TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Coming in 2015! Bourbon Street Fireball, a seven story, chaotic looping roller coaster, will be unlike anything you have ever experienced. This sizzling steel monster towers over the Mardi Gras section of the park, delivering 360-degree thrills to those who are brave enough to ride!

You’ll rock back and forth in a uniquely designed train that will reverse direction mid-loop. Then, you’ll hang suspended upside down just long enough to catch your breath, this fireball will shoot you through a series of heart pounding full-circle revolutions. The unpredictable Bourbon Street Fireball looms high over Mardi Gras classics like Ragin Cajun and Wild One, serving up world class excitement at Six Flags America.

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/america/attractions/bourbon-street-fireball/overview

bourbonstreetfireballlogo.thumb.jpg.143f57652ea15d40d31725e30f6f617c.jpg

gallery_bourbonsstreetfireball2wash.thumb.jpg.516bd3cdffba9e7d71bf84518cb4c549.jpg

gallery_bourbonstreetfireball1wash.thumb.jpg.05877c32cbf3ed2ce691b9cd9f14e5ed.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

^I agree that the ride is most fitting at SFA. SFA reminded me a lot of Elitch Gardens, and the same ride seemed to fit in quite well there.

I really need to get back to SFA. Since I was last there they added two new coasters and a set of flyers. It's nice to see the park working to improve so much!

I hopefully expect six flags to correct their marketing of it as a coaster and rather a coaster-like experience. Similar to how they went from calling NTAG a wooden coaster to now correctly identifying Iron Horse converted rides as Hybrids.

I agree that I welcome this addition with open arms. It fulfills the inverting flat ride void that the park has needed filled for a while now. I think a 7 story looping ride will look great in the mardis gras side of the park (currently nothing over there on that side, including the coasters goes up side down). While they are a classically known as Carnival rides, I don't think I agree to jump to calling this larger and Permanent (i might add) model a carnival ride... in that case people should be making the same arguments against the flying scooters. As far as ride experience, I am going to hold my judgments until I ride, but I don't recall seeing any complaints from the Elitch Gardens thread (aside from the downtime issue early on in the season).

in fact from the Brain Drain thread...

So as nobody else has updated about Brain Drain, I'll just say something from today, my 5th trip to the park this season and 4th time on the ride. The ride is very fun, much better then the often-sketchy Fireball/Ring-O-Fire fairground rides. I looks very professional from the queue to the ride set up and the park did a very good job on this attraction. It also has a slightly better capacity compared to the fairground rides, which helps with lines. It has been popular with guests, with the ride never getting a line shorter then 30 minutes even on a weekday (But this may be due to the fact that the park has been doing very well recently, with most major coasters and rides still getting hour lines on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, even with the popular water park open). The hangtime and flipping is an awesome experience, and it has a good length ride cycle. I'd actually like to see more parks buy the park-model fireball ride as it is a popular addition and is a great ride. Sorry, no pictures for now but maybe if I bring a camera next time I can get a few shots. Thanks!

I'm surprised that they added a new ride there in this area when there they still have a lot of marketability of that section as is... and there are some other areas in the center of the park, coyote creek, or gotham that could use new hardware to fill some of the existing empty ride pads. But again, when it came to the best placement of this ride (given that its an inverting ride) it goes well in the Mardis Gras section...

I also like the name... Surprise they didn't call it the Bourbon Street Hangover! That would've been awesome (hopefully they will tie in the hangover pun along with this ride like they did in the announcement).

I took think that the only place in that section that has space is either the old diesel derby area which is technically part of looney tunes kiddie area or that grassy knoll between Voodoo drop and Zydeco Zinger.

I heard on the radio today that the Jokers Jinx got stuck because the coaster wasn't going fast enough...lol..they called it a technical glitch. According to the guy on the radio, they 'corrected' the problem by speeding up the launch. I knew I felt a difference last week.

I think a super loop works well here, not so much at SFGAdv. It is by no means a coaster, but its a fun flat! I'm surprised they didn't get a skyscreamer. Maybe that'll be 2016...But I bet this will look good in the marti gras section!

Which, speaking of Marti Gras, I meant to ask this a while back, but how does that new section look? In terms of cleanliness and theming? Either way, I'm sure its better than Southwest Territory.

I think a super loop works well here, not so much at SFGAdv. It is by no means a coaster, but its a fun flat! I'm surprised they didn't get a skyscreamer. Maybe that'll be 2016...But I bet this will look good in the marti gras section!

Which, speaking of Marti Gras, I meant to ask this a while back, but how does that new section look? In terms of cleanliness and theming? Either way, I'm sure its better than Southwest Territory.

They put a lot of good work in the Mardi Gras section. Good music, good rides, great theming, and a superb bar. I watched the entire World Cup final at the bar. The entire park is clean. Only thing they need to do is get rid of that Subway, and put a Louisiana type restaurant in there.

They put a lot of good work in the Mardi Gras section. Good music, good rides, great theming, and a superb bar. I watched the entire World Cup final at the bar. The entire park is clean. Only thing they need to do is get rid of that Subway, and put a Louisiana type restaurant in there.

Popeye's. Easy enough.

Popeye's. Easy enough.

Yum

Basically they added a Berserker on rails........Kings Dominion should be proud........and for the other parks that originally had a looping starship now have a looping starship on rails.......awesome!!!

Basically lmao

Popeye's. Easy enough.

2016/2017 wishlist:

1. re-theme coyote creek, remove minderaser and replace with a custom b&m invert

2. (if possible) joker's jinx backwards

3.(if possible) remove stand up trains on apocalypse and replace with b&m sit-down trains or floorless trains

4. Iron roar

5.x-flight clone placed in the field between superman and batwing and a gotham city re-theme or revamp

6. new trains on minderaser, roar, or superman.

which option sounds the most realistic?

2016/2017 wishlist:

1. re-theme coyote creek, remove minderaser and replace with a custom b&m invert

3.(if possible) remove stand up trains on apocalypse and replace with b&m sit-down trains or floorless trains

4. Iron roar

5.x-flight clone placed in the field between superman and batwing and a gotham city re-theme or revamp

2, 4, or 6 (probably in that order too)

2016/2017 wishlist:

4. Iron roar

None, Lol. Well, maybe 2, but if you want an X-Flight clone, you're gonna have to wait a good 20 years before SFGAm relocates it

Oh, I'm terrible.