TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Hit the park on the way back from West Virginia today for the last two hours of it being open. Just a few things about Apocalypse:

-- NO STACKING. Seriously. When a train comes into the station, the ops start yelling that you have ten seconds until your seats lock, and they aren't kidding! It really works, and more parks could follow suit. It wasn't abrasive, just directive. Very good!

-- The flashing lights surrounding the area actually serve a purpose - green when a train hits the brakes and the next can be cleared, orange until a train crests the lift, and red when it's running the course. Very cool!

-- Even more effects from season pass preview weekend - mist at two parts of the ride, and all around the queue coming from the airplane parts strewn across the ground. Very nice!

-- I think I just registered that there was fire last weekend, but not how much fire there was. This ride puts all the other Six Flags rides with fire to shame. This is no flamethrower, it's a huge fireball. Very hot!

I don't know what the park did in the last week, but Superman was dispatching ten seconds after the other train hit the brakes, Batwing was running both trains on one side of the station, and Apocalypse never stacked for at least the 45 minutes I spent at the ride. This place is just constantly improving!

^ That's great to hear. I made my first visit last summer and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I don't recall any standout bad operations. The lines were quick and the rides were fun (except Mind Eraser and Roar... headache central!). I'd love to go back and ride Apocalypse.

I really would like to try to give the park another chance but that's gonna have to wait a few more years till I can get my own transportation as my friend who does the driving has NO intention of returning anytime soon due to the bad experiences of the past decade that we spent going there.

Could you please stop posting in this thread, it's seriously the most monotonous and unwarranted thing on all of the Internet. There's no reason for you to keep saying the same exact thing on every page, we all know exactly how you feel. Give it a rest.

Please just ignore him. He is already on thin ice and on the verge of meeting the Bantron and we don't need a flame war to take you down as a casuality, also. Leave the moderating to the Moderators. Thanks.

Hit the park on the way back from West Virginia today for the last two hours of it being open. Just a few things about Apocalypse:

-- NO STACKING. Seriously. When a train comes into the station, the ops start yelling that you have ten seconds until your seats lock, and they aren't kidding! It really works, and more parks could follow suit. It wasn't abrasive, just directive. Very good!

-- The flashing lights surrounding the area actually serve a purpose - green when a train hits the brakes and the next can be cleared, orange until a train crests the lift, and red when it's running the course. Very cool!

-- Even more effects from season pass preview weekend - mist at two parts of the ride, and all around the queue coming from the airplane parts strewn across the ground. Very nice!

-- I think I just registered that there was fire last weekend, but not how much fire there was. This ride puts all the other Six Flags rides with fire to shame. This is no flamethrower, it's a huge fireball. Very hot!

I don't know what the park did in the last week, but Superman was dispatching ten seconds after the other train hit the brakes, Batwing was running both trains on one side of the station, and Apocalypse never stacked for at least the 45 minutes I spent at the ride. This place is just constantly improving!

This all sounds pretty awesome! I can totally agree that the park is doing such great turn around with itself. I can not wait to see what they have in the future. There is a "rumor" that the questions the surveyors ask in the front of the park have to do with every coaster but Batwing. I find that odd. I love how I get a survey now almost every time I go to the park and they scan my season pass. I always make sure to fill it out every time and share all my thoughts/comments.

The park already has a TON of coasters for the size of the park. I think we'll see no less than 3-4 seasons pass before another major coaster is added. In that time, expect one year to be just a show package (the park's entertainment package has shrunk and downgraded a bunch this year), one year to be an addition to Hurricane Harbor (which is and has been for a while the park's primary draw), and maybe a flat or two (possibly a star flyer). Just my prediction... And when they do add their next coaster, what they REALLY need is not another big, fancy B&M or Intamin, but something for the family (like a mine train or a mouse/spinning mouse, or the like)... something to bridge the gap between the intensity of Great Chase and Wild One.

I'd say you're right about it being 3-4 seasons and already having a ton of coasters. I think the only way they'd add a coaster is if they removed one (initial speculation on this thread suggesting Batwing because of the surveys), and a family-sized coaster is exactly what the park needs.

^Add in the fact that Batwing is about the only steel coaster at the park that hasn't had a paint job recently (and it DESPERATELY needs a paint job) and the coaster is TERRIBLY placed in the park and removing the coaster would seem like a very logical move. If it was removed, and they felt a replacement was necessary, I would hope they would put the replacement somewhere else in the park and completely remove the path and station when the ride was removed. Batwing is all out and isolated by itself and the path to Batwing is a terrible dead end. The park has several other "holes" that could be filled and would make great locations for a new attraction (of various sizes) including the area where Two Face sat (which currently looks terrible) and the large concrete pad where the Fright Fest haunted house used to be before it burned down.

