TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Livai, have you even been to the park before?

Don't let a few negative people form your opinion on a park you haven't been to. The park is not bad depending on the time of year you are going. During Spring and Fall the employees are generally different people from during the summer. And the clientele isn't bad except for fright fest. The only bad thing about this park is Mind Eraser and maybe the lack of big flat rides like a top spin or giant discovery.

visited on opening day! Parking lot was crowded but inside of park was not. Less than 10 minute waits for every ride. They've blocked the pathway to Superman so you have to cut through Whistlestop. Wild One was running great for a 100 year old ride, loved the decals on the trains.

Also seems like there are less food choices for the dining plan this year! I wish the mexican place was on it.

visited on opening day! Parking lot was crowded but inside of park was not. Less than 10 minute waits for every ride. They've blocked the pathway to Superman so you have to cut through Whistlestop. Wild One was running great for a 100 year old ride, loved the decals on the trains.

Also seems like there are less food choices for the dining plan this year! I wish the mexican place was on it.

I think they lessened the food choices to quicken the lines. It did not work...lol

These LIMs always get stuck. The same thing happened to the former Chiller at Great Adventure back in 2004. The situation was worse there. I think Six Flags will remove Jokers Jinx in the near future.

Does Poltergeist ever have issues?? I know both of the Mr.Freezes had issues in the beginning, but aren't LIMs pretty reliable in general??

Lot looked pretty full today by time left around 4, but the park itself did not seem crowded, weird with the water park not open. Lines didn't get longer until about 2 PM and they put second trains on WIld One and Apocalypse when the ques started to fill which was nice to them responsive. Many rerides and I agree the decals look sharp.

VR was not running on Mind Eraser.

Finding a place to eat with the dining plan was irritating. Half of the places were closed. My daughter wanted a burger and both grills were closed and Rockets isn't on the plan. WTF? No burgers and no tacos!

These LIMs always get stuck. The same thing happened to the former Chiller at Great Adventure back in 2004. The situation was worse there. I think Six Flags will remove Jokers Jinx in the near future.

I remember back in 2014 JJ also got stuck . . . . but overall, why has JJ fared better than it's ill fated (but awesome in theory) former LIM comrade in coaster Batman & Robin: The Chiller?

And if they do remove JJ, what would go in it's place? A boomerang coaster or something along the lines of V2?

I remember back in 2014 JJ also got stuck . . . . but overall, why has JJ fared better than it's ill fated (but awesome in theory) former LIM comrade in coaster Batman & Robin: The Chiller?

And if they do remove JJ, what would go in it's place? A boomerang coaster or something along the lines of V2?

Something like V2 would really shine at the park I think. Great America has so many outstanding coasters V2 is sort of underrated, kind of like Wicked Twister seems to be at CP.

The local news has been covering this nonstop for quite some time now and acting like it's a high rise fire. "The children will be first to be rescued" ... "Their parents must be scared to death"... and my favorite was them bringing in a weatherman and saying that with the sun going down it's going to get cold and none of them are wearing jackets