TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Assuming that Joker's Jinx does get removed in the future . . . (and also if V2 doesn't come to SFA), what kind of coaster would you like to see?

I don't ask for anything too major to replace Jokers Jinx. A euro fighter type coaster with a unique layout could be really cool, or even a relocated nice B&M coaster from another Six Flags park such as Scream from SFMM will do for me. Jokers Jinx was a slightly above average coaster so I only expect a slightly above average replacement for it, if it does leave SFA. I think that if Scream from SFMM and V2 from SFGAm come to SFA, the park would have a pretty spot on line up and it would really start to compete with neighboring parks again. From there, if the park gains competition, I could even see a giga being added after 7 or 10 years. I think they're testing out how much attendance increases from various relocated coasters before investing in something bright and new.

I'm also curious where Jokers Jinx will go if relocated. The only American Six Flags park I think it would be really helpful to have at is either SFNE or SF the Great Escape (the Great Escape hasn't had a new coaster in ages, so Jokers Jinx would do wonderful there). I could totally see Six Flags Mexico or La Ronde getting it as well.

Me personally . . . I'd like to see another launcher from Premier Rides (and I'm biased because Premier Rides is a Baltimore based company ) . . . either an LSM or a Sky Rocket II model.

Yeah, I love premier launchers, but I don't see one replacing Jokers Jinx

Why do people suddenly want to replace Jokers Jinx? That ride is awesome. And the park has plenty of room to add stuff without removing things.

Agreed. Jokers Jinx was a heck of a lot of fun when I was at the park!! A nice forceful launch, followed by a decently forceful, and some what long ride time. I mean, honestly, do we really think this ride will be leaving anytime soon?? Or is this more along the lines of "One person said it, so now everyone is going along with it?"

I think its because Joker's Jinx has had the most problems mechanically over the past few years.
Batwing or Mind Eraser for sure have had a plethora of mechanical problems. Neither ride is open 40% of the time I visit. Jokers Jinx just happened to have a more unfortunate problem that the news picked up.

I don't see Joker's Jinx going anywhere. It just needs a paint job. The last group of stranded riders was due to a broken wheel and the coaster shut down like it should. It's a good coaster I that I reride before stepping foot on Apocalypse or MindEraser once. If it did go it wouldn't go to Great Escape because it is not a 48" coaster and would not fit where a ride is needed back by Comet. If there is a ride exchange it would be SFA getting the infamous SkyRide from Great Escape.

I mean really. If people really want to replace stuff, there are plenty of other sh*tty coasters at this park.

Agreed, except for the 'plenty '.Do not know why folks are on the get rid JJ bandwagon. Let's talk about ridding ourselves of Apocalypse. I like everything else. Lol, even Mind Eraser.

I mean really. If people really want to replace stuff, there are plenty of other sh*tty coasters at this park.

Agreed, except for the 'plenty '.Do not know why folks are on the get rid JJ bandwagon. Let's talk about ridding ourselves of Apocalypse. I like everything else. Lol, even Mind Eraser.

Maybe they'll convert Apocalypse to a floorless?

It's more likely that SFA gets Dragon Challenge from Islands of Adventure than Apocalypse getting the floorless treatment.

It's more likely that SFA gets Dragon Challenge from Islands of Adventure than Apocalypse getting the floorless treatment.

Why?

Why do people suddenly want to replace Jokers Jinx? That ride is awesome. And the park has plenty of room to add stuff without removing things.

Nobody WANTS to see Jokers Jinx leave the park obviously, but knowing how amusement parks generally respond to rides that have an awful public image as the result of an over exaggerating media (even the Two-Face accident wasn't as bad as the media made it sound), I predict that Jokers Jinx won't remain at Six Flags for much longer. Hopefully I am wrong, but after being a roller coaster enthusiast and observing patterns for 10 years, the ones with bad media coverage tend to leave their parks. I really wish if Apocalypse would leave. That coaster sucks lol.

Nobody WANTS to see Jokers Jinx leave the park obviously, but knowing how amusement parks generally respond to rides that have an awful public image as the result of an over exaggerating media (even the Two-Face accident wasn't as bad as the media made it sound), I predict that Jokers Jinx won't remain at Six Flags for much longer....

Okay... I hate to be that guy, but I'm going to be that guy... Let's go to the EXTREME here, but according to that logic, New Texas Giant would be gone.

That made national news and was on seemingly every major, and minor media outlet yet New Texas Giant survived.

Nobody WANTS to see Jokers Jinx leave the park obviously, but knowing how amusement parks generally respond to rides that have an awful public image as the result of an over exaggerating media (even the Two-Face accident wasn't as bad as the media made it sound), I predict that Jokers Jinx won't remain at Six Flags for much longer....

Okay... I hate to be that guy, but I'm going to be that guy... Let's go to the EXTREME here, but according to that logic, New Texas Giant would be gone.

That made national news and was on seemingly every major, and minor media outlet yet New Texas Giant survived.

It didn't happen twice.

...It didn't happen twice.

Correct.

But don't we think it is a little much to say "Oh, hey... This roller coaster 'got stuck'... Twice... So, time for the park to remove it." I mean, think of all the other coasters that have gotten "stuck" more than once, and they are still up and running. . .

All I have to say, is that I think it's really extreme to say the park is going to remove a roller coaster because it got stuck twice. Unless I'm missing something here.

^ Agreed. Frontier City has had to call out the fire department to evac Silver Bullet twice this year, and it's still going. It takes more than that to remove a ride. Now, if people start avoiding the park because of Joker's Jinx's unreliability, that's a real reason to remove it, but I don't see that happening in any significant numbers.

That's because the media made it clear that a woman fell off the Texas Giant because she was too obese for the restraint system and not because of the ride itself

Having a ride being stuck because of a chipped tire or because of debris on the track makes it sounds like it's the rides fault, and thus more sketchy. Jokers Jinx has a less trustable reputation among GP, and according to my friend who works there, it has noticeably lower ridership since opening again after the accident.

Invertigo at CGA only got stuck one time for a few hours, yet even that caused its removal from the park a year later (because of bad media press). Jokers Jinx stranded riders for several hours twice in the last three years and recieved a lot of negative media coverage (especially in 2017). As much as I hope I'm wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if Jokers Jinx will be removed from SFA in the near future.

Am I saying that it 100% will be removed? Nope. But is it likely to be removed? Maybe, especially knowing how Cedar Fair and Six Flags respond to incidents like this.

Edited by ArundelHigh Coasters

The GP around this park is still concerned more with teens fighting than coasters getting stuck. I really doubt that even 5% would be able to identify which coaster got stuck.

If you say so. I go probably too much...lol..I haven't even seen an argument.

One reader from GAdv said it best. Save for maybe Disney, every park has its riff raff.