TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^You know, I was thinking about that: Why is the exit line longer than the entrance? I guess it's the same question on why we park in a driveway and drive in a parkway. Maybe they might reconsider and swap the exit and entrance lines.

I do love the new paint job. Nothing says "RIDE ME!!!" better when a ride gets a new paint job.

Yup....they probably won't start construction for another few months on the coaster but at least the other rides are getting some sprucing up. Boomerang at SFStL should never have taken as long as it did to put up so I'm thinking a Memorial Day weekend opening for Ragin' Cajun.

Knowing Six Flags America's track record when it comes to opening up new coasters, this one may not be ready until June ( I was tempted to say mid July, but this new coaster is a family-sized coaster that doesn't require much space and much of a structure to put up, so I think they might have it up and running sooner compared to a major thrill ride ). If they actually got this new coaster up and running by opening day, I would be really surprised.

Even though it is another transplant, I am glad to see that SFA is getting something new and has an excuse to "theme" an area. I'll agree with an earlier post that the park (with the other issues we had there) was just not "pretty." The rides themselves were quite fine - but something about the park as a whole just felt neglected.

Although a relocated family coaster can't turn a park around, I think it is a sign of the continuing redevelopment of the park from management. Here's hoping to future improvements to the park.

D.

^ I do agree with you there!

Knowing Six Flags America's track record when it comes to opening up new coasters, this one may not be ready until June ( I was tempted to say mid July, but this new coaster is a family-sized coaster that doesn't require much space and much of a structure to put up, so I think they might have it up and running sooner compared to a major thrill ride ). If they actually got this new coaster up and running by opening day, I would be really surprised.

It took them all winter, spring, and half of the summer just to build the water slides last year. I can only imagine what this till take.

From what I have heard, Six Flags America took a lot of flack for opening Bonzai Pipelines so late. The word I'm hearing is that all of Mardis Gras except Ragin Cajun should open with the park in March. They would like to open Ragun Cajun as early as possible, but feel that opening day is unrealistic. The tentative grand opening would be Memorial Day weekend with (potentially) a week or more of "previews" beforehand. They had already started site prep last fall, so as long as the pad and electrical are ready, the ride should go up pretty quick.

Excuses excuses. If Dollywood can build Wild Eagle and have it open for opening weekend there are not many real reasons they can not have this built and ready in time for opening weekend.

That's just what I was thinking. Since when is building a little coaster like this during the off-season and having it ready for opening day "unrealistic"?

I kinda like that New Orleans building front. Not sure how it fits in with the rest of its surroundings or what the backside of it looks like, but it's not bad from the photos alone especially for a portable coaster. Foliage around it helps as well.

Excuses excuses. If Dollywood can build Wild Eagle and have it open for opening weekend there are not many real reasons they can not have this built and ready in time for opening weekend.

Our county fair's ride supplier has a spinning mouse....they get it set up and running in 2 - 3 days!!!!!

Even if that facade is just a front, I'm hoping the SF moves it to Maryland. It actually looks really cool.

Will the area have other rethemed rides too or is it just the new coaster and new flat? It would be nice if the park created the full fledged area like Great America.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...