TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

My intentions were solely on filling in the holes where former rides used to be instead of removing other rides. The rendering with pandemonium was where IRON EAGLE R.I.P. and Sky Escaper were and possibly open the path back up that used to lead to the exit of the ship wreck falls bridge.

I wonder, with Apocalypse now at SFA, will the area's pirate theming start to change? Other than the Swinging Boat and the Pirate Boat Swings (are they still there?) there's not much "Piratey" stuff left, other than the food buildings of course. Roar, in my opinion, has no real theme to it and could easily go along with Apocalypse's theme.

^Yes, those little mini-swings are still there. And if changing themes means more fire...change the theme!

^^I would love for that path to open back up, but I believe that they're using those buildings for office space or that area for an employee cafeteria or something. Not positive, but that could be why they closed it a few years ago. I do miss it though, it was the quickest way back to Gotham!

Added an image of Scream replacing Batwing above.

I wonder, with Apocalypse now at SFA, will the area's pirate theming start to change? Other than the Swinging Boat and the Pirate Boat Swings (are they still there?) there's not much "Piratey" stuff left, other than the food buildings of course. Roar, in my opinion, has no real theme to it and could easily go along with Apocalypse's theme.

I don't mind the pirate themed rides but I feel as though Pirates Flight (flying boat ride) is out of place now... I feel like they need to switch Pirates Flight with Cyclone (scrambler) which is in front of Ship Wreck Falls.

I love the first idea of having Pandemonium in that spot! It looks perfect, at first I couldn't even tell it was fake. The second idea would be a good, lower-budget option. I have to be honest, I'm not fond of the last one. If Batwing does get removed, I hope they build a newer coaster somewhere else. That area is so flat and plain, it doesn't need a coaster. I would focus on filling up gaps and developing land.

If I were in charge, I would do this; paint the drop tower (I don't know the name) a more appealing color. I would also landscape better and replace asphalt with pavers. I would also build a Skyscreamer where Two-Face used to be. That whole area is awful looking, along with near Joker's Jinx and Superman. They need a lot of work...

If I were in charge, I would do this; paint the drop tower (I don't know the name) a more appealing color. I would also landscape better and replace asphalt with pavers. I would also build a Skyscreamer where Two-Face used to be. That whole area is awful looking, along with near Joker's Jinx and Superman. They need a lot of work...

It's called Tower of Doom. I wouldn't change the color. However, although I've never had a problem where TOD is currently, I think it would be cool if SF moved it nearer to Apocalypse, considering they share somewhat of a similar theme. Besides, the area where TOD is located is one of the most annoying dead ends in the entire park, especially when you have to wait for the train to pass.

Went to check out Apocalypse on Saturday to get the "new" credit, do the water park and some other coasters!

We arrived at the park and headed straight for the water park to get that out of the way since the morning seems to be the best time to get that done. While putting out stuff down at the lounge chairs people had already started fighting over laying their stuff down and not moving. There had to be 100 other lounge chairs but of course they were calling security. I just walked away thinking... "REALLY?" I actually like their water park and my daughter really likes going there. We were able to get all the slides done at least once in about an hour or so. We then headed to the wave pool which was much cleaner then most years I have been there. We heading out for lunch at about 1:30 and then went to the rides side of the park.

We finally meet up with my friends Nicole and Steve who had got all the coasters done in about 2 hours since Nicole had never been there before. We headed straight to Apocalypse which looked GREAT in my opinion. I liked that they had swat characters walking around even though it wasn’t that busy. We waited for about 10 minutes mainly because the ride crew was doing a great job, much better then Green Lantern at SFgadv. The ride while looking great was not so great, other then the drop and loop it was very rough. It wasn't the worst I've been on but it’s up there. After that we just did a few more coasters and then headed home.

Jokers Jinx - (2 trains, 10 minutes) Always one of my favorites at the park. The launch is great and really reminds me of The Chiller which I still miss at Great Adventure. Towards the end of the ride it seems to pick up major speed which I don’t remember. Also the Joker was walking around the ride which was nice.

Roar – (2 trains, 5 minutes) WOW! This coaster has really got rough since I last rode it. My friend Tori had to take Advil afterwards LOL

Superman - (2 trains, 10 minutes) I haven't ridden this in a few years and it’s still my least favorite out of Bizarro, MF & 305i. I'll be riding Ride of Steel this summer on LeviaTHON so can't wait to see where that falls. The best part this time was that my daughter Devin rode it and I wish the camera hadn’t gone out because she always takes funny pictures whenever she gets on coasters.

