TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

20170429_122120.thumb.jpg.3fc901e5249716f40aad82a4b2bfdf1a.jpg

WWLOT is showing some progress. Mid-May? Hmmmmmmm.

Had a glitch with my pass parking and some dining plan issues. Hit guest services inside the park, forget trying to use the window and speaker outside. There were phone calls and emails, frustrating but problem solved. Make purchases online, they can find records easier.

Food service still running slow. Saw a women melt down because the Gotham food stalls were out of the season beverage cups and lids for cups.

On a plus many rides were running multiple trains right at opening anticipation of crowds later in the day because of the sun. WO is indeed announcing, "You have 30 seconds to board." WO now has 12 flags on the peak of the lift hill. That's right, 12 flags, that's like double Six Flags. Many flowers planted with rabbit nets... Look out Disney and Busch Gardens- SF is stepping up the landscaping and theming!

Had a good few hours at the park today. I do have a new found liking for the park. I feel like the park gets a lot of unnecessary hate. That being said... the park does have some weird polices. For instance...

Apparently the park doesn't mind you recording/taking photos on rides?? There were multiple times I saw people recording while loading, and even the ride operators jumped in their videos like "Haaayyy!!!" and let them keep recording as they dispatched, and as the trains came back... WTF?? This is a new policy to me.

At 5pm there was this annoucnment throughout the park that said "Attention guest. The time is now 5pm, and Six Flags America is closed for the day. We hope you had a Six Flags Day, and look forward to thrilling you again soon." --- Then a few minutes later another park announcement came on and said "Please ignore that dat announcement de park be open till 8paaaaaammmm tddaaay." . . . Then at 6:45ish I was walking the path back to Batwing when a security officer comes running up from behind me screaming "SIR! WHERE YOU THANK YOU BE GOIN??" So, I said "Batwing?" And said security officer said "Oh, no you aint. It's 6:45, they done be klased. The park be closing at 7 tonight. All de rides alllraaady klosed." . . . Really weird. I mean, if the park had been busy, sure. But everything had been a walk on all day. I really didn't see a need for closing the lines early. Oh well. Now I know.

Anyway, had a great visit, was only in the park for 2-1/2 hours, and got in all the major credits, and 3 rides on Superman. (More detailed report coming in my separate thread.)

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Not the best picture which is why I didn't post it and I got tired of waiting to get both trains in the shot.

I really wanted to snap a picture at the top of the hill but phones out on rides drives me crazy. Parks put out high quality POVs or give permission for it, no need for somebody to lose their phone and hit someone with it.

Pictures with ride ops??? I did see more phones out on rides but didn't see any pictures with ride ops. I could imagine it happening. They tell the workers to have fun with the riders and that would be what you are telling a younger worker. An older folk like me would be uneasy because of the seriousness of the job.

We had a trainee on VooDoo that I hope doesn't stay on. Thankfully her trainer caught the unlatched belt before took off. She was also unaware of what she was being told about scanning before launch. I have tried to high five the operator on WO twice this season leaving the station but have received a "can't do it head shake." We were held up at the brakes Saturday on that ride while a nose bleed was cleaned up in the other train. Handled well. The WO crew seems to be the A team.

The girl that has been running the flyers is pretty good too. I'm practicing for Knoebels.

20170429_110824.thumb.jpg.7e5954c51d20b04b78f124b65b59ccd6.jpg

Had a good few hours at the park today. I do have a new found liking for the park. I feel like the park gets a lot of unnecessary hate. That being said... the park does have some weird polices. For instance...

Apparently the park doesn't mind you recording/taking photos on rides?? There were multiple times I saw people recording while loading, and even the ride operators jumped in their videos like "Haaayyy!!!" and let them keep recording as they dispatched, and as the trains came back... WTF?? This is a new policy to me.

