maybe Disney, every park has its riff raff.

We're not the GP. I haven't seen any real issues in years and the minor ones I have seen I have simply snapped into school teacher mode and corrected other peoples' kids.

More importantly, Screamscape rumor of SF building two more 4Ds and theorizes a 2 in 3 chance that we get one. It would be awesome, however, I think a hand me down coaster is more likely. We could always repaint and retheme JJ and build the 4D Joker on the path from the Creek to Superman.

We're not the GP. I haven't seen any real issues in years and the minor ones I have seen I have simply snapped into school teacher mode and corrected other peoples' kids.

More importantly, Screamscape rumor of SF building two more 4Ds and theorizes a 2 in 3 chance that we get one. It would be awesome, however, I think a hand me down coaster is more likely. We could always repaint and retheme JJ and build the 4D Joker on the path from the Creek to Superman.

Now if SFA got a 4D . . . paint it red & black and call it "Harley Quinn's Crazy Spin". At least they'd get points for originality/color scheme in theming

Now if SFA got a 4D . . . paint it red & black and call it "Harley Quinn's Crazy Spin". At least they'd get points for originality/color scheme in theming

Or they could think outside the box and call it...

2007281809_TwixtheRide.thumb.png.057ffaea4f549e1f54aa394862cde7e2.png

I really want apocalypse to go but they would be wasting all of that theming. I think it's time for a floorless conversion. That's the only way I'm riding again.

I wish this would have been a bigger hit for the park. They put so much into the themeing. If only they kept up with it. Its the only coaster in the park with a theme that starts from queue to ride to exit. I think a conversion would be great for the park and ride itself. I would assume a conversion would be cheaper then building a totally new coaster.

I really want apocalypse to go but they would be wasting all of that theming. I think it's time for a floorless conversion. That's the only way I'm riding again.

I wish this would have been a bigger hit for the park. They put so much into the themeing. If only they kept up with it. Its the only coaster in the park with a theme that starts from queue to ride to exit. I think a conversion would be great for the park and ride itself. I would assume a conversion would be cheaper then building a totally new coaster.

Now if Apocalypse did get a floorless conversion (and how much $$$ did it cost for the Mantis/Rougarou conversion?), would the ride name stay the same?

If SFA gets an S&S Freespin or a relocated Intamin Impulse I will be more than satisfied with either! I have yet to experience a freespin but I've been on both Possessed and Wicked Twister and they're both great rides.

-I haven't seen the fire/mist effects for apocalypse all year and there is barely a 1 train wait time.

-I think I'd rather have v2 than a 4d free fly. Although I want an original, stand out coaster or a rmc roar, v2 would be a good addition (if it doesn't have a dc comics theme and does not replace anything).

Now if Apocalypse did get a floorless conversion (and how much $$$ did it cost for the Mantis/Rougarou conversion?), would the ride name stay the same?

The subtitle of the ride is "The Last Stand". They could change it to "The Ride" like the coaster of the same name at Magic Mountain.

-I haven't seen the fire/mist effects for apocalypse all year and there is barely a 1 train wait time.

I have seen the effects on at least once; I might ride like once a season.

Anybody out there know who makes that call?

-Is it a button for rides Ops to press?

-Higher ups say to turn them like the decision of how many trains to run?

- Low priority for repair?

In order of likeliness / order of implementation this is what I am hearing from this thread :

1. New trains on MindEraser

2. Hand-me-down V2 (I would propose theming to Aquaman since that movie is out winter 2018)

3. A path connecting the Coyote Creek to Batwing. A bathroom and maybe a tree or two.

4. 4D coaster (I dig the red and black Harley Quinn theming idea)

5. Macho Nacho! (Have to think the Mexican booth is gathering market data)

6. A Spinsanity

7. Convert Apocalypse

8. Battle for Metropolis where the stunt stadium is

9. RMC Roar

10. Replace JJ because at this point it will have stranded more people

Congratulations. We have planned out park improvements for the next ten years. Screw the waterpark. SF can fire the people that make these decisions we figured it out for them.

New trains on Mind Eraser is a definite possibility considering SFNE just got them. I would love to see this happen since it would give them another rideable coaster.

