TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I must've had bad luck in the past. I went Saturday, October 26 last year, which was the last Saturday of Fright Fest, and you can assume one of the busiest days of the year, considering the water park can be more crowded than the (lack of) theme park during the summer. Batwing ran one train the entire day, and I decided to wait for Batwing since I already rode everything else at least twice. I waited about 60 minutes, if not more. One train operations with dispatches sometimes exceeding five minutes.

it amazes me that the 3-4 times I have been to SFA, that with batman batwing always having like a 45min to hr line, ive never seen them run 2 trains. all theme parks should open up with min 2 train operations, they can always take them off later. just terrible park management

They have not ran two trains in years on that. The double station was a great idea in theory and when it first opened they used both. This park just does not have the guest numbers for them to used two.

it should be in the park operations manual when the line gets to 45 min, they should be running the 2nd train. just terrible park operations

I must've had bad luck in the past. I went Saturday, October 26 last year, which was the last Saturday of Fright Fest, and you can assume one of the busiest days of the year, considering the water park can be more crowded than the (lack of) theme park during the summer. Batwing ran one train the entire day, and I decided to wait for Batwing since I already rode everything else at least twice. I waited about 60 minutes, if not more. One train operations with dispatches sometimes exceeding five minutes.

wow, 5 min between dispatches just horrible. this park should not even have the six flags name on it that how they are going to run ride operations. disgrace

^That's not correct. They use the second train (and station) a few times every year. I usually manage to see it once or twice every summer, including last season and the one before. It happens, it's just rare.

This is my experience. I have not seen them use both stations in literally years. If they have, that is awesome. Even when I have went during Fright Fest the two past seasons when the line was hitting an hour+ they used one station and one train.

wow, 5 min between dispatches just horrible. this park should not even have the six flags name on it that how they are going to run ride operations. disgrace

I've never experienced the 5 minutes loading. Would have been pissed. Most I've waited (I counted three times last year) was 2:31. Least time was 1:54.

I've never experienced the 5 minutes loading. Would have been pissed. Most I've waited (I counted three times last year) was 2:31. Least time was 1:54.

It wasn't five minutes every time, but it certainly happened. The line started around 2 or 3 switchbacks, and the wait was at leat 60 minutes, if not more. The wait may have been longer than the posted wait time, which is pathetic.

I've seen it take a while to dispatch Batwing... but its definitely not a consistent thing... and when I've seen it... usually it is because of something is causing a delay (i.e. people pulling down the lap bar after being told not to, or someone deciding that they want to get off, or dealing with people who are trying to near un secured items on and then having to place them in the bins).

I don't think it's that you've had bad luck so much as it is that some of us have had good luck.

Mind eraser loading being the fastest. Finally know where I have to sit to not get my head torn up on Mind Eraser.

The bench directly across from the ride is a great place.

Edited by larrygator

Does anyone have experience using a biometric season pass at SFA? I've been Googling around and it looks like SFA is one of the parks that did not get biometrics this year. (And considering that SFA was the last to get Q-Bots, I'm not surprised.) I'll be in DC for business in a few weeks and I'd like to visit, but I have a biometric (no photo) pass from SFStL. I assume that this could be a hassle considering SF's minimal training of its employees. Based on the language on the back of the pass, I may be asked to present a photo ID matching the name that I wrote on the back of the pass.

Anybody have any insight on this?

Does anyone have experience using a biometric season pass at SFA? I've been Googling around and it looks like SFA is one of the parks that did not get biometrics this year. (And considering that SFA was the last to get Q-Bots, I'm not surprised.) I'll be in DC for business in a few weeks and I'd like to visit, but I have a biometric (no photo) pass from SFStL. I assume that this could be a hassle considering SF's minimal training of its employees. Based on the language on the back of the pass, I may be asked to present a photo ID matching the name that I wrote on the back of the pass.

Anybody have any insight on this?

Honestly, you'll probably be fine. They usually have people with the scanning guns walking about 10 feet before you get to the turnstiles, and they tend to just scan the pass without looking at pictures or anything in order to save time. They let me in earlier this year before I had written my name on the pass without a second glance. Bring some photo ID just in case, but odds are, they won't even check.

I am in town for a couple of hours tomorrow and was going to try to grab a couple hours in the park before heading to the airport. What is the rain policy? Do they shut everything down or let it run in the rain? Also anybody know how well the buses stay on schedule? Trying to maximize my time in the park but want some cushion if the buses run late all the time. Need to be at the airport by 2. I have never been to the park but I know the reputation. Any advice for less than 2 hours in the park.

I am in town for a couple of hours tomorrow and was going to try to grab a couple hours in the park before heading to the airport. What is the rain policy? Do they shut everything down or let it run in the rain? Also anybody know how well the buses stay on schedule? Trying to maximize my time in the park but want some cushion if the buses run late all the time. Need to be at the airport by 2. I have never been to the park but I know the reputation. Any advice for less than 2 hours in the park.

You can get everything done in 2 hours. I am not sure about the buses - I've never used them. The run things in the rain, I have ridden all the rides in the rain before.

You're welcome. I'd go to Batwing first since its breaks down the most. This is just my opinion. If you do its ALL THE WAY in the back by its lonesome.

On opening day Batwing opened at noon or later, so if it isn't open yet, just head back to Superman. There was a sign that made it seem like it was everyday, like Bizarro opens late at Gadv.

I assume you will be heading to the park for opening. Take a bus that will get you there before 10:30 that way you have time to walk to the front gate. (Not to far but you looking at a 10 minute walk) from the entry way to the front gate. You will likely be riding with a bunch of Six Flags employees who also use the bus to get to work. Remember this 10 minute walk when you are leaving so that you give yourself plenty of time to not miss your bus. I guess if you do you can always take a cab to the largo town center metro stop.

All the rides will likely be a walk on at opening.

Awesome advice. Thank you. I just got rerouted to Pittsburgh. Looks like Kennywood tomorrow but I will be back to dc again with the same scenario so your bus tips are great. The cab to the metro would give me more time at the park so I might just do that.