TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I mean dark rides are fun just not when they're made badly.

I'd say the odds of SFA ever putting in a dark ride are pretty low--and I'm a fan of dark rides.

Not that I wouldn't like to see them do it.

Now that the Two Face Void and the old rock climbing wall void is filled... There still remains the follow open ride platforms:

Sky Escaper across form where the Iron Eagle used to stand... the queue house still stands but is used a smoking area. Personally I would love to see a 400 ft sky screamer since it lines up along the center of the park.

3788327467_d2ffa4e070_b.thumb.jpg.bc70094074a911151134d011160e146f.jpg

There is the old Tilt (tilt-a-whirl) ... Coyote Creek could use a new attraction!

There is also the old Krpton Comet ride platform area (currently an outdoor sitting area) but I noticed it looks like the power house for the former ride still is there.

Not sure if the spot next to Joker's Jinx where the Avalanche used to stand is also available. I think a inverting flat like Le Demon would be nice.

Lastly, there is the old diesel derby ride in Looney Tunes which is still unused. That side of the park could use a nice water ride like Tsunami Soaker.

There is also that huge gap of space between Superman and Batwing.

I am all aboard for a flat ride package.

I recently got hired at Six Flags America in the games department, and during my training they told us about sales figures for the Games! The business manager for the games, told us that last season Six Flags America was #2 in games sales overall the Six Flags parks !! #1 was Six Flags Magic Mountain! At the beginning of this season Six Flags America was #1, but around June, St. Louis tried to sneak up on them for the #1 spot, but then we went back to #1!

I can't remember what they said about where it is now, but when I heard about this I was so proud of my home park!!

I recently got hired at Six Flags America in the games department, and during my training they told us about sales figures for the Games! The business manager for the games, told us that last season Six Flags America was #2 in games sales overall the Six Flags parks !! #1 was Six Flags Magic Mountain! At the beginning of this season Six Flags America was #1, but around June, St. Louis tried to sneak up on them for the #1 spot, but then we went back to #1!

I can't remember what they said about where it is now, but when I heard about this I was so proud of my home park!!

Good news for you guys. It's strange to see the smaller Six Flags parks be #1 or #2 in games sale figures, but that show games are a strong sale figure in the smaller parks.

Ok so I went to the park today this was my first time ever visiting sfa, and I was very surprised by it! There are a lot of people on here who hate on it, but I think it is a nice small park. The themeing is better than kings dominion but not as good as Busch.

Ok so I think my favorite coaster of the day was wild one. It was so incredibly smooth, so whatever they did to the track on that one they need to do it on roar-fast! I was surprised by the speed it generates and I really like that. I rode this twice, once during the day and there was a 15 minute line (or something) and then at the end of the day and it was a walk on.

Rajin Cajun was my second favorite (I'm dead serious about this one) just because of like how giggly it is. Like it's not intense at all, it's just a fun ride! Then when it starts spinning, it keeps spinning, and spinning, and spinning. Even though everyone doesn't like how the station and queue are open and stuff, I really liked that! I remember when it was at sfga, and had the facade, that was cool, but I think I like this better with the lil plants n stuff and the openess so you can see the coaster. I rode this once and it had a small line.

I really loved apocalypse's themeing more then the actual ride. I think the color scheme fits well where it is, and it stands out. The coaster is very smooth except for the bottom of the first drop, and coming directly out of the corkscrew, there was some head banging. But overall I have come to realize that I like b&m stand up coasters better than Togo stand ups. Both times I rode this they were walk ons. The second time only 4 people were riding in the entire train.

Ok wtf is mind eraser doing all the way in the back of the park in the middle of a Wild West village? Like wtf. Six flags better get it's ish together cause that's just dumb looking. I haven't ridden a slc since like 2009 at gardaland (where it almost knocked my tooth out) and mind eraser was pretty rough in some spots and I've noticed that's it's because the seats shake a lot. It's not even the cars it's just that however the seats are attached to the actual car that has the wheels is just like loose or something. It's wack. But seriously, the name and theme (or no theme) is SO OUT OF PLACE it's just kind like blah I rode it twice during the day and both were walk ons.

Roar holy moly this was the first coaster I went on and people are all like "ooh they retracked it it's smooth now" no. Uh uh. Nope. Holy wow idk if millennium flyer trains would help, or if like a complete retracking by like rmc (not iron horse or whatever) would help, but something about this coaster needs to get fixed. I love the layout though. This was my first twister coaster and I like it, it was just rough. Now IK some people like that, but can we make it so that at least the people who don't like that can enjoy it? I rode twice and both were walk ons.

