TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

How about a sky screamer and B&M or iron roar

I see GCI Trains on Roar before it goes Iron. Maybe you guys can get a Goliath @ SFGAm Clone?

That's one of the problems of the park. There a lot of clones. Plus, SFA wouldn't be the park to have 2 hypers.

How about a sky screamer and B&M or iron roar

I see GCI Trains on Roar before it goes Iron. Maybe you guys can get a Goliath @ SFGAm Clone?

That's one of the problems of the park. There a lot of clones. Plus, SFA wouldn't be the park to have 2 hypers.

Goliath is technically not a hyper coaster but I see where you're coming from. SFA needs something more like a coaster with 4 or more inversions. Maybe an X-Flight clone for 2016?

YOLOcoaster like coaster?

Not likely since they already have Joker's Jinx.

^I know this is being suggested because people (here) want it but is it really something they would do? I've asked this before but, was X-flight that successful?

It was really successful with the GP, and there were even some enthusiasts that enjoyed it. Plus it's pretty compact leaving room for another major addition.

Something like Yolo Coaster would be great for this park in my opinion. It seems to be a hit for MM so why not try to replicate that here. Plus the general public would eat it up. I would love to see a euro fighter, smaller wooden coaster like Wooden Warrior (that is such a great coaster), something like Fahrenheit, something like Skyrush, etc.

You know, an RMC would not be out of the question for thus park as a signature ride. They are cheaper than other coasters, and SFA wouldn't need it to be big, so a smaller RMC would even cost less.

An RMC would be great for the park (it would be for ANY park), but I see that happening at SFGadv before here. In the near future, I think relocating either Scream from SFMM or Bizarro from SFGadv would work perfectly. SFA needs a multi inversion coaster and only has one (horrid) B&M. Also, relocating would be much cheaper (which SFA is now known for) and would make the lineup even more diverse than it already is. The only issues I see are that SFMM likely won't give up anything until they reach 21 coasters, and SFGadv likely won't give up a coaster until they back to 13 after just demolishing RT. A couple years ago it was rumored that Bizarro would be relocated possibly to SFA, but it seems to have been dismissed. Thoughts?

Bizarro is one of the least popular rides at SFGadv due to its location, but it seems unlikely to be removed anytime soon after losing RT. Scream would work just the same, but SF probably cares more about SFMM having 20 coasters than SFA benefitting from a decent B&M that is hated at SFMM and underutilized, which really is a shame.

SFA certainly does deserve a new coaster, but I'm not sure SF is ready to invest multi millions of dollars in this park due to its popularity and reputation, which is why they relocate, which is much better than adding nothing. I'm just trying to come up with ideas.

Bizarro is one of the least popular rides at SFGadv due to its location, but it seems unlikely to be removed anytime soon after losing RT. Scream would work just the same, but SF probably cares more about SFMM having 20 coasters than SFA benefitting from a decent B&M that is hated at SFMM and underutilized, which really is a shame.

SFA certainly does deserve a new coaster, but I'm not sure SF is ready to invest multi millions of dollars in this park due to its popularity and reputation, which is why they relocate, which is much better than adding nothing.

I love Bizarro! Its such a great ride! But in a way, I'd like it to be at SFA. It'd add to the lineup, and it'd mean the ride would be closer to me! As a VA resident, this would mean I wouldn't have to travel as far to ride it. And I again don't see SFA adding a BRAND NEW coaster any time soon. Unlike most enthusiasts, I honestly don't care if its a relocation or not.

SFA certainly does deserve a new coaster, but I'm not sure SF is ready to invest multi millions of dollars in this park due to its popularity and reputation, which is why they relocate, which is much better than adding nothing.

I love Bizarro! Its such a great ride! But in a way, I'd like it to be at SFA. It'd add to the lineup, and it'd mean the ride would be closer to me! As a VA resident, this would mean I wouldn't have to travel as far to ride it. And I again don't see SFA adding a BRAND NEW coaster any time soon. Unlike most enthusiasts, I honestly don't care if its a relocation or not.

I love it too, I rode it Monday in the morning before the crowds came and was the only rider on the train. SFA is also my home park, and even through I like SFGadv far better, they have enough B&M's. It would be more appreciated at SFA than it is now (same with Scream).

I love Bizarro @ SFGAdv. Got in two rides on opening day and it was as great as always. I'd be super bummed if it was moved further away. Its my fave at the park after Nitro and Toro, I don't understand why it gets such a bad rap. Its smooth as hell, well themed, far away from the crowds at the park (tho always seems to have a line), its moderately forceful, it's a long ride, and is just all around fun. Then again I havent ridden a million coasters like some folks on the board and can't compare it to its clones as I haven't ridden those either. It's a much better coaster than it's reputation leads people to believe.

I don't really think SFA really needs more inversions on their next coaster. They already have Batwing, Joker, Mind Eraser, and Apocalypse that go upside down, and with a smaller coaster collection I think that's enough.

I think a great addition would be an Intamin or Mack (Premier, even) launched coaster. Maybe on the smaller side, lots of airtime, and no inversions. I really think another Rita clone would be good here (or Australia's Superman Escape) by Intamin, or a SWSD Manta style MACK launcher.

I think a great addition would be an Intamin or Mack (Premier, even) launched coaster. Maybe on the smaller side, lots of airtime, and no inversions. I really think another Rita clone would be good here (or Australia's Superman Escape) by Intamin, or a SWSD Manta style MACK launcher.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe along the lines of the new 'Alpina Blitz' but on a only slightly larger scale.