TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

2017 should be a good year, especially if wild one's 100th birthday is acknowledged.

Sorry I'm late, but

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

I'd be surprised if they even put up a banner at the coasters entrance

I think they will do something for Wild One next season.

Maybe not something to the ride itself but a banner or decoration for sure.

When I was there on Sunday it did seem to have its fair share of problems though. It closed and reopened with test runs on two occasions during the day. Any reason why?

I think they will do something for Wild One next season.

Maybe not something to the ride itself but a banner or decoration for sure.

When I was there on Sunday it did seem to have its fair share of problems though. It closed and reopened with test runs on two occasions during the day. Any reason why?

Nope. Actually, it usually runs pretty good.

2017 should be a good year, especially if wild one's 100th birthday is acknowledged.

Sorry I'm late, but

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

I'd be surprised if they even put up a banner at the coasters entrance

They actually have a sign already. Let me check my photos. Think I still have it.

This park still is trash. Only live 20min away and rather travel to HP Or KD. Its only known for there water park

About 1/3 of your total posts have been spent stating that Six Flags America sucks. While you're entirely right, what does this add to the conversation exactly?

To be fair as bad as this park is they're slowly heading in the right direction. The new area looks really nice, the new addition for 2016 is solid and Holiday in the Park is an amazing event. If I'm in the area I might actually stop by for HITP.

This park still is trash. Only live 20min away and rather travel to HP Or KD. Its only known for there water park

About 1/3 of your total posts have been spent stating that Six Flags America sucks. While you're entirely right, what does this add to the conversation exactly?

To be fair as bad as this park is they're slowly heading in the right direction. The new area looks really nice, the new addition for 2016 is solid and Holiday in the Park is an amazing event. If I'm in the area I might actually stop by for HITP.

Later when I post the next part of my report, I was gonna say that as for much crap this place catches it was actually quite pleasent while I was there. There was actually some decent landscaping. The operations have a long way to go cause they're god awful but besides that I had a fun day.

The front of the park is relatively nice. The back is an absolute cesspool and operations are horrendous but the park is making incremental improvements. I think this park will always suck, but at least it's slowly getting a little better and that's the best anyone can reasonably ask for at this point.

SFA's possible 5 year plan

2017-Wonder Woman-lasso of truth

2018- Water coaster(similar to fiesta Texas)

2019-kids area upgrade/expansion

2020- rmc or a new flat ride

I was actually surprised that Roar didn't get the same RMC treatment for 2017 as its counterpart out West. It's more than a little disappointing that SF is taking a year off from RMC and that we haven't heard of any RMC projects for 2017. (Although I am betting that Mean Streak at CP gets RMC'd.) Still, I have to think that a RMC conversion of SFA's Roar is going to happen in the next few years. There should be a lot of cost savings since all of the design work is already done, so it's just labor and materials costs. RMC Roar would really give SFA another signature attraction, plus it would be only the 2nd RMC on the East Coast.

It wasn't to add to the conversation. I was just stating my opinion. I feel they can add better things to this park. This park is in your nations capital and it ran like this

Anyone know (definitively) if Six Flags America is working with an outside contractor for Holiday in the Park and, if so, who? I know SFA has worked a LOT with Little Spider Creations for a lot of their recent Fright Fest props/haunts and I know several Six Flags Parks (including Great Adventure) have worked with Oak Island Creative for their Holiday in the Park decorations. I only ask because I know some of these groups will post images of what they're working on on their FaceBook pages and I love having the sneak peak.

Really hoping once Fright Fest kicks into gear that they will start putting out more information on their HITP offerings (like what rides will be open, special shows, possibly a map for the event showing the theming for each section...)

Likely just a coincidence, Six Flags does not put that type of thought into placement of their rides. At least all of SFA's DC comics rides are all actually in Gotham, unlike Great Adv where they are scattered in every area/corner of the park.

Likely just a coincidence, Six Flags does not put that type of thought into placement of their rides. At least all of SFA's DC comics rides are all actually in Gotham, unlike Great Adv where they are scattered in every area/corner of the park.

True, plus Two-Face used to be in the Old West section of the park as well.

You're talking to someone who thinks Green Lantern at Great Adventure is well themed. Please don't crush his spirit, let Six Flags America do that naturally over time.

Anyone know (definitively) if Six Flags America is working with an outside contractor for Holiday in the Park and, if so, who? I know SFA has worked a LOT with Little Spider Creations for a lot of their recent Fright Fest props/haunts and I know several Six Flags Parks (including Great Adventure) have worked with Oak Island Creative for their Holiday in the Park decorations. I only ask because I know some of these groups will post images of what they're working on on their FaceBook pages and I love having the sneak peak.

Really hoping once Fright Fest kicks into gear that they will start putting out more information on their HITP offerings (like what rides will be open, special shows, possibly a map for the event showing the theming for each section...)

Whoever it is has already started.