TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Any way to hit the park?

Usually through the front entrance.

Any flats I can't skip?

The drop tower is worth a ride, maybe the flyers, Fireball, or the cow-themed breakdance in Coyote Creek. That thing is a little too much fun. Really whatever looks interesting to you.

What are your predictions of the crowds?

Crowds? You mean like other people showing up? Do you know what park this is? lol

Will I need a Flash Pass? Thanks!

I think in the last 4+ years of going to this park I've seen about 7 flash pass users ever, and it usually adds to the wait because the standby line isn't even at the merge point. Just go, relax, and have fun. Crowds are a non-issue at this park outside of July Saturdays and Fright Fest nights.

I'm going to the park for the first time this Sunday. Any way to hit the park? Any flats I can't skip? What are your predictions of the crowds? Will I need a Flash Pass? Thanks!

Great! The park is relatively small, so it doesn't matter where u start. Though, I usually start in the Mardi Gras section, then work my way to Gotham and so on. As far as flats, depends on what you like, but don't miss Fireball or the Rodeo Ride. Don't miss the shows.

As far as crowds, you'll be fine. Like Password said, only Saturdays and Fright Fest are some what bad.

Flash Pass? Lol,...lol I say.

I'm going to the park for the first time this Sunday. Any way to hit the park? Any flats I can't skip? What are your predictions of the crowds? Will I need a Flash Pass? Thanks!

If you move quickly and get there early, you can do all the important things in about 2 hours. Wild One is the best ride in the park, and don't skip Roar! They did a good job with the re-tracking. Batwing was really fun, the Flying Dutchman is one of the few enjoyable Vekoma models. Superman is great, but the restraints may be hard on your legs. The flats aren't outstanding, but it's a decent collection for a Six Flags park. Joker's Jinx is also fun, but it wasn't as intense as I was expecting it to be.

If you've ever felt sick on a ride, stay far, far away from Fireball ... OK actually the new cut-through path next to it is a great improvement, but don't ride it. I don't ever want to hear or see that thing again.

I strongly disagree with some of these coaster parodies, but they got it spot on in this one:

Randomly, I decided to watch a video of SFA's train ride. While watching, I recalled that the train is now open to everyone and is not just meant for transporting people to the picnic/catering area or Fright Fest. Which made me curious if they ever decide to expand the park, could/should they utilize the picnic area as a new section of the park adjacent to Gotham City? The paths and everything to it are already in place, as is the train and station (obviously). They'd just need to find a new picnic/catering area.

Randomly, I decided to watch a video of SFA's train ride. While watching, I recalled that the train is now open to everyone and is not just meant for transporting people to the picnic/catering area or Fright Fest. Which made me curious if they ever decide to expand the park, could/should they utilize the picnic area as a new section of the park adjacent to Gotham City? The paths and everything to it are already in place, as is the train and station (obviously). They'd just need to find a new picnic/catering area.

Back in 1983 they DID try to turn it into a new section,but it only lasted for that season.The only ride I remember being out there was Pirate's Flight.I always thought they SHOULD re-try that idea-maybe there's zoning restrictions I don't know about.

Does it annoy anyone else that the train doesn't stop by Superman? It could save people a walk in the hot sun through the ugliest part of the park with absolutely no shade, bathrooms or anything worth looking at whatsoever. The fact that the train goes right by it and doesn't stop is almost cruel.

PS: That's the worst train ride of any park ever. Don't get me wrong... Dorney's train made a valiant effort (not the Zephyr, the upper train) but why does it go through the backstage area? What the hell? lol

Does it annoy anyone else that the train doesn't stop by Superman? It could save people a walk in the hot sun through the ugliest part of the park with absolutely no shade, bathrooms or anything worth looking at whatsoever. The fact that the train goes right by it and doesn't stop is almost cruel.

PS: That's the worst train ride of any park ever. Don't get me wrong... Dorney's train made a valiant effort (not the Zephyr, the upper train) but why does it go through the backstage area? What the hell? lol

I think the problem is the station would be so close to the next station. If they turned the catering section into a new area and then created a new connection path down towards Superman, maybe that would help.

Edit- Or maybe remove the catering station and create a new station further down the tracks closer to Superman.

Edit 2- This would be more expensive, but maybe they could restore the track layout to its full original length (as much as possible). In an old aerial photo, I saw that the tracks used to take a wider turn past the catering area and went completely around Wild One, eventually returning to its current layout.

Original layout:

Current layout:

You can still see remnants of the old layout:

I've never been to SFA so I'm not familiar with the train or its layout. Is there a "station" by Superman that the train just proceeds through without stopping, or are you saying you would like for a station to be built in that area?

I think the problem is the station would be so close to the next station. If they turned the catering section into a new area and then created a new connection path down towards Superman, maybe that would help.

Edit- Or maybe remove the catering station and create a new station further down the tracks closer to Superman.

Edit 2- This would be more expensive, but maybe they could restore the track layout to its full original length (as much as possible). In an old aerial photo, I saw that the tracks used to take a wider turn past the catering area and went completely around Wild One, eventually returning to its current layout.

Original layout:

Current layout:

You can still see remnants of the old layout:

I must say, that is the most obnoxious watermark I have ever seen.

I for one do believe SFA would be better off building a train station near S:ROS and then adding flat rides in the open space near Batwing.

Yeah, what I wish they would do is reroute the tracks between Superman and Batwing and have the train go under Superman's two tall airtime hills. And then if there is room between them, have the train go between the old Typhoon Sea Coaster skull and Apocalypse, returning to its current layout. I think if that was done, they'd be able to add a third station (Superman/Batwing). If they want to go really crazy, have the train skip Apocalypse and go all the way down around Mind Eraser, past the antique cars, around the Looney Toons area and back up to Mardi Gras. There would then be a station at the front of the park. This is would all be very expensive, so it will never happen.

Skipping in here to say... there's a train at SFA? Since when?

It's always been there. Thing is, it used to be reserved for park patrons who were using the catering area behind Gotham City. The only time the general public could use it was during Fright Fest when they turned it into a haunted train ride. However, in recent years, they opened up the train to all park patrons during the season.

That is my home park and I've never been on the train however I am surprised that Six Flags America would be the only theme park in the world probably that reserves the train just to get people to and from catering. What a waste

That is my home park and I've never been on the train however I am surprised that Six Flags America would be the only theme park in the world probably that reserves the train just to get people to and from catering. What a waste

It used to be reserved for those people. It's open to all now. It's a ride called Capital Railways. As discussed earlier, we said it would be nice if they could move the catering station closer to Superman, allowing the train to have an actual transportation use for the general public. As I said earlier, I wish they would convert the catering area to a new area of the park (connected to Gotham City).

Skipping in here to say... there's a train at SFA? Since when?

Don't fall for it. It's a trap... worst train ride of all time.

Michigan's Adventure still has my worst train. You get on the train, it goes into the middle of a big field full of bugs, and then it's over.