TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Honestly, they could really improve the place if they scrapped Batwing, spruced up Gotham City, and then added a great coaster and a collection of flats behind Superman in Batwing's spot and that empty field.

The park would look a lot better if they scrapped Batwing, hid the old path to it and just made Superman the back of the park. Unfortunately Batwing is a big draw so this would never happen but it just looks ridiculous and it makes the path layout a complete train wreck.

Scrapping Batwing would be a bad move. Folks love that ride.

^ I remember you and I discussed this when we visited the park a few years ago. I hate to tell Six Flags, but a new bathroom by Batwing IS an infrastructure improvement. A new water line only takes two to three weeks at most to install, and the building construction wouldn't be a large investment. It's something they could do fairly easily that will bring customer satisfaction. A new water line would also encourage other new investments in that area in the future.

That is exactly what I told them. They have lots of land back there and if they built to the left of where the exit of Batwing is they could eventually attach a pathway from there to where the river rapids is.

In my honest opinion if they want to get rid of a "major" ride I would take out the river rapids ride or at least improve it. It is one of the worst I have ever rode.

Honestly, they could really improve the place if they scrapped Batwing, spruced up Gotham City, and then added a great coaster and a collection of flats behind Superman in Batwing's spot and that empty field.

The park would look a lot better if they scrapped Batwing, hid the old path to it and just made Superman the back of the park. Unfortunately Batwing is a big draw so this would never happen but it just looks ridiculous and it makes the path layout a complete train wreck.

Scrapping Batwing would be a bad move. Folks love that ride.

I agree, all I said was that it would improve the path layout not that they should actually do it at this point. It's a total pipe dream.

Instead of building whistlestop park, they could have used that land for some more flats or a small coaster

I disagree. Yes, they *could* have done this, but with all the undelevoped land SFA has, it really didn't make a difference. And the location is actually pretty good for a kids area, IMO. It is the only kids area in the back and left side of the park, and it breaks up the field of mediocre coasters past Wild One.

^ I remember you and I discussed this when we visited the park a few years ago. I hate to tell Six Flags, but a new bathroom by Batwing IS an infrastructure improvement. A new water line only takes two to three weeks at most to install, and the building construction wouldn't be a large investment. It's something they could do fairly easily that will bring customer satisfaction. A new water line would also encourage other new investments in that area in the future.

That is exactly what I told them. They have lots of land back there and if they built to the left of where the exit of Batwing is they could eventually attach a pathway from there to where the river rapids is.

In my honest opinion if they want to get rid of a "major" ride I would take out the river rapids ride or at least improve it. It is one of the worst I have ever rode.

SO AGREE I RODE IT AT LEAST 5 TIMES AND I DIDNT GET WET AT. ALL.

^It sure as hell is a lot better than Penguin's Blizzard River because that has to be one of the worst excuses for a water ride ever. Now that's one ride I consider boring, pointless and barely gets you wet at all.

A path from Gotham to Coyote Creek would be great, however I can't see it being built unless they remove Mind Eraser or the rapids ride as there is barely any room for a decent sized path to go there.

I disagree on Renegade Rapids -- seemed to me it's one of the more unique rides in the park. I don't ride the normal soak-roulette rapids rides. Plus it actually has a lot of little rapids (waves) which I don't recall on those other rides. Probably could have a bit more to it, but still liked it. It's more realistic to an actual white-water raft ride (I don't recall seeing rivers that barely move yet have lots of places with water pouring on you).

Also, I don't mind how Gotham City looks as much as just feeling, when it's hot, like it's hiking across the desert, or that they're trying to force me to buy a drink. Could use some kind of sprayer or mister somewhere.

^Granted I haven't been on the Renegade Rapids in years, but I still remember it being one of the better rapids ride. Out of all of the ones I've been on, White Water Canyon is my favorite by far. Roman Rapids at BGW is very disappointing, even thought the waterfall was off when I last went on it. Still it's one of the shortest and most boring ones I've been on. Removing Renegade Rapids would be a bad move imo as it would leave PBR and Shipwreck Falls as the only water rides in the park.

Also, I don't mind how Gotham City looks as much as just feeling, when it's hot, like it's hiking across the desert, or that they're trying to force me to buy a drink. Could use some kind of sprayer or mister somewhere.

Ironically, from what I've been told, the park picked up many of the shade structures SFNO had after that park closed. I'm pretty sure that if you look here (http://binged.it/1xo6M3I) those yellow pieces you see in the field are the supports for the shade structures. Here's an image of the shade structures for reference (http://www.sfno.com/albums/thenandnow/abc.jpg). They have been on the SFA property for years. It's a shame that none have ever been used. The park could really benefit from the extra shade.

^Granted I haven't been on the Renegade Rapids in years, but I still remember it being one of the better rapids ride. Out of all of the ones I've been on, White Water Canyon is my favorite by far. Roman Rapids at BGW is very disappointing, even thought the waterfall was off when I last went on it. Still it's one of the shortest and most boring ones I've been on. Removing Renegade Rapids would be a bad move imo as it would leave PBR and Shipwreck Falls as the only water rides in the park.

