TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SFA either the only or one of the only parks in the US with 2 different train rides(Capital Railways and Whistlestop Train)?

Looking at Google Maps (haven't been to Six Flags since the Whistletop area was made), it looks as if there could be three train rides. The SFA Website lists these: Capital Railways, Whistletop Train, and Happy Junction.

Edited by StarWars

If I had to guess, I'd say to the left of the wave pool, if you're facing the deep end. That's one of the empty plots that requires no tree removal or anything - and there's already some stuff that leads over there - a bridge across the lazy river and an entire stairwell up to the longer tube slides, IIRC.

That's what I was thinking too, because other than that they would have to remove something and they haven't announced anything or done anything! Plus I highly doubt they would get rid of anything in the water park. We shall see what happens!

How crowded is SFA now that Fright Fest is going to be starting? I'm thinking of going on the 30th (a Sunday). I haven't been to the park in years, it'll be nice to go back.

It will be more crowded than usual, but still nowhere as crowded as other parks. Expect no more than 30-45 minute waits at the top attractions(Apocalypse, Batwing, and Superman)

If they could make it not a dead end, then more people would head in that direction I'm sure. Perhaps another themed land of sorts; a few flats and a coaster would fit in the space between Batwing and Superman and re-energize the park itself. But they probably can't/won't afford that right now, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I've been waiting for a good reason to head back to the park and a transplanted standup coaster wasn't gonna do it for me.

Fright Fest 2012 Info is up.

Fearful Frights

Bridge of Terror

Dare to explore the Bridge of Terror and the one place where the monsters have yet to be eradicated. Desperate to regain their stronghold on society, these man-eating demons have only one mission -- eat the humans.

Backwoods Bloodshed

Take a haunted tour through the Backwoods Bloodshed and fight your way through foggy woods, and cannibal hillbilies. Those willing to travel the distance are encouraged to venture in pairs and not veer from the designated path. (Additional fee required)

Carn-Evil

Introduce yourself to Bozo's menagerie of freaks for the one of a kind Carn-Evil Circus Show. See evil creatures from beyond this world including, but certainly not limited to…clowns.

Ghost Town

Who says Westerns need to take place out west? There’s been plenty of gun-play and saloon fights right here on the very lot where Six Flags America now stands. The area is rife with rumors of fallen cowboys returning from the grave to wander the midway. None of these stories are told more than that of Wyatt van Earp.

The Awakening

Every autumn, like clockwork, the leaves start to turn into brilliant shades of fiery reds and oranges. The air becomes chilly and crisp. All seems good by day, but at dusk, just as the sun hides itself over the horizon, the air starts to suddenly thicken and the wind slowly breaks the silence with a low, eerie, spine-chilling howl that shakes you to the bone. It’s a warning that shouldn’t be taken lightly.

New! Blood Factory

The screams of pain, the odor of burning flesh and mutilated bodies litter the steam blasted halls of industrialist, Sage Killingcut’s “Blood Factory.”

New! Zombieville

Park goers beware: Steer clear of the section of the park marked “Zombieville.” This section of the park has been cordoned off in an attempt to quarantine local residents whom have been infected by someone or something. Law enforcement from surrounding areas scour the streets every night, searching for the blood-thirsty members of the undead and other evil creatures that have been seen lurking throughout the area, always scavenging for their next meal, sucking the brains out of anything living that crosses their path. When they find them, law enforcement drops them off here, in an effort to contain the infestation.

New! Toxic Fallout

Years ago an enormous explosion rocked an old industrial neighborhood that had been revitalized as urban lofts. Startled, local residents rushed outside and saw their worst nightmare materialize right before their very eyes: A huge mushroom cloud consumed the sky off in the near distance, and below it an eerie glowing green fire in the middle of a dark field lit up the sky.

Terror Twister

DJ Rocco decided he wanted to throw the wildest and wickedest Halloween party the east coast had ever seen. As he planned out the details he discovered that a section of Six Flags America now stands in an area that was once used by colonial villagers hundreds of years ago to perform exorcisms on the possessed and he immediately decided this was the perfect spot for his dance party from hell.

Monstertainment

New! The Ravage: Stunt Massacre

In a place unknown where few exist and even more perish, a group of savages have begun their movements for domination. Now, two innocent people expecting only a haunted town will get more then they bargain for when the murderous inhabitants turn on them. Limits will be pushed, emotions will be heightened, fights will be brutal. The only way to exist is to unleash the beast inside. All will fight, only one will survive….

New! Stage Fright

Joe the Magician spent night after night entertaining guests with his tricks and illusions. He makes objects disappear, reappear, cut in half, and float in the air. He often selects volunteers from the audience to show how real the tricks are.

