TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I kinda liked Wild One but its too rough, dont know if I would reride it. Maybe I would have a better impression of it if it wasnt in such a terrible park.

I can't believe you don't think SFA is ascetically pleasing. Are you saying you don't like 6+ coasters in a field of weeds next to each other?!

Yup. Me and another guy were talking. We think that 'part' of the 100th birthday will be having Wild One be the only wooden (full) coaster there. Lol,.or Roar may be closed because of some legitimate maintenance issue.

I am leaning towards just a maintenance issue. I don't want to get my hopes up with a RMC Roar.

How mad would everyone be if they RMCed Wild One ?

Am I the only one who doesn't get the hype for Wild One? It's a fun coaster with some fun airtime, but I've been on much better wooden coasters. I would rank it equally with any other "classic" woodie like the one at Lagoon, Comet at Hershey, etc. In terms of other rides in the park, I still think Superman, Batwing, and Joker's Jinx are all better.

It wasn't rough or anything, just kinda "average" in my opinion.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the hype for Wild One? It's a fun coaster with some fun airtime, but I've been on much better wooden coasters. I would rank it equally with any other "classic" woodie like the one at Lagoon, Comet at Hershey, etc. In terms of other rides in the park, I still think Superman, Batwing, and Joker's Jinx are all better.

It wasn't rough or anything, just kinda "average" in my opinion.

Your opinion is your opinion. But I whole heartedly disagree with it. Comet is nowhere near as good as Wild One.

I would rank Wild One as way better than Hershey's Comet but not as good as The Great Escape's Comet.

Wild One earns its praise bedore and after the first turnaround before passing under the lift and in the nearly unbanked helix. It's no Thunderbolt and I wish it had buzz bars but there's at least two really strong airtime hills and it's really smooth not in wheel seats, specifically in 4-2.

Roar is back open, some track has been replaced, so no rmc coming in 2017. My prediction is either a flat, dc super friends taking over whistlestop park, or celebration for wild one. I do think wild one is the best wooden coaster in the mid-Atlantic region (besides el toro and lightning racer)

I think it's good that they're working on Roar more. It's actually one of my 2nd favorite ride in the park and I enjoyed it a lot! I think it would be a bit of a waste to RMC it because it's a great ride when it's smooth, while there are plenty of worse wooden coasters in the chain that need the treatment more. And while an RMC would be a good fit for Six Flags America, I can't see them ever getting one.

Roar is back open, some track has been replaced, so no rmc coming in 2017. My prediction is either a flat, dc super friends taking over whistlestop park, or celebration for wild one. I do think wild one is the best wooden coaster in the mid-Atlantic region (besides el toro and lightning racer)

Just because it's gotten some track replaced doesn't mean anything. Rattler at SFFT had track replaced the year before as well as some RMC topper track installed on it and look what happened.

I guess my point is you never know.

Just because it's gotten some track replaced doesn't mean anything. Rattler at SFFT had track replaced the year before as well as some RMC topper track installed on it and look what happened.

true, but SFA would've announced that they were closing roar by now

true, but SFA would've announced that they were closing roar by now

Good point. Touche! hehe

As did Medusa down in Mexico, and I believe that was even the same season that it closed for its conversion. I definitely don't think they're doing the RMC conversion this year, but Six Flags has proven that small touch-ups aren't necessarily proof that something bigger isn't coming.

Wild One earns its praise bedore and after the first turnaround before passing under the lift and in the nearly unbanked helix of death.

I do think wild one is the best wooden coaster in the mid-Atlantic region (besides el toro and lightning racer)

Preach.

I really like Wild One and it's one of the only reasons I still go to SFA from time to time but its quite a few steps below rides like El Toro or Thunderbolt (and Phoenix as I've heard). Infinitely better than the POS wood coaster that's unfortunately been retracked again next door.

wild one is the best wooden coaster in the mid-Atlantic region (besides el toro and lightning racer)

tumblr_me9wtubcZn1r5pqyyo1_400.gif

Let me tell you a tale of a magical land called Elysburg, PA...

you get a for perfect gif execution