TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Spent the day at the park yesterday. First visit I've made there in over 11 years even though it's no further away for me than a couple of other parks. In that time, they have opened two used coasters, so there hasn't been a huge draw for me. Wait times ranged from 10-30 minutes for each of the coasters even in the middle of the afternoon.

I noticed right away that the staff is MUCH friendlier than what I remember. Saw a lot of smiles, and staff was generally pleasant to interact with. Operations are still painfully slow, but whereas before the general employee attitude was, "I'll do my job when I'm good and ready" or even, "What are you doing in my park?" Now the attitude is more "Oh, It's ok, we're having fun!" This was definitely an improvement.

And a lot of the park are downright decent looking!

My only real complaint was the food at the Crazy Horse Saloon in Coyote Creek. I'm accustomed to various park food services shutting down when things slow down, but in the late afternoon we fell victim to this one long after it should have been closed. I ordered the Cuban sandwich as it sounded like a nice change from traditional park fare. It took 10 minutes to assemble an inedibly tough chicken sandwich. And this was even with the use of a microwave to reheat the meat! There was no line, and only one other couple eating in the whole place. It turns out that most of the wait was for the bacon(?) which had to come from the back. The sandwich turned out to have exactly one ingredient in common with a Cuban (bread, or in this case a hamburger bun). The rest of the family seemed happy enough with what they ordered and I wasn't about to wait for another sandwich, so I cut my losses and chucked it in the trash. Oh, and the girl who made my sandwich was friendly, so I rewarded her by not

Lol,..other than Batwing, I think the ops move pretty good. I hear u on the Crazy Horse Saloon; sometimes they leave things out too long. Though, the pulled pork sandwich is pretty good in there.

One thing I saw that I thought was curious was in S:ROS gift shop. As you exit the ride into the gift shop there is a large Superman statue right next to the photo booth. A staff member was busy stocking a large number of Bizarro mugs on the base of the statue around Superman's feet. Is this normal to see these here? Or is this a hint at things to come? S:ROS is due for a repaint after all...

They have been selling those for a few years now, I'm not exactly sure why...

Can anyone offer insight into SFA's rain policy? Our day trip down to the park is getting closer and of course I'm starting to hawk the weather. I'm pretty spoiled with SFGAdv's lax attitude about running everything except for KK in the rain.

Doesn't ROAR get ultra low marks? I haven't ridden.

But SFA hasn't gotten a *new* (non relocated) coaster in a quite some time, so maybe they are replacing it? Could just a reference to the end of the season nearing though...

Roar is beyond terrible. I have this coaster at the very bottom of my wood coaster list even behind rides like Gwazi and Mean Streak. I think I'd have even ranked Hercules and Son of Beast higher. This ride is a complete waste of wood.

I am weird and LOVE Roar!! I would like them to re-track the entire thing or give it a Iron Rattler make over. I always made sure I rode it every time I went to this park when I lived in MD. I think there are way worse wooden coasters out there like Predator at Darien Lake, Wild Beast at Canada's Wonderland and Skyliner at Lakemont Park. I did not like any of them.

Skyliner at Lakemont Park.

Really? I thought Lakemont was a hell hole but actually thought Skyliner was a smooth, fun ride. Maybe they recently re-tracked it?

As far as Roar I think it has a cool layout but it's like riding a shopping cart with square wheels down a rocky cliff while holding a jackhammer. If they re-tracked it it would probably be a lot of fun... and with 7 minute dispatches and one train operation I would expect wear and tear to be minimal.

I actually think Roar is a good coaster if ridden in the back. Me and my friend who are both enthusiasts enjoyed our first ride on it in the back but then we rode it in the front and realized why people have low opinions on it.

If you ride in the back it's actually very smooth whereas in the front it's more stapled, rough and screechy.

I actually have Roar above HP's Wildcat, Mean Streak, Rolling Thunder, NE's Thunderbolt and Georgia Cyclone to name a few so I think the hate is a bit exaggerated.

Im headed there in a few weekends for a first trip/credit run, and hoping I can get on once before it closes, if that is indeed what that post means. Again, could just be a reference to the season being half over, and that they're not actually doing anything to it.