I really liked jokers jinx because of not having the mcbb. After going though the hoops the ride is so intense and it goes so fast and it's wonderful. I've been on fof bit this is better. I rode this twice, first they had to send out two test trains back to back for some reason so it was like a 5 min wait, then later it was literally a walk on. Like I walked up and got on.

Superman. Superman is just kinda like blah cause like I really don't like prolonged helixes and so this ride was just kinda eh. I really hate the restraints. They hurt my groin and there is no need for those stupid ankle bracelets things. My fav part of this ride was the beginning and the end. So from the first drop to the bottom of the second hill and then the bunny hops. I think this ride could be much more thrilling if it didn't have the first helix and had like a Bizzaro first turn where it's like overbanked and low to the ground. Then maybe it could like double back or something with more hills, then it could go on to the second helix. But right now as it is it's just kinda eh. I did ride it twice though. Both with -5 min lines.

Before I go on to batwing I would just love to say how funny I think it is that the coasters are set up in a pattern where everyone goes from jokers jinx, to superman, to batwing, to superman, to joker. I swear I rode all those coasters with the exact same people time.

I've never ridden a flying coaster before, and this thing is scary like WOW. I had no idea what to expect out of this. It was really fun, but 1 they seriously need to open the second station, and get that second train going, cause they dispatch trains so slowly. I really liked going down head first over the loop. I rode twice once in the back and once in the second row with 15 min lines.

People are saying things about the giant space in between batwing and superman and I have comments about that

1 it's not that big yall r exaggerating.

2 y when they built batwing just smash it right up against superman?

3 they should either have a small path back to there and have like a mini go them city like at the front and fill it with flat rides 5-6

4 ORRRRR they could build like a premier launch coaster there. (Sky rocket from kennywood would fit perfectly in that footprint. Don't move it from there though)

Ok about the park I was really surprised at how themed it was. I thought six flags just plopped rides everywhere randomly. My favorite sections were marti gras, coyote creek, and Main Street. One thing about coyote creek, I feel that it would fit much better if they expanded that to have the borders between roar and apocalypse, so that roar can be Wild West themed, and then make shipwreck falls be part of it, along with that gladiator show (turn it into a Wild West show) (like wtf is a gladiator show dong there)

OMG SHIPWRECK FALLS OMG that was the biggest splash I have ever seen from a shoot the chute ride. Wow that was incredible. Busch gardens, take note. (I also liked the fast lift)

On the OTHER HAND, renegade rapids was weak. No wet. No spash. Is it something with the boats? Cause kd and bg both have good rapids rides.

Superman has so many birds/birds nests in its station.

There was a cute lil mardi gras show. It was funny.

I love all of the lil lawns everywhere. They looked so comfy.

They should take that back road behind wild one and bring it around to gothem.

Rodeo was a really fun flat ride. Lol.

Worst part of the trip? The country music playing in the coyote creek.

I do not like where the sky coater is.

It's 2 in the morning in exhausted I'm going to bed that was a fun park I really liked it and I would go again but we did 6 hours and 40 mins worth of driving. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.

I got an apocalypse t shirt yay.

OMG I wrote a lot.

Lol they were handing out fruit roll ups to everyone leaving the park like wtf lol. It was good tho.

Ok so I went to the park today this was my first time ever visiting sfa, and I was very surprised by it! There are a lot of people on here who hate on it, but I think it is a nice small park. The themeing is better than kings dominion but not as good as Busch.

Ok so I think my favorite coaster of the day was wild one. It was so incredibly smooth, so whatever they did to the track on that one they need to do it on roar-fast! I was surprised by the speed it generates and I really like that. I rode this twice, once during the day and there was a 15 minute line (or something) and then at the end of the day and it was a walk on.

Rajin Cajun was my second favorite (I'm dead serious about this one) just because of like how giggly it is. Like it's not intense at all, it's just a fun ride! Then when it starts spinning, it keeps spinning, and spinning, and spinning. Even though everyone doesn't like how the station and queue are open and stuff, I really liked that! I remember when it was at sfga, and had the facade, that was cool, but I think I like this better with the lil plants n stuff and the openess so you can see the coaster. I rode this once and it had a small line.