Dead Man's Party

The Deadman’s Party returns this year, and there are rumors that broken-hearted-love struck teen will return to revenge on all the happy party guests that dare to attend the biggest undead musical bash this side of the grave.

Spine-Chilling Adventures

Demented Tower of Doom

The greatest scientific minds in Washington have gone mad trying to understand the deadly and befuddling mystery hidden deep within one of the most scariest and brain melting drop towers in the world.

Road Rage Cars

There is a nest of Orc chefs living beneath Coyote Creek Crazy Cars. The delectable culinary creations they create from for our park guests make for fine eating.

The Mind Eraser

Leeches such your blood. Snakes lick your eyes. And bats will fight each other for an unpunctured bit of your flesh.

Batwing Labs

A failed park lab experiment has resulted in thousands of cuddly white rats developing an insatiable taste for human flesh (especially teens).

Carousel Toxic Dump

A secret toxic dump right behind Carousel is producing animals that crave human flesh. Rare. A bowl of shiny eyeballs to pop in their throats, like olives. Soup made from the blood and fluids of thrill-seekers.

The Wild Witch

Beneath The Wild One lies the remains of a witch who destroyed a thriving town and left a terrible curse for anyone who dares to set foot on the property.

THE JOKER'S Jinx

The Joker's Jinx may be one of the most celebrated steel roller coasters in the world, but it is also the premier residence in the park for angry, disillusioned spirits whose only joy in death is tormenting riders in the most painful ways imaginable.

SUPERMAN: Ride of Steel

Superman: Ride of Steel has become home to millions of man-eating insects who have a particular craving for young flesh. Young skin – once smooth – bubbles, crusts and erupts with sores that itch, ooze, and contaminate.

Roar Monster Mine

Roar was built on the remains of one of the most profitable gold and silver mines in the south until a terrible incident that caused hundreds of men to disappear. The old track has been closed for years, but we're pleased to reopen it to celebrate the 100th anniversary!

Cyclone Cthulhu Surprise

Right below the entrance of Cyclone a porthole descends to another dimension. What crawls out in the night is stinky, sinewy, and awfully fond of human flesh.

How crowded is SFA now that Fright Fest is going to be starting? I'm thinking of going on the 30th (a Sunday). I haven't been to the park in years, it'll be nice to go back.

It will be more crowded than usual, but still nowhere as crowded as other parks. Expect no more than 30-45 minute waits at the top attractions(Apocalypse, Batwing, and Superman)

Thanks for the info. That doesn't sound too bad at all. I think I'm definitely going to head over there on the 30th.

Despite the decent haunt lineup, I still won't go back to this park. And I only live 20 minutes away!!!

EDIT: Rereading that post, the rides are just named differently. I doubt they're going to have any extra theming.

Demented Tower of Doom

The greatest scientific minds in Washington have gone mad trying to understand the deadly and befuddling mystery hidden deep within one of the most scariest and brain melting drop towers in the world.

Really?! It's barely taller than Wild One. I mean, I understand that the idea of marketing is to make something sound awesome, but be a little realistic.

Was never aware they had Terror Twister at SFA. That's awesome, and totally worth the 20 minute drive. If I had free tickets, I might consider going.

It takes a lot for me to go to this park. Every time I have gone in the past, I just want to leave as soon as I get there. It's that depressing.

Was never aware they had Terror Twister at SFA. That's awesome, and totally worth the 20 minute drive. If I had free tickets, I might consider going.

It takes a lot for me to go to this park. Every time I have gone in the past, I just want to leave as soon as I get there. It's that depressing.

When's the last time you went? A lot of people who have terrible experiences in the past, have returned recently and saw how much the park is turned!

^The fact that he did not know they had Terror Twister shows that he has no idea what he's speaking about when it comes to present day SFA. Let him hold on to his grudges... he's already written the park off. He can't drive 20 mins to the park so why does he even bother to comment.

Please no more comments about the parks Past.... if you haven't been to the park in a while I think its time to visit because your posts are as dated as your last visit... Those who actually are visiting the park are the ones whose comments are credible.

I was there in August of this year. The ride staff was awesome, but elsewhere service was lackluster. Batwing and Joker's Jinx look terrible, Superman's trains are rusting, they act like Tower of Doom is the tallest drop tower on God's green earth, and the overall park layout sucks. Don't even get me started on the train ride that takes you past the old locomotive that they let sit and rot, and all the facilities backstage that appear to be falling apart. Not to mention that the cars are rusting out and I wasn't all that confident on the wooden bench I was sitting on (rotting wood.) And the new major attraction in how many years is a 25 year old mediocre stand-up coaster? Please, there are plenty of reasons for me to not visit this place.

I love how TPR skipped it on the New Hotness tour LOL!