TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I went today. Good time again. Every ride had two trains running, except for mind eraser; yes, even Bat wing had two trains running. One of Jokers Jinx's trains was stuck at the top. I'm not sure if anyone was on it whenever it happened. I over heard that it got stuck on test runs, but no confirmation. They have the bar/eating area near the Rajin Cajin open. I spent some time over there enjoying the day. Very relaxing. I also noticed that the seating and shade have increased 5 fold from last year. I took pics of the Cajin, but haven't uploaded to my CPU yet. Something is not working right when I try to upload to the site from my phone.

Has that ever happened on Poltergeist or the FoF clones? Last week I posted that Joker's Jinx seemed to be running extremely slow, but everyone said that it was normal and just seems slow from off ride. Confirmation that I am not losing my mind! But seriously has this ever happened before?

After a four year hiatus, I finally visited Six Flags America. I got more that just a pass; I've got a GOLD PASS!!!.

Went to Mardi Gras area and was impressed how good that area looked. Even thought Ragin' Cajun wasn't running, their other ride, The French Quarter Flyer, was. They did more than place a flying scooter ride in the old Cyclone's spot - they also created a new entrance to keep it closer to the exit and turn the old line station into a picnic shelter. And speaking about Cyclone: no more single rider restrictions! Four years ago, single riders must pair with another to ride Cyclone; now, single riders are allowed. You can't say the same about Rodeo, but that's the way the ride was designed, plus I was able to find another single rider to ride Rodeo with.

Overall, not a bad visit. I'm planning some revisits that might include bringing in a friend for free.

SIX FLAGS AMERICA - I'M NOT JUST GOOD, I'M GOLDEN!!!

Hi, I hope this question is not out of place here:

I'll be visiting Baltimore for a few days and I am really looking forward to spend one day at SFA.

Now I'm wondering, what would be the best way to get to SFA by public transport from Baltimore, MD? It's only 34 miles by car, but unfortunately renting and driving a car by myself isn't an option for me.

Google gives me connections over Washington which take about 2h (e.g. from Baltimore Penn with NE Regional to New Carrollton, with Orange Line to Stadium Armory, with Blue Line to Largo Town Center, with C21 Bus to SFA).

Is there perhaps any bus shuttle going to SFA directly from Baltimore once a day?

Or is anybody of you from Baltimore and willing to visit SFA on 27th of June?

Best!

maxe

Hi, I hope this question is not out of place here:

I'll be visiting Baltimore for a few days and I am really looking forward to spend one day at SFA.

Now I'm wondering, what would be the best way to get to SFA by public transport from Baltimore, MD? It's only 34 miles by car, but unfortunately renting and driving a car by myself isn't an option for me.

Google gives me connections over Washington which take about 2h (e.g. from Baltimore Penn with NE Regional to New Carrollton, with Orange Line to Stadium Armory, with Blue Line to Largo Town Center, with C21 Bus to SFA).

Is there perhaps any bus shuttle going to SFA directly from Baltimore once a day?

Or is anybody of you from Baltimore and willing to visit SFA on 27th of June?

Best!

maxe

When it comes to public transportation, the way you have already researched is probably the best way. I think you will take the MARC train from Bmore to New Carrollton (Orange Line Metro train). You will then take the orange line to the transfer point to get on the blue line metro train which will be at the Stadium Armory (DC united soccer team stadium) metro station. Take the Blue Line just a few stops to the end of the line which is Largo Town Center Metro Station. Take the bus and get off at the Six Flags America stop (Feel free to ask the bus driving for the exact stop you should get off on) you will definitely see the huge six flags sign and the park on the left hand side of the bus. Give yourself about 10 - 15 minutes to walk from the bus stop to the front gate.

The other option is to find your way to BWI airport... take the metro bus from BWI to Greenbelt metro station (green line metro train). Take the green line downtown to L'faunt Plaza metro station (transfer station to get on the blue line)... take the blue line out to the Largo Town Center metro station (last stop on the blue line). Repeat the bus directions.

Although its a lengthy commute, you will save some gas money and not have to pay for parking. Lines aren't atrociously long at this park so you will have plenty of time to get on everything. Just make sure you a lot enough time to get back to the bus stop in time... and pay attention to the exact bus schedule for the day you are traveling (i.e. on Sundays the buses run an abbreviated schedule). When traveling on the bus you may see workers in their uniform so that can be some reassurance that you are on the correct route.

That moment when you just find out there's ERT for passholders starting today...well I guess I'm going today then...LOL. If anybody is going today and wants to meet up PM me! When I was at the park on June 9th this was what it looked like:

I imagine more work has been done the station since then. Hopefully they do have it open today.

IMG_20140609_171951.jpg.c343c05a287c2d03d490b901bbef564c.jpg

Entrance Area

IMG_20140609_175425.jpg.827507cad12dd74fefd2a57fc95ed0bb.jpg

Special view from the train ride

IMG_20140609_175408.jpg.8abe1603d3ab0c62309bf38656770c24.jpg

Side view from the train.

What you have is more or less your only option, but don't take Amtrak (it's way too expensive!) - take the MARC train from Penn Station in Baltimore to New Carrolton ($6), hop off and then you'll cross under the tracks to get to the Metro Orange Line. Take that toward Vienna, but hop off at Stadium-Armory to transfer to the Blue Line toward Largo Town Center (~$4). You'll go to the end of the line, then you can transfer to the C21, C22, or C29 which will take you the rest of the way (~$2).

Just a tip - since you'll be doing transfers and making two separate trips, it should be worth it for you to quickly grab the $10 SmarTrip card at your first Metro station. The card costs $2 and comes with the other $8 pre-loaded, and it saves you $1 on each Metro trip (so it'll pay for itself in one day) and $0.50 on each transfer between rail and bus. I suppose it would only save you $1 in the long run, but it's always an option!

Move over YOLOcoaster.

You must be kidding me...that is just pathetic. The fact that in the time it took them to get this open fair operators have been able to assemble and dissemble this same model at least half a dozen is just mind boggling. Not that I really care about the ride since I have the credit and been on way too many of this model. I'd just love to know what actually took them so long to get it open. If it was NJ I'd get it since they tend to be a pain in the ass at times.

SIGH

I can only hope that the same that happened on YOLOCOASTER Will eventually happen here..

Yolocoaster started with an uncovered station

Then they finally put in some covering

and now the finally have a permanent station structure and roof

if I had to guess and speculate It looks like they just wanted to get this thing open and whatever the hold up is was probably contractor related (who knows)... but clearly they couldn't wait any longer hence the rush.. and it shows!!!! BADLY.

Edited by vacoaster09

Yeah this is pretty pathetic that it took them this long to open this thing. And the station and scenery looks like that... Thats pretty funny though that a fair has assembled and disassembled the ride multiple times in the time it took SFA to open it. Really sad.