^ Haha, I must say, I hope SFA is reads this thread and takes note of your ideas. Batwing is well... unfortunately placed. Not to mention everyone gets confused by the "entrance" that's never used. For anyone who doesn't know, they usually have a staff member (from what I've seen) posted out by a path leading to the station that says "entrance" to basically say "You can't enter here, go ALL THE WAY AROUND." Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's supposed to be the flash pass entrance. Though I haven't seen them use that side of the station in the past 2 years

572538632_thatpath.jpg.06793e8fa83707c3d3ccaf850cd4ecc7.jpg

This the path most people mistake for an entrance... mostly because it's labeled as one.

sexy.jpg.7e1c3fd8bbd7dcb4567d8c739301256a.jpg

And dang, look at that sexy paint job. This was how it looked LAST year.

^ Haha, I must say, I hope SFA is reads this thread and takes note of your ideas. Batwing is well... unfortunately placed. Not to mention everyone gets confused by the "entrance" that's never used. For anyone who doesn't know, they usually have a staff member (from what I've seen) posted out by a path leading to the station that says "entrance" to basically say "You can't enter here, go ALL THE WAY AROUND." Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's supposed to be the flash pass entrance. Though I haven't seen them use that side of the station in the past 2 years

The path is an ADA access ramp but also is used for Flashpass. Last year it ran pretty much everyday out of that station. A few times it ran out of the side closest to the break run. That side doesnt have an ADA ramp which is why the its the prefered station. The days you visited was likely the few times that side wasn't used. This ride needs my than a paint job IMO. The whole system needs to be upgraded. I want to know who was the genius who said.... Lets place this ride all the way in this corner far away from the rest of the park and bathrooms? But this arguement is like 10 years old now... I've accepted its location and im sure the locals have too. Just need some TLC and I am sure it will get some soon since Superman got some 2 years ago.

I don't care what they do with it as long as it comes out - Batwing that is. It was a terrible idea to put it back there.

Anyway... I would love to see a family type mouse or Pandemonium type coaster where Flip Side used to be. They do not have a intermediate coaster and they could definitely use one with all of the families that come here. Also I would love to see them either get rid of their river rapids ride or do a HUGE overhaul. I have never gotten wet on this ride and it is quite boring. It could use some water falls you actually go through like Dorney's or the old one that Hershey had. I got on Penquins Blizzard River a few weeks ago and all 3 times I rode it my boat did not spin at all. Did it stop doing this? That was the best part.

Now that we have gotten a coaster. I would LOVE to see them just start to fill all of the holes they have now. Some of them I would like to see filled are where Sky Escaper used to be, where Krypton Comet used to be, where Iron Eagle used to be (the show there is just boring), where Scrambler used to be, where the building burned down, and take out the basketball game where Tilt A Whirl used to be for put a new flat there.

I agree the spinning mouse would compliment SFA well. There aren't any though that I could see being rotated except SFOTs or SFFTs as they don't seem to using the terrain as much. This was an image I made and posted over at SfaFans...

As for spinning mouses I could see Great America getting rotating their Ragin Cajun spinner. That would work at SFA as well.

As for a batwing replacement I think the ride needs to be a decent size. Again B&M floorless like Scream would work very well.

1699264247_pandasfa.thumb.jpg.18ff012ee2de3a8a494508e48bbd73d0.jpg

1791505712_SFARajunCajun.thumb.jpg.baf9b325b0952cfcac3df2aafa10ec75.jpg

1543271159_SFABizarro.thumb.jpg.dcb0a4f55b18cd69a440fa14d608ab97.jpg

Edited by vacoaster09

That first option would be amazing. That area of the park is pretty dead right about now, and having something there (close to Apocalypse, but with the entrance on the opposite side) would help to bring that whole area back. Maybe throw a SkyScreamer inside that wide turnaround and you've got me sold!

They do need to clean up the Two Face plot before they do anything, really. Just get rid of the station and cut back everything and let it be grass - simple, but they would be able to replace that construction wall with just some low chains, like in Gotham. That, and run that path around Tower of Doom across the train tracks and connect it with the entrance to Gotham. That right there is my life dream.

I agree the spinning mouse would compliment SFA well. There aren't any though that I could see being rotated except SFOTs or SFFTs as they don't seem to using the terrain as much. This was an image I made and posted over at SfaFans...

As for spinning mouses I could see Great America getting rotating their Ragin Cajun spinner. That would work at SFA as well.

As for a batwing replacement I think the ride needs to be a decent size. Again B&M floorless like Scream would work very well.

Fantastic work, there. It looks almost seamless. I actually posted a very similar suggestion a while back. However, my idea had Shipwreck Falls being removed (a bigger, better one would be added to Hurricane Harbor) with a wild-mouse/spinning coaster on that spot, not too far from your spot.

Edited by StarWars