RMC Roar seems like a big investment for this park, and Roar was running really well when I rode it last year.

Floorless Apocalypse seems like something they might do cost-wise, but I don't know why they'd even bother. Would they change the theme and rename like Cedar Fair has with their floorless conversions? I dunno about this one.

I really have serious doubts about Justice League. Great Adventure just opened one and we're really close, not to mention that recent interview with the dude from Sally he said Six Flags was going to pause on these rides for now. If there is anything to this idea that they haven't used that arena or whatever in Gotham because something new is going there, maybe they're tearing it down to put your "new" hand-me-down Intamin impulse there*. Though I think we'd see some sort of construction if they were tearing that down by now.

3. A path connecting the Coyote Creek to Batwing.

This should be last on the list. I know this has been "rumored" for years, but all it ever was is an enthusiast pipe dream that somehow gained traction. The park has no financial incentive to connect these areas unless they put retail along the path. Thats a major expansion for this park.

A bathroom and maybe a tree or two.

Good one.

*my pipe dream

I have to think that with Cedar Point and Disney realizing the whole let's build for youth athletics or competitions, the stadium stays and they ramp up booking events there, or at least utilize it for FF. I agree Battle for Metropolis is a long shot even after the trend has passed, as is the long shot on RMC Roar. The stand up coaster is still a novelty for the GP, so yes, they are down the list. What I really want is a real fantasy of the Great Escape sky ride from CC to BW.

If they expand at all connecting with a path is the direction which increases the developed space in a relatively small park and yes, signals a major expansion. There are already some trees and while bathrooms don't make money the can be effective in moving people in a direction- sometimes with urgency. You build that path and you divert feet and money that way. Exit coasters through the gift shops. Throw a Munchopolis there...

The path idea is out there because it gives them options and there is traction because it does make sense, especially looking at the map. They don't have to do the path in one shot. VR didn't drive the crowds that way but HitP made people remember that that section was there. V2 and expand the Creek theming? JBs smokehouse and/or Macho Nacho makes the dead end a destination and drives those dining pass sales? Use that space for another haunt during FF. Spinsanity or another flat or Catwoman whip the year after a water park add that can run during FF and HitP? Connect and just let us dream about what fills the space that's left and we're in 2023 and I'm like 50 and then getting concerned about the teenagers and how can I retire in Sandusky.

Realistically... we just got WWloT so next year a waterpark thing and the MindEraser trains then the following year drop something like a spinsanity next to WWloT or a well placed V2 between BW and SM still begins the path building the next year.

Middle of the month, so now I get cranking....lol..

1. Just like last year, I believe we are getting a water coaster next year.

2. From one discussion that I had with this lady (VP), that was walking with Rick (Pres.), the Mind Eraser trains. Of course, these will be in addition to the new ride.

3. V2 between SM and BW.

4. Justice League. ONLY because the arena has no scheduled events, and have seen extra cars and equipment there. Never have seen before.

5. A stinkin Spinsanity.

6. 4D...yeah right.

7. Wouldn't be surprised if they upgrade the two kid areas, which are actually in OK shape, but might want to compete with KD's kid's area.

8. A modern Enterprise.

I'll add one more,only because a friend of mine has been saying it. He says he keeps seeing big equipment in the woods by Mind Eraser that can be seen from the SM hills. I've never seen crap, but will look again tomorrow.

I really have serious doubts about Justice League. Great Adventure just opened one and we're really close, not to mention that recent interview with the dude from Sally he said Six Flags was going to pause on these rides for now. If there is anything to this idea that they haven't used that arena or whatever in Gotham because something new is going there, maybe they're tearing it down to put your "new" hand-me-down Intamin impulse there*. Though I think we'd see some sort of construction if they were tearing that down by now.

*my pipe dream

Yup, I saw that too, but on many occasions, they buy rides ahead of time. They could take the pause after 2018. Who knows.

It would take nothing to tear that thing down. I've seen an entire library and surrounding structure pulled down, and ground leveled in one week. A stadium seems easier. Don't know. Probably wouldn't want to cause that big of a mess in the middle of the season.

Now, I agree that this is a long shot! Would have never thought about it if that arena was being used as usual.