TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^I'd sure hope so, but I sure wouldn't expect so.

Reading through these got me to watching lots of off-ride footage of the premier bowls, including the Flight of Fear ones as well (there's only off-ride footage of the one at Kings Island which does seem to launch at full speed as everyone says so). I love these coasters so much, but it's a shame when any of the parks neuter them in any way... I guess Poltergeist rules them all. Also, i'm very certain the area where the train got stuck on joker's Jinx is where a catwalk is located on the Flight of Fears.

Joker's Jinx :

Poltergeist :

The speed difference ( the joker's jinx is actually slower now than the video)

No no no no...those videos are taboo...

Bit better vid here for Joker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XrnWBBeDxA

LMAO look at the couple in the second row, she's totally not happy about going on the ride and then they just blast them... Love it!

it was way funnier in person! Cuz you got to see what happened BEFORE I was filming. She was sayin I can't do this, he's sayin it'll be fine, and then the launch is coming and she starts freakin out, and then GOODBYE! I was kind of stunned and taken back but it was fun to go back and watch it over and over!

Looks like Six Flags America will have some sort of new attraction for Fright Fest this year. They have boarded up the old Cyclone queue house (the queue from the scrambler that sat where French Quarter Flyers is now) and there are signs on it seeming to indicate that it will be used for Fright Fess. Seems a little small for a maze, but maybe something like the old Zambora show?

https://www.facebook.com/sfafans/photos/a.10151345547629854.490552.310053629853/10152571997529854/?type=1&theater

Quick question- I will be going to SFA this Wednesday (8/20) with two cousins. I have a gold season pass and have two discounts- half price ticket and $20 off the regular price of $60. Online there is a deal for tickets for $40, but the processing fee seems to not make it worth buying online. Is there any reason I should buy online instead of using the SP discounts? Can I only use one discount at a time? Thanks.

Joker's Jinx is still closed, although it did make a successful test run later on in the day yesterday .

Apocalypse and Mind Eraser as always lol but still fun

Roar ran surprisingly well, and Wild One was great as expected.

The Mardi Gras part of the park is a lovely little addition and Rajin' Cajun is too to a park that previously needed a great family coaster.

Superman was awesome as one would expect, but before we boarded there was some kind of incident in the front row where a lady wouldn't let the coaster go because someone allegedly took her spot while she was putting her bag in the cubbies although no one believed her because the bag was still in her hand.

Batwing was a good ride, operators were nice, except it took FOREVER to load. At the sign that said 15 minutes wait from here, it took 40 minutes to get on the train.

Overall it was a fun day at the park, and I like the way the park has been shaping up the past few years! I can only see a bright future, especially with the height restriction being lifted.

Password, I think you can use only one coupon per person. Though, because u are using different coupons per person, u may be able to use your pass. Not sure. You could always bring a Coke can for back up...lol..

When u go to the park, take a peek at JJ. I swear the launch sounded and looked faster. It may be that it looked that way because no one was on it (they were testing it). Also, I didn't bump around much at all on Roar. Maybe it was the seat I sat in; the third car from the back. Check it out.

Password, I think you can use only one coupon per person. Though, because u are using different coupons per person, u may be able to use your pass. Not sure. You could always bring a Coke can for back up...lol..

When u go to the park, take a peek at JJ. I swear the launch sounded and looked faster. It may be that it looked that way because no one was on it (they were testing it). Also, I didn't bump around much at all on Roar. Maybe it was the seat I sat in; the third car from the back. Check it out.

Thanks for the response highridin. You know, having a season pass, bringing a coke can didn't even occur to me! I'll probably do just that- use the half price deal and a coke can for the other ticket.

I'll definitely look at JJ. I was there last week and there was no work going on at all. I really hope they bring the launch to full speed, but this is Six Flags, and they're not gonna spend money if it doesn't make them money, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Thanks again.

Do you guys really believe Six Flags would go out of their way to use the specific type of track in their advertising for a ride they are getting? That image took some intern 6 seconds to create.

That image took some intern 6 seconds to create.

The "2015" overlay? Sure. But the image behind the overlay looks like an official ride logo.

I still haven't been to this park but my bro-in-law and I have plans to go on a Sunday in September for what will likely be a quick credit snatch. You guys make it seem so bad, I'm picturing rolling up to New Jack City with Pookie all cracked out at the front gate.