TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^ The train at SFA is pretty lame, but somehow that actually looks lamer.

I think the other half may be worse (at least it was in 2008 or whenever I rode it), but I couldn't quickly find a YouTube video that wasn't focused on the passengers more than the field. Plus side though, the trees have grown significantly since then, so it isn't as boring as it used to be.

Yeah the train ride is pretty bad. The layout is weird and the trains sound like they're about to give out at anytime. Although during the Adventure World days they turned the train into a haunted attraction for their Halloween events and it was awesome. Six Flags did it for a while to for Fright Fest but it wasn't as good as when Adventure World's version.

Yeah the train ride is pretty bad. The layout is weird and the trains sound like they're about to give out at anytime. Although during the Adventure World days they turned the train into a haunted attraction for their Halloween events and it was awesome. Six Flags did it for a while to for Fright Fest but it wasn't as good as when Adventure World's version.

Oh, they stopped doing the Fright Fest train ride? I last went to Fright Fest in the early 00's.

Yeah they stopped the haunted train ride (Midnight Express) a while ago apparently. I think they did bring it back once a couple years ago but that was it. Now that I think about it, Midnight Express was the best use for that train ride.

Yeah they stopped the haunted train ride (Midnight Express) a while ago apparently. I think they did bring it back once a couple years ago but that was it. Now that I think about it, Midnight Express was the best use for that train ride.

Well, back then, that was the only time the general public could ride the train. Otherwise, you needed to be going to the catering section. Now that it's opened to all, it's simply a train ride (like Hersheypark's) rather than a transport, as it completes a circuit without stopping at a second station along the way.

Oh, they stopped doing the Fright Fest train ride? I last went to Fright Fest in the early 00's.

SFStL discontinued their haunted train ride as well. Honestly, it is no loss. Especially for the last couple of seasons when they shortened the ride to half the circuit.

Well, back then, that was the only time the general public could ride the train. Otherwise, you needed to be going to the catering section. Now that it's opened to all, it's simply a train ride (like Hersheypark's) rather than a transport, as it completes a circuit without stopping at a second station along the way.

You can still get off and on at the catering part. Two years ago you could. There was no train last year.

Are there any rumors or speculations as to what could be coming for 2017? Perhaps maybe something similar to what SFOT did for 2016? Maybe an S&S Free spin? There could also be another water park addition. Rumors seem to be pretty hush hush when it comes to SFA.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to six flags today for the soft opening of splashwater falls addition upon arrival the park said the event was cancelled, due to the rain this past week the concrete did not have enough time to dry so they would not turn on the water. They issued us a free cup with drinks for the day and a snack voucher and told us to come back tomarrow at 11am for the water park opening. A big miss today for six flags it was 98 degrees when I arrived at the park.

Went to six flags today for the soft opening of splashwater falls addition upon arrival the park said the event was cancelled, due to the rain this past week the concrete did not have enough time to dry so they would not turn on the water. They issued us a free cup with drinks for the day and a snack voucher and told us to come back tomarrow at 11am for the water park opening. A big miss today for six flags it was 98 degrees when I arrived at the park.

Yeah, me too. Still, I'll get past it as that I'd rather the concrete set properly. Better for the long run.

Was the free cup the SF Souvenir cup that you can refill without limit for the season?

Hi everyone...

I know these posts come up a lot, but I will be visiting SFA for the first time in late June on a Sunday and Monday. I was wondering if a Flash Pass is truly necessary? I know it's always the safe route to get one, but we will be spending about 1.5 days in the park and are trying to save money wherever and whenever possible. Do the lines, particularly for Superman, Joker's Jinx, Wild One, Batwing, and Apocalypse, get intolerably long during this time?

Thanks for the help.

You'll be fine without a Flash Pass especially on a Sunday and Monday, lines rarely ever get long in this park. However the park is notorious for running one train operations on weekdays so just a little heads up on that.

Hi everyone...

I know these posts come up a lot, but I will be visiting SFA for the first time in late June on a Sunday and Monday. I was wondering if a Flash Pass is truly necessary? I know it's always the safe route to get one, but we will be spending about 1.5 days in the park and are trying to save money wherever and whenever possible. Do the lines, particularly for Superman, Joker's Jinx, Wild One, Batwing, and Apocalypse, get intolerably long during this time?

Thanks for the help.

If you move quickly and get there early, you won't need a Flash Pass. It's a pretty small park, and there aren't that many major rides, but the ones there are good. Don't skip Roar! They re-tracked it, and now it feels like a new-for-2016 ride, and it has some good airtime and turns despite its small size. And Wild One is a freaking MASTERPIECE! In fact, I didn't even realize it was made by Dinn. It's pretty smooth and and has some epic airtime and laterals, so I assumed it was a PTC. I really like how Six Flags America is doing the opposite of what the other Six Flags parks are doing by avoiding RMC, and actually putting great care into their woodies.

Thanks for the advice. Both Roar and Wild One looks like two solid wooden coasters, so it's nice to hear that they are running well. One of the reasons I asked about Flash Pass is because I imagine Superman's throughput will be atrocious with VR on its way.

Yeah, the line may be unreasonable with the VR, which comes June 11. June 9th if you buy some t-shirt. Still on Monday, VR r not, you'll be good to go. Early Sunday will be good to, since many will be in the water park.

I really like how Six Flags America is doing the opposite of what the other Six Flags parks are doing by avoiding RMC, and actually putting great care into their woodies.

The lines are shorter for sure! And yes they're good. I do recommend some caution on Wild One's return leg, it will surprise you. Hands up are fine on the way out.

I wouldn't say RoaR feels like a new ride, they redid the tracks for the 1st, 2nd and 5th washboard valleys, leaving # 3 and 4 which are elevated so not so bad, although certainly noticable. After that it slows a bit and doesn't washboard. The first 2 were pretty grueling before.

As part of the VR, 2 seats per train have been removed in favor of metal boxes (surely in this age of miniaturization this seems oversize, but there isn't much spare space anyway I guess).

If by some miracle it's cool or rainy, Mind Eraser can be pleasant with a thick hat or hoodie over your ears. Don't miss Renegade Rapids (although found out a solo ride tends to put you going backwards most of the time).