TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^^^ Doesn't everybody on this site?

Y'know, for as much useless roller coaster trivia that's floating throughout my brain, no, I do not have the RCDB bookmarked.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope they paint it before it reopens.

Having a ride open for guests to enjoy > One non-painted support.

I'm just encouraged to see that work is progressing along after an obviously unexpected issue. From what I have seen happen to various ride parts over the past couple years is that water accumulates in these (mostly) enclosed areas and freezes. Water expands as it freezes into ice which will blow out/disfigure/crack metal, or sometimes just severely rust through. It's pretty hard to catch a lot of this until the consequences happen, especially on a support column like this. SFA doesn't have the worst winters on record, but they see their fair share of snow and cold for a scenario like this to unfold.

Before the Six Flags ineptitude comments come out, I would like to point out that his is not a once in a blue moon occurrence in the non-Six Flags park I work for. Unfortunately for SFA, this happened on a large support that is not re-fabricated or easily replaced in the blink of an eye like most ride parts are.

Edited by ajfelice

Im not sure if anyone's noticed but they've also started taking down skull mountain.

I actually like having the skull mountain remnants, It will be awkward seeing Wild One naked & being able to see Gotham behind apocalypse. None the less as an employee of SFA I love the slow but sure type of progress the park is making.

Hey, if they have the extra budget, I'm all for it. A Larson super loop may not be the most exciting ride, but they do seem to be doing some nice park improvements to go along with it. They could have easily just plopped down the ride in front of Wild One, but instead they eliminated the dead end into Mardi Gras. On top of this--landscaping between Superman/Batwing, new restaurant, fixed Joker's Jinx support fairly quickly, and now removing the last bits of an eyesore. Not a bad "off" year at all, IMO, and I always welcome more rides to keep people entertained and potentially staying in the park longer, which is exactly what the new ride will do.

Went today for a few. Fun as always. Here are some pics of the progress to the path and JJ's support beam.

The path it's coming together nicely. They have a fence and a rooftop type structure going under The Wild One.

Half of the support beam is repainted. The other half is primed. Painter must have taken a half day that day.

20150426_174204.thumb.jpg.554dfc581671943cb7adfcf953fe3bf2.jpg

Path

20150426_174502.thumb.jpg.11c35f2ef13e4013c280a852017907f0.jpg

Beam