TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

You're right, but it would be so... so ugly. And since the park is slowly improving I'd like to see them fix up their current ridiculously ugly path before they add more ridiculously ugly paths that people will then complain about.

I was at the park for a good while today. Overall it was a good day; more crowded than I expected for a Monday, but nothing too ridiculous. One train ops on all coasters, Superman, Batwing, and Wild One could have befitted from two train operations greatly.

Noticed some retracking on Wild One, which was running fairly well. Superman was hauling today, greyed out in the first helix for a few seconds.

Jokers Jinx was down today. I walked around the perimeter and noticed it was actually missing about 2/3 of a support on the backside, with the base of the support in the ground and the top portion suspended in the air, clamped by what appeared to be a ratcheting rope or band of sorts. Honestly I've never seen something like this before. It looked like it was forcefully removed (not clean) from the footer, which was very easily visible from the path to Superman. Anyone have more info? I can't imagine this is a quick fix by any means.

Didn't notice it. I'm stopping by the park on Wednesday or Thursday to see how the new rib platter is (I have the meal pass). Nothing like living less than 3 minutes from the park. All coasters seem like they are hauling right now. Hope they stay the same. Also didn't get head or neck destroyed on Roar or Mind eraser (that's a first for the latter). Wonder what's going on with JJ? Going to check it out.

Jokers Jinx was down today. I walked around the perimeter and noticed it was actually missing about 2/3 of a support on the backside, with the base of the support in the ground and the top portion suspended in the air, clamped by what appeared to be a ratcheting rope or band of sorts. Honestly I've never seen something like this before. It looked like it was forcefully removed (not clean) from the footer, which was very easily visible from the path to Superman. Anyone have more info? I can't imagine this is a quick fix by any means.

I was there on Friday and took some pictures of Joker's missing support. It doesn't look good.

Joker1.thumb.jpg.31d4ab0547ea7a99387c08f30ee881c0.jpg

There were some straps around the top of the support and the one next to it.

Joker2.thumb.jpg.8bf0b21ffe0b8582bceee14d4dd263db.jpg

Here's the footer end. Oof.

^Woah... That doesn't look good at all. It doesn't seem like the support was torch cut by hand. Sometimes when coasters get older, in high stress sections the fasteners get a little bit loose and need tightening. It might be possible that one sheared off and the weight of the support caused it to collapse like that. They will probably need to get a new one and inspect the rest of the bolts.

Or maybe it's going to another park?

That's probably not it. In normal deconstruction, normally the highest points of the coaster are taken apart first (usually track). Not only that, but the support wouldn't be cut like that. It would just be unfastened from the footer.

Honestly I'm not surprised. I remember two summers ago, my friends and I were watching Joker's Jinx and couldn't help but notice how much that support shook every time a train went through the cobra roll.

Regarding the path issue between Batwing and Mind Eraser...I just can't see that happening. Not because there's no space between Mind Eraser and the rapids, but just the path itself. That would be an INSANELY long path with nothing on it. Maybe 6F would at most add a bathroom and a restaurant, but there's no way there will be any attractions, at least not for a while. I just can't imagine even Six Flags making a new pathway with absolutely no incentive to use it.

It would be good for future expansion, true. But for the time being I can't see it happening. I mean, look how LONG a path that would have to be! They would need a massive 5-year addition plan to make that worth it.

No idea how long joker's jinx will be down, but long enough that they put something on the website.

THE JOKER's Jinx

Temporarily Closed

Minimum Height: 54"

This ride is temporarily closed. Only a twisted mind could devise twists like these.

Regardless of the circumstances that may not have even been the parks fault, this is just the most SFA thing ever.

I challenge you to not always bash Six Flags either directly or passive-aggressively at every corner. Parks deal with these significant downtime issues on a periodic basis. A great example is Kings Dominion's problem on I-305 in 2013 that caused significant downtime for the month of August and a short time after.

By looking at the picture it was cut right above the footer but unbolted at the top. More likely there is going to be another support fabricated and installed to replace the old one. Or just like Goliath at SFFT, the bottoms of some of the supports that corroded in water during Hurricane Katrina were cut off and new steel to bolt down to the footers were welded back on before the coaster was put back up at SFFT.

By looking at the picture it was cut right above the footer but unbolted at the top. More likely there is going to be another support fabricated and installed to replace the old one. Or just like Goliath at SFFT, the bottoms of some of the supports that corroded in water during Hurricane Katrina were cut off and new steel to bolt down to the footers were welded back on before the coaster was put back up at SFFT.

To add to this, for those of you who don't have the Roller Coaster Database in your bookmarks, Goliath at Six Flags Fiesta Texas was relocated from Six Flags New Orleans.