I really loved apocalypse's themeing more then the actual ride. I think the color scheme fits well where it is, and it stands out. The coaster is very smooth except for the bottom of the first drop, and coming directly out of the corkscrew, there was some head banging. But overall I have come to realize that I like b&m stand up coasters better than Togo stand ups. Both times I rode this they were walk ons. The second time only 4 people were riding in the entire train.

Ok wtf is mind eraser doing all the way in the back of the park in the middle of a Wild West village? Like wtf. Six flags better get it's ish together cause that's just dumb looking. I haven't ridden a slc since like 2009 at gardaland (where it almost knocked my tooth out) and mind eraser was pretty rough in some spots and I've noticed that's it's because the seats shake a lot. It's not even the cars it's just that however the seats are attached to the actual car that has the wheels is just like loose or something. It's wack. But seriously, the name and theme (or no theme) is SO OUT OF PLACE it's just kind like blah I rode it twice during the day and both were walk ons.

Roar holy moly this was the first coaster I went on and people are all like "ooh they retracked it it's smooth now" no. Uh uh. Nope. Holy wow idk if millennium flyer trains would help, or if like a complete retracking by like rmc (not iron horse or whatever) would help, but something about this coaster needs to get fixed. I love the layout though. This was my first twister coaster and I like it, it was just rough. Now IK some people like that, but can we make it so that at least the people who don't like that can enjoy it? I rode twice and both were walk ons.

I really liked jokers jinx because of not having the mcbb. After going though the hoops the ride is so intense and it goes so fast and it's wonderful. I've been on fof bit this is better. I rode this twice, first they had to send out two test trains back to back for some reason so it was like a 5 min wait, then later it was literally a walk on. Like I walked up and got on.

Superman. Superman is just kinda like blah cause like I really don't like prolonged helixes and so this ride was just kinda eh. I really hate the restraints. They hurt my groin and there is no need for those stupid ankle bracelets things. My fav part of this ride was the beginning and the end. So from the first drop to the bottom of the second hill and then the bunny hops. I think this ride could be much more thrilling if it didn't have the first helix and had like a Bizzaro first turn where it's like overbanked and low to the ground. Then maybe it could like double back or something with more hills, then it could go on to the second helix. But right now as it is it's just kinda eh. I did ride it twice though. Both with -5 min lines.

Before I go on to batwing I would just love to say how funny I think it is that the coasters are set up in a pattern where everyone goes from jokers jinx, to superman, to batwing, to superman, to joker. I swear I rode all those coasters with the exact same people time.

I've never ridden a flying coaster before, and this thing is scary like WOW. I had no idea what to expect out of this. It was really fun, but 1 they seriously need to open the second station, and get that second train going, cause they dispatch trains so slowly. I really liked going down head first over the loop. I rode twice once in the back and once in the second row with 15 min lines.

People are saying things about the giant space in between batwing and superman and I have comments about that

3 they should either have a small path back to there and have like a mini go them city like at the front and fill it with flat rides 5-6

4 ORRRRR they could build like a premier launch coaster there. (Sky rocket from kennywood would fit perfectly in that footprint. Don't move it from there though)

Ok about the park I was really surprised at how themed it was. I thought six flags just plopped rides everywhere randomly. My favorite sections were marti gras, coyote creek, and Main Street. One thing about coyote creek, I feel that it would fit much better if they expanded that to have the borders between roar and apocalypse, so that roar can be Wild West themed, and then make shipwreck falls be part of it, along with that gladiator show (turn it into a Wild West show) (like wtf is a gladiator show dong there)

OMG SHIPWRECK FALLS OMG that was the biggest splash I have ever seen from a shoot the chute ride. Wow that was incredible. Busch gardens, take note. (I also liked the fast lift)

On the OTHER HAND, renegade rapids was weak. No wet. No spash. Is it something with the boats? Cause kd and bg both have good rapids rides.

It's 2 in the morning in exhausted I'm going to bed that was a fun park I really liked it and I would go again but we did 6 hours and 40 mins worth of driving. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.

OMG I wrote a lot.

Lol they were handing out fruit roll ups to everyone leaving the park like wtf lol. It was good tho.

Always a good time there. I too was surprised that I liked Rajin Cajun so much. I look forward to it when I get there. Yeah, Roar can be rough; believe it or not, it was worst last year. I agree on the rapids ride, though it is hit or miss. One time I got soaked on it. They had a Wild West show last year, then turned it into a gladiator show for this year. When you come back, try the water park too; Nothing like Bonzai Pipelines. It is a lot of fun. If you ever come on the weekend, they'll have 2 trains going. I hear you on KD. As far as theming goes, it's more set up like a big carnival ( not including the kids section).

