TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I usually do not get in on the new ride discussion until the middle of July, or until there is a teaser/clue. I have to say something now though.

For the last year, I just knew that SFA would be getting a water coaster for 2018. I was really hoping too. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love water parks. As of today, my crap prediction has changed. With HITP here now, I thought that plans might change to add another attraction to be able to add to the event. I believe that a Justice League is coming.

Every year since I've been coming here (2012), there have been 4 or 5 events, or more, in the arena. This summer-fall, there are none planned. Any thing that needs a stage is being held at the water park stage. I will be taking a closer look at the Batman props this weekend to look for any dismantling. A Justice League would look great right there, as there are two entrances to Gotham that would head straight towards it.

I know what someone is thinking: Gotham is closed for HITP. That's irrelevant, as the stage is right at the entrance of Gotham. People would flock to it in the cold too.

Of course, all of this talk of JL, water coasters, and V2 could go right down the toilet, as we get butt hurt from getting a Spinsanity.

I think it would be pretty strange for SF (tho they definitely do weird stuff so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) if they built another JLBFM a year after they went in @ SFGAdv and SFOG. Aren't they the two closest SF parks to SFA?

I dunno, I want every park to get more Intamin so I was totally content with the Impulse-from-Great America rumor.

I think it would be pretty strange for SF (tho they definitely do weird stuff so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) if they built another JLBFM a year after they went in @ SFGAdv and SFOG. Aren't they the two closest SF parks to SFA?

I dunno, I want every park to get more Intamin so I was totally content with the Impulse-from-Great America rumor.

SFNE is closer than SFOG but I see your point. However most attendees of SFA probably don't know there are other Six Flags parks or care to go out of their way to visit them.

Also let's be real - that's a HUGE investment for this park, whereas a small shuttle coaster relocation seems much more realistic, especially one from Great America.

Also let's be real - that's a HUGE investment for this park, whereas a small shuttle coaster relocation seems much more realistic, especially one from Great America.

I feel like we would've heard something about V2's closure.

Yes, I hear you. SFOG is kinda out of range though: 10+ hours. GAdv is another story. It's relatively close. Still, you'd be surprised about how many have not been there. I've been riding for years, coast to coast, and in a couple of other countries. My first trip there was the first year of HITP...lol

Looking forward to going back this year.

I'd be happy with either 3.

This is true, and agree. Though, I've seen way bigger crowds than normal the last 2 years. You never know. Honestly, if we do not get a Spinsanity, I'll be good...lol

I'd consider trees a huge investment.

I was waiting for either the trees or bathroom comment. Came a little later than I thought....lol..

If it wasn't for zero shows in that arena this year, I wouldn't have even thought about JL.

I'm still waiting for the comment: No, there have been times where there were no shows scheduled. Lol, nope. They have always had events since I've been going three in '12. I go all of the freaking time.

I was waiting for either the trees or bathroom comment. Came a little later than I thought....lol..

If it wasn't for zero shows in that arena this year, I wouldn't have even thought about JL.

I'm still waiting for the comment: No, there have been times where there were no shows scheduled. Lol, nope. They have always had events since I've been going three in '12. I go all of the freaking time.

I visited the park on June 11th. It was mid 90's that day. I had read the comments about the lack of shade. It totally lives up to that reputation. They put zero effort into shade structure. Thank goodness, every thing was walk on or a two train wait, one could literally bake. All the misting fans at the spinning wild mouse would be good for is just basting you while in the oven.

I feel like we would've heard something about V2's closure.

They announced Ragin' Cajun's closure on the last day of operation in 2013 (Even though it was extremely obvious by that point that it was being removed) so it's possible an announcement is still to come. I personally don't think it's going to be removed but then again I've been wrong about all of SFGAm's additions/removals every year so you never know.

I remember last year at the Batman stunt arena, they had the Mr. America bodybuilding/fitness competitions . . . as well as the BMX show (July and October).

And in May, they had a cheer/dance competition in the arena.

edit: I've enjoyed Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth so far . . . . . I like getting a great view of the park . . . as well as the upper decks of FedEx field. Only wish we could see the ruins of Hall Manor (damn trees in the way )

Edited by Jason Maier

I remember last year at the Batman stunt arena, they had the Mr. America bodybuilding/fitness competitions . . . as well as the BMX show (July and October).

And in May, they had a cheer/dance competition in the arena.

edit: I've enjoyed Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth so far . . . . . I like getting a great view of the park . . . as well as the upper decks of FedEx field. Only wish we could see the ruins of Hall Manor (damn trees in the way )

Yes, the trees really crowd it out. Maybe we'll see it in the fall.

I visited the park for the first time since 2014 the other week. I stopped going to the park after being a passholder since 2006 because I thought it was going downhill and getting lame. But to my surprise, the park has improved a lot since 2014, and the increase in crowds really show it.

I think that they have done a really good job by filling in holes that removed flat rides and Two-Face left at the park between 2003-2009. I remember SFA used to have rides like the Octopus, Alpine Bobs, Iron Eagle, and two other flats that were removed but not replaced during that time frame. They did a good job by adding in the new Wonder Woman swing set, Fireball, and French Quarter flyers. I think that they spent the last 5 years trying to fix what they have, and the mess that Shapiro made. SFA is a pretty decent park now, and in the future, it has the potential to be on par with Carowinds if things go well. The new CEO seems to want to show more love to this park than past CEOs have.

One sad thing I think will happen in the future is that Jokers Jinx is likely to be removed from the park after making headlines twice in 3 years. Two-Face was removed from the park after receiving the same kind of treatment from the media, and Invertigo at Great America was also removed a season after receiving media attention for being stuck, so the same is bound to happen to Jokers Jinx in the near future. The only difference is that this time, I think Six Flags won't sell Jokers Jinx (like they did with Two-Face), but will instead move it to another park in the chain (maybe Six Flags La Ronde, Mexico, or New England).

I am excited for the rumors of V2 coming to SFA. I love inverted impulse coasters, so having one at my home Park would be pretty sweet. However, I feel bad for SFGAm go'ers who seem to be saddened by its possible removal.

I could see SFA adding a new major coaster within the next 4 to 10 years, especially if we do see Jokers Jinx leave.

Assuming that Joker's Jinx does get removed in the future . . . (and also if V2 doesn't come to SFA), what kind of coaster would you like to see?

Me personally . . . I'd like to see another launcher from Premier Rides (and I'm biased because Premier Rides is a Baltimore based company ) . . . either an LSM or a Sky Rocket II model.

If not that, perhaps a Dive Coaster . . . D3 (District Drop of Doom)

Assuming that Joker's Jinx does get removed in the future . . . (and also if V2 doesn't come to SFA), what kind of coaster would you like to see?

Me personally . . . I'd like to see another launcher from Premier Rides (and I'm biased because Premier Rides is a Baltimore based company ) . . . either an LSM or a Sky Rocket II model.

A Dive Coaster, a real one by B&M is totally unrealistic for SFA and in fact for any SF park b/c of their capital investment formula. Now if you consider the concept thing S&S put out a dive, than SF could buy that as S&S markets/builds towards the inexpensive end. IMO, what SF should possibly be looking it is the new Vekoma Blitz coaster, like Lech. Compact, looks good and inexpensive.

So you would like to remove a launcher from Premier Rides and replace it with a launcher from Premier Rides?

I highly doubt that happening.