TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

That's good news. I was disappointed to hear initially mid-June. Memorial Day is exactly what they shoot for, and considering this installation requires more work than the other Super Loops (additional land clearing/leveling and path to Gotham City), I'm excited for this ride. I'll certainly ride it the next time Im at the park.

Well, i was bored today and decided to head to the park with my 2 year old. Fireball is up and running. People seemed to have liked it quite a bit. People were on the ride for quite a while. Seems to take forever to get around the loop. When it does, it flies. Wasn't able to ride today, but took the new path. When you exit the fireball, the path takes you to both Mardi Gras and Gotham.

Sad that they went from getting 6 new coasters in 1998-2001 to receiving TWO hand-me-downs in 2002-2015.

I think either an S&S free-fly, a Premier Sky Rocket II, or an RMC iron horse of Roar is highly appropriate for SFA.

So... No media day for the new ride? Not really a big deal, but the other SF parks that got Super Loops had media days.

They may have had a media day on Friday or Sat. Don't know. Also, there is a big sign that says, "get ready for a big splash in 2016" where Crocodile Cal's stood. So far, they filled the area with dirt and hay (for grass, I think).

I would love to see Herschend buy the park. They can turn it into something nice, possibly with an American history theme. They can make it compete better with Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens. And that RMC of Roar is still possible.

Heck, even Cedar Fair would do a better job managing this park than Six Flags does right now.

The could combine the current name and old names and call it World of America.

I would love to see Herschend buy the park. They can turn it into something nice, possibly with an American history theme. They can make it compete better with Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens. And that RMC of Roar is still possible.

Heck, even Cedar Fair would do a better job managing this park than Six Flags does right now.

If you really had "forgotten this park exists," then how are you one to argue for a management change? If you had kept up on the park, you would realize that not only is SFA much more than just "2 relocated coasters since 2001." This park has probably made the most impressive turnaround if any SF park in the last five years, and actually has a more well rounded ride collection and waterpark than many of its competitors, not to mention a very friendly staff and a clean atmosphere.

How can you say Cedar Fair would manage the park better than SF is, if you haven't kept informed informed on the park's recent happenings?

Seriously, I'm tired of people bashing this park and looking in its past (which is interesting for a 15 year to do, actually).

This is actually a really cute park, went for the first time last year. There were almost no lines for anything and everything was up and running. I had a really fun time but there were no standout rides, and I probobly wouldn't go back unless they got a new coaster. Doesn't mean they're not a bad park.

This is actually a really cute park, went for the first time last year. There were almost no lines for anything and everything was up and running. I had a really fun time but there were no standout rides, and I probobly wouldn't go back unless they got a new coaster. Doesn't mean they're not a bad park.

I just feel that it should be turned into a more family friendly park, and Six Flags is not the company to do that.

^Agreed. I finally visited for the first time since the Mardi Gras makeover, and every year just feels better and better. I have my complaints, but I think maybe a Mind Eraser makeover (new trains and theme/paint to fit the midwestern area) and some more things to do (or even just a bathroom, honestly) on the way back to Superman would really go a long way. Tack on the inevitable new water slide or two and a 100th celebration for Wild One that could include more trackwork, new paint, and some chaser lights at night, and you've got yourself some solid improvements that won't break the bank for the next couple of years!

I hope that since the park is adding something to the waterpark in 2016 that they can make some improvements to the dry side too. They don't have to add a new ride of roller coaster but they should maybe retheme coyote creek or Gotham city and add some landscaping. The superman or the mind eraser could use some new trains. They should remove the brakes from the jokers jinx, the ride would be 10x better. They could also find a way to use both stations of batwing. If they would've converted apocalypse into a floor less coaster and added more fire and effects then it could be one of the best coasters in the park.

If you really had "forgotten this park exists," then how are you one to argue for a management change? If you had kept up on the park, you would realize that not only is SFA much more than just "2 relocated coasters since 2001." This park has probably made the most impressive turnaround if any SF park in the last five years, and actually has a more well rounded ride collection and waterpark than many of its competitors, not to mention a very friendly staff and a clean atmosphere.

How can you say Cedar Fair would manage the park better than SF is, if you haven't kept informed informed on the park's recent happenings?

Seriously, I'm tired of people bashing this park and looking in its past (which is interesting for a 15 year to do, actually).

I agree big time. Sure, I'd love to see a brand new coaster, etc, but I'm not complaining too much. I always have a good time there. Sometimes hand me downs are not that bad, because it's 'new' to the park. The regular patron does not think of the ride as a hand me down. One of the 'hand me downs' always has one of the biggest lines (ragin Cajin). A Roar RMC is not 'too' big for the park right now. My money is on 2017.

Most people have in their mind what negative things were said over the years. When they get there, it's all they think about, when there is actually nothing wrong. I'm guilty to a certain extent. I just took the park for what it was in 2012, then my eyes actually opened; I realized that SFA actually was/is a pretty fun place. One thing is for sure, I like the employees way better than any other park, save for Disney on where there is no equal.

^Joker doesn't run with the MCBR on, but it launches slower than Poltergeist and the Flight of Fear clones (the latter of which hit the MCBR hard). And they do run both sides of Batwing, just on rare occasions - you just have to get lucky!

Lol,...real lucky.

^Agreed. I finally visited for the first time since the Mardi Gras makeover, and every year just feels better and better. I have my complaints, but I think maybe a Mind Eraser makeover (new trains and theme/paint to fit the midwestern area) and some more things to do (or even just a bathroom, honestly) on the way back to Superman would really go a long way. Tack on the inevitable new water slide or two and a 100th celebration for Wild One that could include more trackwork, new paint, and some chaser lights at night, and you've got yourself some solid improvements that won't break the bank for the next couple of years!

I hear you. Let's also not forget that they recently lifted the max height for rides. It may take a couple of years for SF to get something in the pipeline for the park.

^Joker doesn't run with the MCBR on, but it launches slower than Poltergeist and the Flight of Fear clones (the latter of which hit the MCBR hard). And they do run both sides of Batwing, just on rare occasions - you just have to get lucky!

Jokers jinx actually has the mcbr installed?