TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Six Flags America put up the park map and OMG!!!

THEY ARE CONNECTING MARDI GRAS TO GOTHAM CITY!! If you've been to this park, you know that this park has a lot of dead ends and Mardi Gras/Southwest Territory is the worst! They are finally connecting them together!! You don't understand how exciting this is for me!!

(not sure if this has been mentioned already, I haven't been on this thread in a while)

SFA.PNG.a9531eb67943f1e13ead71f734655de7.PNG

Lol,..yeah it's been mentioned. It is big news. More than the new ride I'm looking forward to Thursday. My daughter is salty that a school make up day was scheduled for that day, but they get out two hours early. We are going there right after she gets out; about 12pm.

Now they just need A Path from Batwing to Coyote Creek.

Say what you will about Jim Reid and the current management, But at least they are "fixing" Six Flags America (Retheming of Southwest Territory (Which was a bad by Six Flags standards Themed Area), New-ish Coasters, Flat Rides, Connecting Midways, Cool ideas for Shows, Etc.)

^^Agreed. Pretty much all the dead ends in this park are bad, although personally I think the dead end where Batwing sits is the worst one.

Now they just need A Path from Batwing to Coyote Creek.

I'd like to see this done sometime in the future. A path connecting these two areas would not only help guest getting to one side of the park to the other, but also help for future expansion. I think there's quite a bit of room right next to Superman's helix for another major attraction.

Had a good time at the park today. Normal first day delays. Nothing serious. funniest thing of today was the four maintenance people trying to figure out what was wrong with the carousel.. . News flash: all three sides were working on the drop tower.

I think a connection between Coyote Creek and Gotham City will happen when Six Flags, as a company, finally starts to remove SLC's from parks (Mind Eraser really needs to go and be replaced with something else.... anything else, lol)!!! Also, I think if "Roar" gets a RMC treatment, they could create a layout that gives Six Flags America space to expand behind the Roar and connect Chesapeake with Gotham City, going in between Apocalypse and Roar's break run.

369430531_SixFlagsAmericaPath.thumb.PNG.6cc5bf1c144596cefd3ec5d4b91fb1c8.PNG

I think a connection between Coyote Creek and Gotham City will happen when Six Flags, as a company, finally starts to remove SLC's from parks (Mind Eraser really needs to go and be replaced with something else.... anything else, lol)!!! Also, I think if "Roar" gets a RMC treatment, they could create a layout that gives Six Flags America space to expand behind the Roar and connect Chesapeake with Gotham City, going in between Apocalypse and Roar's break run.

How about remove Renegade Rapids and build a path to Gotham City/ Batwing?

I rode it in 06 and found it mediocre. Course that will mean insanely long lines for Shipwreck Falls and Penguins.

How about remove Renegade Rapids and build a path to Gotham City/ Batwing?

I rode it in 06 and found it mediocre. Course that will mean insanely long lines for Shipwreck Falls and Penguins.

Wasn't Shipwreck Falls the ride replaced by Apocalypse back in 2012?

^Skull Mountain, an Intamin flume ride, was replaced by Apocalypse. SFA was a rare park woth four water rides until 2011.

Renegade Rapids is a rather uneventful raft ride, so I wouldnt have much issue with it being replaced. Penguins is just a piece of spinning garbage. Its awful. Id love that to be replaced with a decent coaster or expansion, but it seems unlikely. Shipwreck Falls is really the only decent water ride.

SFA already has one horrifically ugly walkway through an open field with no trees, theming, bathrooms or anything of interest anywhere... why are people clamoring for another one?

Cause a pathway from Batwing to Mind Eraser would make the park a complete loop and eliminate 2 dead ends and allow better crowd flow.