TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

[attachment=0]terrortoyshop-16_2.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]terrortoyshop-20.jpg[/attachment]
Oh man, that actually sounds kind of awesome!

Judging from last year's pictures, It DOES!

They had this last year. It was actually super creepy in there. Remember, The Haunting of Eleanor attraction is the best. Going through pitch black woods? Nothing like it.

I like the haunting of hall manor maze, but I wish they would bring the train back. The clown themed "circus of lost souls" maze from 2010 was better than everything currently there. I have yet been through spider outbreak or aftermath, but I did not have a good experience in voodoo curse, barely any scare actors, and having a maze on the park's path always fails, even the free bridge of terror maze was better.

Although Two face had many issues, I still miss walking to southwest territory (now Mardi Gras) and seeing it. I wish SFA would've kept it and skull mountain, arguably one of the best water rides in the region.

I agree with the Skull Mountain statement.

Its better than the hot pile of garbage Apocalypse in its location.

Did anyone else see an article that the park was evacuated yesterday afternoon due to a call in threat? I do t know which is worse, the threat, or the article said there were 3000 people evacuated which seems awfully low for a Saturday afternoon!

Did anyone else see an article that the park was evacuated yesterday afternoon due to a call in threat? I do t know which is worse, the threat, or the article said there were 3000 people evacuated which seems awfully low for a Saturday afternoon!

Link?

I was there a week ago today (Labor Day) and the place was more or less dead.

the park was closed for a private event yesterday

The news reporting was horrible for this story.

One article said the park was closed that day for a private event

Another article said the park was about to close for the day for a private event

Another article said patrons were being moved outside the park for an unspecified event

Do you think minderaser should receive the great nor'easter coaster treatment and get it's track replaced to enhance the coaster and make it smoother, or is it not worth saving?

After riding Batman again (bringing my count on it from 2 to 7) I still think the SLC is the more intense layout and 2 wide cars have at least as many good seats. But the cars have a side-side resonance frequency and the weird restraints hurt my shoulders, so the intensity is a disadvantage. I don't know if retracking is needed but I'd sure like to try better trains/restraints. OTOH it's already over 20 years old and the Morey's version has a far better setting and is as ambitious a ride that anyone would care to try operate in that location.

Do you think minderaser should receive the great nor'easter coaster treatment and get it's track replaced to enhance the coaster and make it smoother, or is it not worth saving?

Somebody needs to do something.

I'm sorry but this is a stupid question, considering we don't know what the treatment is and what the result will be.

Hey, I have an idea! Let's put an inversion on every wooden coaster because it happened to "Hades".

Somebody needs to do something.

I'm sorry but this is a stupid question, considering we don't know what the treatment is and what the result will be.

Hey, I have an idea! Let's put an inversion on every wooden coaster because it happened to "Hades".

You tried it... Anyways, this is kind of similar to how some parks are converting their OTSR to the vest style ones, like on i305, maverick, stormrunner & etc. So it's a possibility that in the near future all slcs can receive some kind of upgrade, such as all of the premier launch coasters receiving lap bars. Is my question still stupid? Lol