At 5pm there was this annoucnment throughout the park that said "Attention guest. The time is now 5pm, and Six Flags America is closed for the day. We hope you had a Six Flags Day, and look forward to thrilling you again soon." --- Then a few minutes later another park announcement came on and said "Please ignore that dat announcement de park be open till 8paaaaaammmm tddaaay." . . . Then at 6:45ish I was walking the path back to Batwing when a security officer comes running up from behind me screaming "SIR! WHERE YOU THANK YOU BE GOIN??" So, I said "Batwing?" And said security officer said "Oh, no you aint. It's 6:45, they done be ckosed. The park be closing at 7 tonight. All de rides alllraaady klosed." . . . Really weird. I mean, if the park had been busy, sure. But everything had been a walk on all day. I really didn't see a need for closing the lines early. Oh well. Now I know.

Anyway, had a great visit, was only in the park for 2-1/2 hours, and got in all the major credits, and 3 rides on Superman. (More detailed report coming in my separate thread.)

Lol,..Wild One, RC, Batwing, and Superman were no where near walk one. Trust me on that. The Rapids, Penguin, drop tower, Fireball, the boat, and Mind Eraser had enormous lines on Sat.

Not the best picture which is why I didn't post it and I got tired of waiting to get both trains in the shot.

I really wanted to snap a picture at the top of the hill but phones out on rides drives me crazy. Parks put out high quality POVs or give permission for it, no need for somebody to lose their phone and hit someone with it.

Pictures with ride ops??? I did see more phones out on rides but didn't see any pictures with ride ops. I could imagine it happening. They tell the workers to have fun with the riders and that would be what you are telling a younger worker. An older folk like me would be uneasy because of the seriousness of the job.

We had a trainee on VooDoo that I hope doesn't stay on. Thankfully her trainer caught the unlatched belt before took off. She was also unaware of what she was being told about scanning before launch. I have tried to high five the operator on WO twice this season leaving the station but have received a "can't do it head shake." We were held up at the brakes Saturday on that ride while a nose bleed was cleaned up in the other train. Handled well. The WO crew seems to be the A team.

The girl that has been running the flyers is pretty good too. I'm practicing for Knoebels.

Agreed! There has been an A team on Wild One all season thus far. Jenna is the lady who runs the flyers. She is awesome and quick. Will be mentioning on the survey.

Didn't get to the park, but I think everyone should know about....

The longest escalators in the Western hemisphere! They're off the Wheaton Red Line stop and yeah, comically long. If you're in the area check em out.

20170428_104825.thumb.jpg.8c66cba4d8078445cba67b32c617a187.jpg

Lol,..Wild One, RC, Batwing, and Superman were no where near walk one. Trust me on that.

The 4 times I rode Wild One, it was MAYBE a one train wait each time.

Superman was a walk on the entire time I was in the park. Usually a 0-1 train wait.

Ragin Cajun actually did have a decent line the majority of the day, but no loss to me. I'm not a big fan of spin-n-puke coasters.

When I did try to ride Batwing it had just broken down... But later after Batwing had re-opened I was on the last train out on Superman. Looked over and saw Batwing cycling with only 2 ride operators on the train. So it couldn't have been that busy, or they wouldn't have had the line cleared out by 7:00.

The Rapids, Penguin, drop tower, Fireball, the boat, and Mind Eraser had enormous lines on Sat.

Voodoo Drop was a walk on the entire time I was in the park. Of the 6 times I rode it, I never had to wait more than one ride cycle (if that.)

Aside from Ragin Cajun, the water rides (which of course are going to have longer lines given how hot it was...) and the fact that Mind Eraser has that stupid VR crap going on which causes awfully long lines... While I was in the park everything else was basically a walk on. Trust me on that.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

The longest escalators in the Western hemisphere! They're off the Wheaton Red Line stop and yeah, comically long. If you're in the area check em out.

Forget SFA, I'm going to Escalator Land!

