TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I have heard the news about the two new rides that are being added to Six Flags America, but have waited until now before replying. This is definitely something this park needed, and it need it so badly.

I haven't been to the park in several years even though I bought a Six Flags season pass in 2012 ( I bought it at Six Flags New England and used it at Six Flags over Georgia, Six Flags St. Louis, and Six Flags Great America ). but I believe that this year might be different as I might consider getting one at Six Flags America.

One more thing to note: last time I was at Six Flags Great America I didn't get a chance to ride the Ragin' Cajun. This year, I will get to ride it, and more than once.

One of the yellow cars seemed to spin a good deal slower than the rest, and the purple was the craziest. I would guess the cars will all be rehabbed which would correct that problem. I took tons of rides on it at SFGAm being that it's my home park, and never once had one with heavy trims, and it always spun like crazy no matter how you distributed your weight, Laura's observation is definitely the norm. It's a Reverchon all the way!

I'll be stopping at SFA for my first visit ever in May, I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully Cajun is up and running by then. It had horrendous capacity, but it really was a blast to ride!

^ Capacity should not be too much of a problem at SFA. The park is only really crowded on Saturdays (sometimes) and during Fright Fest. The longest I waited during the summer this past summer was 15-20 minutes for any ride. Now the water park is a different story.

Would be nice if, with the retheme and the new coaster, they finished the loop where Tower of Doom stands and connected it to the front side of Wild One (or opened up the path along the arena to the go-karts).

I could not agree more. I remember during Fright Fest one year you could use the path that goes behind WO to get to GC.

But who know this addition might turn the park around?

The problem with SFA isn't really the lack of good coasters, it's absolutely everything else. Hopefully they do a good job theming this new area because I think the biggest problem with this park is it's appearance. The park isn't dirty, it's just really ugly. The western area is pretty nice, so if they actually do a good job on this area the front of the park will be in pretty decent shape. Then they can hopefully move on to Gotham City which is embarrassingly hideous.

Loving the purple!

By the way just a thought... They really should reverse the entrance and exit of Zydeco Zinger. The exit zig zag queue makes much more sense than the straight away queue of the normal entrance. It is much longer and cold hold a lot more people. The one now sometimes floods out into the general walking area and I have seen people fighting over butting in line.