TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

When I went last week, Superman and Batwing were both running only one train. I didn't check Joker's Jinx; it was a really quick visit mainly to process my season pass and take a look at Apocalypse.

Joker always runs one train. At least, it did when I was there about 50 times last season.

That's a shock as JJ always ran at full capacity when I would go to the park,ROS & Batwing on the otherhand...

That's a shock as JJ always ran at full capacity when I would go to the park,ROS & Batwing on the otherhand...

It's funny, because when I went last year ROS frequently ran 2 trains. I mean, I've never seen the park extraordinarily crowded, so maybe they try to get away with single train operations as much as they can.

Does Batwing even have a second functional train anymore?

The lone advantage B&M's flyer has over the Vekoma's take on the concept is the way it mows through lines...

...at least when compared to Vekoma's Dutchman. Unfortunately for Vekoma, that's one of the more important characteristics of a ride that customers (parks) take a look at when shopping for a ride.

^I don't know what B&M flyer you're looking at...both Tatsu and S:UF at Great Adventure have miserably terrible operations and slow lines. I won't wait through more than just the last three switchbacks for S:UF because I know it'll take more than a half hour. Now, the Vekomas don't move any better, but that's also in part due to terrible operations as well.

^I don't know what B&M flyer you're looking at...both Tatsu and S:UF at Great Adventure have miserably terrible operations and slow lines. I won't wait through more than just the last three switchbacks for S:UF because I know it'll take more than a half hour. Now, the Vekomas don't move any better, but that's also in part due to terrible operations as well.

True but don't the B&M versions generally run at full capacity while with the vekoma version you're often lucky to have one train running & minimal downtime.

Now perhaps if we ever see a B&M flyer in a CF park we might see better operations who knows?

^ I'm pretty sure Batwing opened with 3 trains just like X-Flight (SFWoA) did. As far as I know, neither ever ran all 3 at the same time. For X-Flight, the third train was eventually used for parts, and I'm assuming the same happened to Batwing's 3rd train.

^ I'm pretty sure Batwing opened with 3 trains just like X-Flight (SFWoA) did. As far as I know, neither ever ran all 3 at the same time. For X-Flight, the third train was eventually used for parts, and I'm assuming the same happened to Batwing's 3rd train.

That's exactly what happened.

Shame really, but not surprising.

I've only visited the park twice, and on my second visit the ride was very painful. Not because it was particularly rough, but one of the running wheels had blown, leaving a bite shaped chunk out of it. I informed a ride op who did nothing. The ride was only shut down when I complained to guest relations on how serious of an issue it was..

I'm so proud of them! I actually can't wait to go see this in person, and for me to be genuinely excited about a trip to SFA...they've done something right!

It's actually looking good compared to the theming used on recent rides in the park like PBR & Batwing.

It's good to see SFA making some extra effort at theming. Some parts of the park look pretty good (for example, their "wild west" section) while others aren't so hot (for example, Gotham City).

I remember when "barrels = theming"--now it's wrecked cars and crashed planes.