Wild One - (2 trains, 10 minutes) Beginning is great but the end is a little rough. It's still a really good wooden coaster and maybe its just because I like that its one of the oldest ones.

Overall it was a great day and we had a good experience. The park is really trying and hopefully it does a turn around like Great Adventure did after their bad years in the early 2000's. I took a few pictures since I REALLY need to get a camera, my phone wouldn't take many pictures because I had no memory left.

sixflags1.thumb.jpg.83b553b161c065f45e37fa57f36e9fec.jpg

Devin and her friend Joey with Joker and Taz!

741199408_sixflags2.thumb.jpg.c9d8b9bb7c0652994f699859d2d6458d.jpg

Devin having a problem with Taz!

887499414_sixflags3.thumb.jpg.08562ca4faf33f586b164453abb4b72b.jpg

With Devin at the Wavepool! Had a great time with her, Joey, Tori, Nicole and Steve!

^^Nice touch having the Joker hanging out at Joker's Jinx. I've been on that ride when Batman has been prowling the station, too.

Edited by cfc

^^Nice touch having the Joker hanging out at Joker's Jinx. I've been on that ride when Batman has been prowling the station, too.

Yeah I thought it was a nice touch too! I'm wondering if Batman took his hand from the ride sign

Glad you guys had fun! The park has done such a good job this year. So many small touches that really mean a lot. I was so impressed I bought a season pass and I have not bought one in 3 years. Now that they have a good management team lets hope they start adding some more rides!

I can only estimate at numbers, but the park was PACKED this previous Saturday for a Kirk Franklin concert. To be honest, in the 10+ years that I have been going to the park, I had only ever seen it that busy maybe once or twice (and both times were during Fright Fest). Their last (paved) lot was nearly full and the midways were packed with people. However, the park was handling it quite well. Trash cans were staying emptied, there was lots of entertainment out and about, all the coasters were running two trains, essentially no trash on the midways, they were keeping the line on their new toy (Apocalypse) moving with almost no stacking... I was very impressed. Operations wise, the park was running like a first class venue.

For those that didn't know, the park moved to a new(er) Flash Pass this year. Many other Six Flags rolled out the new water park Flash Pass that utilizes a RFID wrist band and reservation kiosks. Six Flags America is using this RFID stsrem for both the water park and the main park. The downfall is that you don't get the cool Q-bot so you can see the ride times of all the rides and reserve from anywhere, but the positive is that you can use the same (low price) system for both the dry rides and the water park. It also makes it REALLY easy to see who is using the system (because of the bright yellow bands). An on a day that was so busy, I was surprised to see so few people utalizing the system. I guess until SFA is that busy all the time, it will probably stay that way. Then again, the water park always IS that busy, so maybe it will catch on sooner in the waterpark.

^ even though it was "packed" on Saturday all rides that had flash pass were pretty much walk ons, so there really wasn't a need to spend the $ on a flash pass. The longest line I waited for was the kiddie coaster and that was about 25 minutes. Even that wait type of wait time doesn't warrant a flash pass based on where the flash pass merge areas were.

I agree with Nicole. This park does not bring in the numbers like it used to. Hopefully, that will change with the new management making so many good changes in the park and they see good things come out of bringing in a new coaster so we get more rides. I will agree that a flash pass for the water park is good idea. I like to go to the water park in the afternoon and next time I may look into the pass as long as you can use it on most of the slides.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I'm sure that if Six Flags America decides to add in two or three flat rides, then I'm sure attendance at the park is going to sky rocket. If the Six Flags parks are doing their ride rotation program, then perhaps there will be a park or two that has a flat ride they'll be glad to get rid of. There is a spot where Cyclone used to be that could benefit better with a ride there, not to mention that area where the old Two-Face use to sat. C'mon, Six Flags America, give us something!

"How about giving me your head to lie on my pillow?"

My best guess for the park's next investment is a SkyScreamer, probably on the old Scrambler pad / current rock wall (which is never open) pad. It looks like the perfect size for a ride like that, and would give that area of the park its first new ride since the now-retired Two Face. It would be nice to see another flat take the place of Two Face, giving the park a reason to clean that area up, but that's wishful thinking.

After that, I'm putting money on Pandemonium from SFNE getting moved here, preferably in the spot that it was Photoshopped into a few pages back, but just as acceptable if it goes in the old Two Face plot. That whole side of the park just really needs a thing or two, and I think that's where the focus will be following Apocalypse!