ThatOldBlackMagic350.jpg.4fefd4fb45356c62aeabcc5923547ea9.jpg

I missed the one at Wheaton, but I do frequent the one in Bethesda each year we are here... It too is comically long:

20160430_162006.thumb.jpg.3c8f0f58aee4b03284b3a7e9753ebe8f.jpg

(^ My photo. V Not my photo)

Granted it's not as long as the 230ft one at Wheaton... It does still come in at 212ft long, which is massive!! They really are freaking HUGE!!!

Lol,..Wild One, RC, Batwing, and Superman were no where near walk one. Trust me on that.

The 4 times I rode Wild One, it was MAYBE a one train wait each time.

Superman was a walk on the entire time I was in the park. Usually a 0-1 train wait.

Ragin Cajun actually did have a decent line the majority of the day, but no loss to me. I'm not a big fan of spin-n-puke coasters.

When I did try to ride Batwing it had just broken down... But later after Batwing had re-opened I was on the last train out on Superman. Looked over and saw Batwing cycling with only 2 ride operators on the train. So it couldn't have been that busy, or they wouldn't have had the line cleared out by 7:00.

The Rapids, Penguin, drop tower, Fireball, the boat, and Mind Eraser had enormous lines on Sat.

Voodoo Drop was a walk on the entire time I was in the park. Of the 6 times I rode it, I never had to wait more than one ride cycle (if that.)

Aside from Ragin Cajun, the water rides (which of course are going to have longer lines given how hot it was...) and the fact that Mind Eraser has that stupid VR crap going on which causes awfully long lines... While I was in the park everything else was basically a walk on. Trust me on that.

You got lucky. Trust me. Wild One's line was in the third row of the queue. Both times. Suoerman, down the stairs. Batwing down the stairs. Drop tower, about a 7 cycle wait. Just saying 'everything' was not a 'walk on'....for me. I was there between 1:50-6:45. My daughter was waiting in line when Batwing broke down with people stuck in the down position. Before it broke, I had time to wait in a food line (lol,. u all can figure out how long that probably was), and she still hadn't gotten on.

You got lucky. Trust me. Wild One's line was in the third row of the queue. Both times. Suoerman, down the stairs. Batwing down the stairs. Drop tower, about a 7 cycle wait. Just saying 'everything' was not a 'walk on'....for me. I was there between 1:50-6:45. My daughter was waiting in line when Batwing broke down with people stuck in the down position. Before it broke, I had time to wait in a food line (lol,. u all can figure out how long that probably was), and she still hadn't gotten on.

See this is just it. Superman to the bottom of the stairs is like a 3-4 train wait. Maybe not even that long. Wild One into only three of those switchbacks? 10 minutes or less. That's a walk on to someone that is used to waiting 30-60 minutes for their parks more popular rides.

We went to the park over the weekend for a quick visit and some notes:

- Wonder Woman still has a fair bit of work left and the pieces are all over the place

- The wait times for Mind Eraser with VR was insane. It was running 1 train and looked like only people in the back half of the train were wearing the helmets.

- The new Coaster Candy store up front is a nice addition

- So glad VR is off superman and dispatches were pretty good. There was only a line for the front row and the ride was a walk on

You can see all of that in our video recap of our visit here.

See this is just it. Superman to the bottom of the stairs is like a 3-4 train wait. Maybe not even that long. Wild One into only three of those switchbacks? 10 minutes or less. That's a walk on to someone that is used to waiting 30-60 minutes for their parks more popular rides.

If you can get into a stall, maybe not your favorite slot, on the next train I say walk on.

Last 3rd of July Rebel Yell at KD was walk on. On the 4th Griffon was walk on. Meaning I rerode until my cardio gave out because of riding and sprinting back, riding and then jogging, then riding and fast walking, then riding and then one... more... one ..more... Reriding then... "Go on without Daddy, I'll skip this one."

Ok, I understand that logic. The wait was about 20 for both of those mentioned. Batwing about 30.

Ok, I understand that logic. The wait was about 20 for both of those mentioned. Batwing about 30.

Batwing has a 30 minute wait when there's five people in line.