TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Mind Eraser is just fun

Well I have to admit, that's not something I ever thought I'd hear.

Yeah, at the time I didn't even know what an SLC was, and I thought maybe the name "Mind Eraser" was too literal. Having your head banged around so much you have memory blackouts. Definitely never again.

I do not have that problem. When I ride a ride I always let my body fall where the rides wants it to go. I have rarely been in a pain from even the roughest coaster because I do not hold on tight and clench up my body.

Mind Eraser is just fun

Well I have to admit, that's not something I ever thought I'd hear.

Yeah, at the time I didn't even know what an SLC was, and I thought maybe the name "Mind Eraser" was too literal. Having your head banged around so much you have memory blackouts. Definitely never again.

I do not have that problem. When I ride a ride I always let my body fall where the rides wants it to go. I have rarely been in a pain from even the roughest coaster because I do not hold on tight and clench up my body.

Oh, so that's the problem! I'm experiencing head banging on an SLC because I'm holding on too tight! That explains everything. Next time I'll be sure to stay loose and let it throw me around like a ragdoll, I'm that'll make the ride completely comfortable and enjoyable. Thanks for the suggestion!

Honestly does Six Flags just go out of their way to make sure new coasters won't be open by opening day? If Cedar Fair can have a 25 million dollar inverted coaster ready by opening day and Dollywood can have a new coaster open by the middle of March when the park didn't even close until January (though construction was pretty far along) how is it possible that Six Flags can't re-locate a wild mouse and have it ready for opening day?

I'm not hating on SFA, every Six Flags park does this... but it's ridiculous.

Honestly does Six Flags just go out of their way to make sure new coasters won't be open by opening day? If Cedar Fair can have a 25 million dollar inverted coaster ready by opening day and Dollywood can have a new coaster open by the middle of March when the park didn't even close until January (though construction was pretty far along) how is it possible that Six Flags can't re-locate a wild mouse and have it ready for opening day?

I could not agree more!! I just do not get it. I think its pure laziness honestly. Its not like these other parks with ride companies that Six Flags does not so we know its not the ride manufactures all the time.

I could not agree more!! I just do not get it. I think its pure laziness honestly. Its not like these other parks with ride companies that Six Flags does not so we know its not the ride manufactures all the time.

My guess is that The New CEO of Six Flags pays construction workers scale (Meaning Cheap) by allowing them to do other projects while they're working on Six Flags stuff. He clearly cares about the bottom line.

^ I can see your point but I still think if a ride is supposed be new for a particular season it should be open opening day of that season. There are not many excuses anymore. We can clearly see other parks building extremely big and pricey rides and have them ready for opening weekend/day. Its clearly management the hinders these parks. Also its the people they hire. Even though the staff at this park has gotten better. I have seen many employees correcting line jumpers and the such the past 2 seasons.

They should start saying "Coming soon sometime in the 20XX season..."

My guess is that The New CEO of Six Flags pays construction workers scale (Meaning Cheap) by allowing them to do other projects while they're working on Six Flags stuff. He clearly cares about the bottom line.

The argument is that it gives Six Flags a way to get guests to return in the summer when the ride opens. I don't know if that's a completely valid reason; instead of trying to increase the already heavier summer crowds, why not try to give people a reason to visit before the summer and open it at the park's opening? I agree, I wish they chose to open rides earlier, but, unfortunately, it isn't our decision.

I was under the impression from a Q&A with one of the lead engineers for Six Flags (overall) that they use the same groups of construction guys for everything, so the goal is to finish up tasks then move people around to different parks to make progress there and to shuffle the guys around as needed. So the guys here doing erection for Rajun Cajun could, for example, be a couple of the guys who were power-housing it through the Goliath construction, but aren't as needed now that it's closing in on just the lift hill being left (or they could have come from a water slide team at another Hurricane Harbor, or from Zumanjaro up in Jersey, and so on).

I rode Mind Eraser back in 2001 and I don't remember it being that bad, the worst part for me was the OTSRs smelled like A$$ and sweat

I rode Mind Eraser and I don't remember it at all (from the multiple headshots I took ). Really, it's somewhat strange to see this coaster now at a differnt park. But, for a RMC, I'll gladly watch it go.

I rode Mind Eraser back in 2001 and I don't remember it being that bad, the worst part for me was the OTSRs smelled like A$$ and sweat

I rode Mind Eraser and I don't remember it at all (from the multiple headshots I took ). Really, it's somewhat strange to see this coaster now at a differnt park. But, for a RMC, I'll gladly watch it go.

You mean Iron Wolf?

I was under the impression from a Q&A with one of the lead engineers for Six Flags (overall) that they use the same groups of construction guys for everything, so the goal is to finish up tasks then move people around to different parks to make progress there and to shuffle the guys around as needed. So the guys here doing erection for Rajun Cajun could, for example, be a couple of the guys who were power-housing it through the Goliath construction, but aren't as needed now that it's closing in on just the lift hill being left (or they could have come from a water slide team at another Hurricane Harbor, or from Zumanjaro up in Jersey, and so on).

WOW if that is what Six Flags Inc does I think that is a terrible way to do business. That is just my opinion.

Very nice. Honestly if they planted some trees in that area of the park and got rid of that ugly Go Kart Track I would go so far as to say that that part of the park would look kind of decent (which for SFA is a huge compliment).