Exactly. Taking it out would be a bad move just to build a path. I believe that they could squeeze a path in if they wanted to though. White water canyon is great!

Looking closely from that image if Coyote Creek and frequenting the park this summer, I can say with near certainty that there is not space for a path without the removal of either Renegade Rapids or Mind Eraser. The rapids come within a couple of feet of Mind Eraser's supports, and just as close to Roar's structure on the opposite end. No matter how you look at it, the rapids come too close to the surrounding coasters to allow any sort of path.

I doubt that a path would connect to the area near Mind Eraser. I don't see where the path could go without some modifications on the existing rides. That would be costly. However, a could definitely see a path going from in between Apocalypse and Roar back under superman and connection to the Batwing path or simply going around Wild One and connecting in Whistlestop. Actually, if I am correctly thinking this out, I think I recall that SFA has paved a path between Apocalypse and Roar already. While I think maintenance uses it, it is odd that it is paved! All of the other maintenance roads that I have seen as a guest, like back near superman and Batwing, are dirt roads. So perhaps that is a hint that the park has paved out for us already (pun intended).

As for Wish List:

TREES

Bathroom in back of Gotham,

Indoor Justice League: Escape from Metropolis

Indoor El Loco Coaster

Sky Screamer (400ft)

S&S Free Spin Coaster

MORE TREES

Gotham Re-theme

End Dead-ends

As for WildOne's 100th - I don't want them to change this ride. Just spruce up with some paint and re-track the whole thing .

Extreme Wish List:

Custom RMC topper-track wood coaster

Looking closely from that image if Coyote Creek and frequenting the park this summer, I can say with near certainty that there is not space for a path without the removal of either Renegade Rapids or Mind Eraser. The rapids come within a couple of feet of Mind Eraser's supports, and just as close to Roar's structure on the opposite end. No matter how you look at it, the rapids come too close to the surrounding coasters to allow any sort of path.

If Apocalypse wasn't so close to Roar I could see a path placed in between where the gates are as seen here. It's enough for maintenance vehicles to get through, but I doubt it's big enough for a decent sized path but who knows, maybe it is?

^Edit:Beat me to it.

^^ I like your wishlist. I think the Justice League dark ride and El Loco would work really well in the space between Batwing and Superman. If they really wanted to get crazy, they could build both in the same building with separating walls. I don't think a 400ft Sky Screamer would work, though. A smaller one would probably be better.

^I suggest a 400ft because with only 2 in the US it would be unique. I wouldn't go with 140 ft because it should be competitive against KD's 300 ft. While we know these are different rides. General Public sees them as tall swing rides. KD's has been around for a few years now so if SFA were to introduce one, it would be wise of them to go taller! While I don't see a giga coaster ever coming to SFA despite all the land. I think a 400ft sky screamer is a much cheaper alternative to install a record breaking attraction vs a coaster.

I wonder how much the 400 ft star flyers cost compared to an average cookie cutter coaster. I would think it would cost less than it costs to relocate Iron Wolf or about the same.

I like the ride of putting both in the same building but I think a new coaster would look better out in the land Superman's outfield that would allow them to expand out there. Putting another coaster between Batwing and Superman would be too crowded in my opinon. Gotham doesn't really have any tame rides except for Penguin and Riddle Me this. This would great a much better offering in Gotham (Hopefully DC comics universe soon). Plus with the new Batman vs Superman it would tie in well. I also think it would help ground Superman's ride better since Superman is based in metropolis and so is the Justice League ride.

A 400ft justice league themed sky screamer or a justice league dark ride built between superman and batwing would be good with a gotham city revamp.

Or the removal of minderaser for a western themed roller coaster like mystery mine at dollywood

Or for 2016, superman could be re-modeled by possibly making it taller with a steeper drop, removal of the helixes and replaced by overbanked turns, an extra hill, and new trains. Maybe a tunnel at the bottom on the drop with mist?

A 400ft justice league themed sky screamer or a justice league dark ride built between superman and batwing would be good with a gotham city revamp.

Or the removal of minderaser for a western themed roller coaster like mystery mine at dollywood

Or for a Maverick clone

In all seriousness, if revamping Gotham City is the way they end up going (which we don't actually know, but it would be logical as it's a really crappy *themed* section), I could see a SkyScreamer in 2016 (height limit removed), a few flats, and either an inexpensive coaster or a relocation(of a decent ride- something like Gadv's Bizarro). I don't see the park investing any more than about $5 million in any one year until the profits can justify it.

As for the dark ride, obviously it would be great for any Six Flags park, but I don't see SFA as a priority for a new ride concept in the chain right now. Notice all the latest Six Flags trends (Skyscreamers, RMC coasters, 4-D coasters, etc) have mysteriously *bypassed* this park? Especially with a more costly ride like Justice League, I don't see SFA as one of the earlier parks to invest in this.