TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I really hope they splurge a little bit on next year's additions. If the rumors of a big year in 2017 are true I'd be fine with just a single addition, but until that is certain I think it's a good time to take a risk. Something like Great Adenture's 2012 additions--a waterpark addition along with a Skyscreamer/flats would round out the last few years of expansion very nicely before potentially something major in 2017.

I didn't realize they removed the water fort/house/whatever you want to call it. I would assume we'll see a larger version put in, but I'm surprised they removed it before the waterpark even opened for the season. Definitely a staple, I think, and I think a lot of kids (myself included) are going to be sad when they get there and it's gone.

I really hope they splurge a little bit on next year's additions. If the rumors of a big year in 2017 are true I'd be fine with just a single addition, but until that is certain I think it's a good time to take a risk. Something like Great Adenture's 2012 additions--a waterpark addition along with a Skyscreamer/flats would round out the last few years of expansion very nicely before potentially something major in 2017.

I hope you're right. Maybe the water park addition with some dry side improvements (new trains on some coasters, etc)

Was there not a media day for Bourbon Street Fireball? I was just curious because the other Parks that got Super Loops seemed to have really nice media day events for theirs.

Is their super loop open yet? Anyone get any photos? Just curious what the themeing/area looks like.

It's open. I will not get mad ever again about a ride that I've never ridden. Bourbon is great! They have led lights on while it runs, even in the daylight. The only theming so far is the fire decoration on the top. If i can post photos, i will in this post. For some reason my phone is not acting right when trying to attach photos.

You know, i just realized that i do not have a good pic of the ride. At the time, i was more excited about the paths, which I've used several times already.

20150524_135450.thumb.jpg.b6b5f7caf42351b0ca58d837a4a6ea55.jpg

Path going to Mardi

20150524_134731.thumb.jpg.9cfa834b6b1aef89d1e32531d6da1cfd.jpg

Path going to Gotham

20150524_134728.thumb.jpg.e607c92f55155b92a5697ca6affb45ad.jpg

Path coming from Bourbon exit.

It really is a decent ride, and it completes that area of the park so well. And the path to Gotham was SO overdue. Now they can move on to bringing the other areas of the park up to the standard they've set in Mardi Gras. I'm excited for the future of this park.

I am not familiar with the layout of the Park being that I've never been there, so could somebody possibly post an aerial view pic of the Park and mark where the new ride, and path are on it? I'd really appreciate it.

@Highridin Thanks for the photos, I can see it being a good fit for that area of the park. Hoping to get down there again maybe in the fall like we did last year, if only just to get some more laps on S:ROS and Wild One!

I live <5 min from Kings Dominion, and was wondering if I should invest in a day ticket to this park. It seems like it has fun coasters, but I've heard horror stories from friends and acquaintances of frequent parking-lot gang fights and muggings, and of petty theft and other crime in the park. Is this park "family-friendly (i.e. safe for families w/young kids)", or are these stories simply based upon racial bias?

I live <5 min from Kings Dominion, and was wondering if I should invest in a day ticket to this park. It seems like it has fun coasters, but I've heard horror stories from friends and acquaintances of frequent parking-lot gang fights and muggings, and of petty theft and other crime in the park. Is this park "family-friendly (i.e. safe for families w/young kids)", or are these stories simply based upon racial bias?

If it was 2007, the stories you heard are right. The park is a totally different place now. Trust me, you'll have a fun and safe time.

First of all, I would like to say that I absolutely hate those 5 ft fences that they put all over the park. Just ew they look too big, out of place, and at least make them prettier. Second of all go to the park. It's a nice experience. The coasters r nothing special but they're cool. You'll enjoy yourself.