Are the rapids by a different company then roman rapids at bg? Cause I always get soaked ok that. And I really didn't like the seats. There was almost nowhere to hold on to. They didn't have the lil circular thing to hold on to so I held the bar underneath the seat and the seat next to me. And I did kinda want to go to the watermark, but since this was my first time I wanted to do all of the roller coasters. Idk if or when I'll be going again. It's 3 hours and 20 mins from where I live in charlottesville, Virginia. And even if I did go again, idk if I would go to the water park. I think it's like how many times can you ride a roller coaster per year vs how many times can you go to a pool. Only if I was going 2 days in a row would I go to the water park. This is all parks. Bg, kd, sf.

OMG I wrote a lot.

Always a good time there. I too was surprised that I liked Rajin Cajun so much. I look forward to it when I get there. Yeah, Roar can be rough; believe it or not, it was worst last year. I agree on the rapids ride, though it is hit or miss. One time I got soaked on it. They had a Wild West show last year, then turned it into a gladiator show for this year. When you come back, try the water park too; Nothing like Bonzai Pipelines. It is a lot of fun. If you ever come on the weekend, they'll have 2 trains going. I hear you on KD. As far as theming goes, it's more set up like a big carnival ( not including the kids section).

OMG btw the gladiator show was so cheesy like they tried British accents but they failed and it was in front of a Wild West background. It was wack yo.

Spent the day at the park yesterday. First visit I've made there in over 11 years even though it's no further away for me than a couple of other parks. In that time, they have opened two used coasters, so there hasn't been a huge draw for me. Wait times ranged from 10-30 minutes for each of the coasters even in the middle of the afternoon.

I noticed right away that the staff is MUCH friendlier than what I remember. Saw a lot of smiles, and staff was generally pleasant to interact with. Operations are still painfully slow, but whereas before the general employee attitude was, "I'll do my job when I'm good and ready" or even, "What are you doing in my park?" Now the attitude is more "Oh, It's ok, we're having fun!" This was definitely an improvement.

And a lot of the park are downright decent looking!

My only real complaint was the food at the Crazy Horse Saloon in Coyote Creek. I'm accustomed to various park food services shutting down when things slow down, but in the late afternoon we fell victim to this one long after it should have been closed. I ordered the Cuban sandwich as it sounded like a nice change from traditional park fare. It took 10 minutes to assemble an inedibly tough chicken sandwich. And this was even with the use of a microwave to reheat the meat! There was no line, and only one other couple eating in the whole place. It turns out that most of the wait was for the bacon(?) which had to come from the back. The sandwich turned out to have exactly one ingredient in common with a Cuban (bread, or in this case a hamburger bun). The rest of the family seemed happy enough with what they ordered and I wasn't about to wait for another sandwich, so I cut my losses and chucked it in the trash. Oh, and the girl who made my sandwich was friendly, so I rewarded her by not even bringing it up.

So back to the good stuff. The new Mardi Gras section is pretty nice, and the Ragin' Cajun is a great fit for the park. I personally think that SFA made the right choice in not hiding it behind a facade here. The queue might look small, but with the through-put being so low, it's plenty large. When people realize how slow the line moves, it becomes self limiting anyway. Aside from the aged Zydeco Zinger (was that a huge puddle of hydraulic fluid on the platform under the main arm?) the whole area looks alive with new life.

One thing I saw that I thought was curious was in S:ROS gift shop. As you exit the ride into the gift shop there is a large Superman statue right next to the photo booth. A staff member was busy stocking a large number of Bizarro mugs on the base of the statue around Superman's feet. Is this normal to see these here? Or is this a hint at things to come? S:ROS is due for a repaint after all...

One thing I saw that I thought was curious was in S:ROS gift shop. As you exit the ride into the gift shop there is a large Superman statue right next to the photo booth. A staff member was busy stocking a large number of Bizarro mugs on the base of the statue around Superman's feet. Is this normal to see these here? Or is this a hint at things to come? S:ROS is due for a repaint after all...

Ayyyyyyyy turn up

Superman was due for a paint job about three years ago and back then we were certain they would do a Bizarro re-theme... and it got repainted... to the same colors it was originally... given the poor reaction SFNE's coaster had for the Bizarro make-over, I would hope they wouldn't do the same to SFA's ride. New trains would be nice, maybe trains with with pull down restraints like Skyrush (or whatever the latest, most comfortable version of those restraints are).