TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I also don't see SFA getting a giga, at least not anytime soon, even though that would be really cool. I like the idea of building a SkyScreamer that would be taller than KD's to bring more GP to SFA, though. I don't really see them replacing Mind Eraser or any other coaster anytime soon, either. However, I think that if they do remove Mind Eraser, a Eurofighter could be a great replacement, if it would fit.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to Fright Fest this year because of college, but I can't wait to check this new attraction out! It reminds me of those Ring Of Fire things at the carnival. I wonder what improvements will be made to the existing rides during the off-season, too. It feels kind of crazy that we're going into the 2015 season already...

Well, a seven-story fireball ride would be a nice fit into the park and bring more stuff to their Mardi Gras section, but I can see other areas that they could put in some more rides.

One - The empty area next to Roar and across from Shipwreck Fall - they can put in a Rocking Tub ride.

Two - The area next to the body slides where the old Ferris Wheel attraction used to be until it got moved to Whistle Stop - I can see them put in a ride like Holiday World's Liberty Launch ( they got the line, so why not put in a ride).

Three - In that wooded area behind Coyote Creek and Mind Eraser - I can see either a log flume or a mine train ride.

"What I want to see is you coming back to bed. I miss you.

A path can fit between Mind Eraser and the river rapids ride and then make it wind back to where Batwing is. Management told me they just did not feel its a needed thing yet.

I know I am late but I love Penguins Blizzard River. But then again I have always went with kids (I used to work at a Boys and Girls Club) and we would fill that thing up and they had such a blast. Goes to show sometimes its not the ride but the experience.

There's a lot of protected wetland around Mind Eraser/Renegade Rapids. From what I've heard, the park has taken some heat from the county from oil/grease run-off from Mind Eraser and chlorinated water run-off from Renegade Rapids. With the protected wetlands in that area, any construction between/around Mind Eraser/Renegade Rapids is really hampered/prohibited. A path between Apocalypse and Roar would be much more likely.

^I was thinking something like that, well except for Apocalypse being burnt down since it's "new". However it would be awesome to see Roar get an Iron Horse treatment as they could use the advantage to make a path connecting to Gotham. If it ever happens that is....

As much as I'd like to see a new custom coaster at Six Flags America, I still don't think they need another coaster anytime soon. I'd be perfectly happy if the next five years brought a Justice League: Battle for Metropolis clone, a Sky Screamer, a ProSlide Hydromagnetic slide, a spiffy new set/show for the Wild West stunt show arena, and maybe another new flat or two...

• 1 month later...
Recently asked a question in the ask Alvey thread. Has anyone here recently worked at SFA? Considering a summer job at the park, and I'd like to know how your experience was. I know it's not the best park to work at, but it's the closest one. Thoughts?

Make sure to do ride crew or games. Just dont do food service and you should be happy enough

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know where exactly this ride is placed? I'm thinking next to the Falling Star in front of Wild One.

Hopefully they can continue to revamp sections of the park after this. Gotham City could certainly use more rides to fill in the holes.

^^ u r right Password. I like the idea of that countdown board out front. Getting kinda psyched.

• 3 weeks later...

2015 park map is posted!

https://www.sixflags.com/sites/default/files/sfa_fullmap.pdf

Changes include Bourbon Street Fireball, Jelly Belly shop on Main Street, and another new restaurant for Mardi Gras. The description sounds pretty good; I don't usually eat park food but I might have to try this one out.

I really like that even on off years, they continue to focus on revamping/upgrading the park. I can't wait to see what SFA could do with more than a few million dollars for relocated coasters and flats.

This is has been more than likely said but I love that it appears a walk will be built between where Wild One is and Gotham City. This was my home park for 28 years and I am glad to see it finally turning into a decent park. I much prefer having Six Flags Fiesta Texas as my home park now