TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^ Actually, they are not the same. SFMM gold passes are $100, and the regular passes are $65. Not that far off though. I think the SFA passes are cheaper due to the size of the park, and due to it's under-crowding and it's also not much of a popular park. SFMM is open all year long, and SFA is only open from March-October, so that's probably another reason why the passes are cheaper.

We went to SFA on a weekend in August when they were running one train on basically everything and everything was still a walk on... I'm sure they get crowds sometimes but while I'm completely speculating here, it stands to reason that flash passes cost less in parks that don't have as much of a demand for them. If every ride has a 2 hour wait on a regular basis I'm sure they'd raise the price.

Anyone know why the Six Flags America in Maryland is so cheap in price? The gold Flash Pass is only $35 and the Gold Season passes are around $80 (vs like $150 at Six Flags Great America in IL) Seems like they have a decent ride list.. is that a high crime area or something? Whats the deal? Thanks

The law of "Supply and Demand" plays a huge role.

I did platinum flash pass at Six Flags Great America and it was awkward because we would ride twice with it.. and like familys/groups would want to ride together or w/e and the staff wouldn't notify them that we were riding twice so the gate would open and they would walk right up to us.. and they would sort of just stand there awkwardly and be confused on why we weren't getting up and we had to give them the bad news. Sometimes they still wouldn't understand or be upset with us

The whole thing is just wierd.. Maybe ill just stick with a Gold Flash Pass or w/e.

^ Actually, they are not the same. SFMM gold passes are $100, and the regular passes are $65. Not that far off though. I think the SFA passes are cheaper due to the size of the park, and due to it's under-crowding and it's also not much of a popular park. SFMM is open all year long, and SFA is only open from March-October, so that's probably another reason why the passes are cheaper.

SFDK & SFMM tickets are just $5 more than SFA tickets.

SFDK & SFMM passes are just $5 more than SFA passes.

This really is not that great of a difference.

As far as I know, Six Flags America was also the last SF park to switch from paper tickets to Q-Bots, and they are now the only SF property to use Q-Bands in their dry park.

On a general SF note, I've pondered the idea of using a Platinum Flash Pass without riding twice in a row...especially if employees don't really understand or respect how it works, anyway. The only thing that worries me is that Gold units usually shave off way more time than they're allegedly meant to (currently 50%), and I don't know if the Platinum ones still take off significantly more time (supposed to be 90%), or if they end up being pretty close or identical to Gold.

Gold passes at SFA are only $80, and they are $114 at SFMM. And yeah, like I mentioned earlier, there is really not much of a difference. Does anyone know about the construction status of Bonzai Pipelines btw?

^^That's my absolute favorite system, too. Simple in every way, unlimited, not time-restricted, and guarantees a shorter wait (unlike a standard Flash Pass). I know each system has its own benefits and drawbacks, but Fast Lane-style ones almost make Lo-Q products seem way overthought (though like most of us, I do love Q-Bots as well).

Gold passes at SFA are only $80, and they are $114 at SFMM. And yeah, like I mentioned earlier, there is really not much of a difference. Does anyone know about the construction status of Bonzai Pipelines btw?

That is because SFMM has a seperate admission Hurricane Harbor, so that is an unfair comparison.

For Bonzai Pipelines, I haven't seen any construction updates. Though, I would expect some more when the park opens in a few weeks.

Are you guys really arguing about season pass prices? Prices for Six Flags season passes are based on demographics - its really that simple.

Exactly Right!

For example, the average Six Flags Great America Pass is used a whopping TWO times, according to my contact in their marketing department. Therefore, the price of a basic season pass is just under the price for two general admission passes. I'm not sure on the usage rates for SFA or SFMM, but I think its fair to say the usage rates are a major factor in setting the price.

^Running along the side of the wavepool (the opposite side that the cabanas are on).

That's the same place where SFSTL's is. Just hope they don't run it like they do there, were people are corralled into queue lines under the tower and only allowing 3-4 people up at a time. There is lots of wasted time this way, but I guess it has to be done for the flash pass to work.

SFA opens in 10 days from now, will anyone be there for opening day?

Oh, also, if you get multiple season passes, would you need to process them all at the same time?

Nope, I won't be there. I will be at Six Flags Great Adventure opening day. SFA is not good enough to start a season off with in my book

Yes, I believe you would need to process them together since you would be buying them together. I would just call the park and ask.

On the subject of Season Passes, I don't understand why every park hasn't rolled out the memberships yet.

They're not available at Great Adventure, New England or Six Flags America but they're valid there. So when we went to Magic Mountain earlier this year we bought them. Now we'll never have to process a pass again. We can just keep the membership active and get free parking and free admission to all of their parks. Sweet deal, and it makes sense to them because they'll probably see more income spread out throughout the year.

I am confused on this membership thing? What is the difference between that and a season pass? With my season pass I get free parking at every Six Flags park. With this membership thing it says only at Six Flags America.

The membership is like a season pass with no commitment after 12 months. It only charges a small fee every month, but you get most of the same benefits as a season pass. Technically, after you're out of the 12 month commitment, you could go unlimited times in 1 month for a very low price then stop the membership.