TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Looking pretty good. They are farther along then I had imagined.

The video on the park's sit shows Skull Mountain still there, I believe they are just cleaning it up. Some paint would make it look good and it fits the theme of Apocalypse.

Lookin' sexy! I'm not sure why I'm so drawn to construction updates of this ride...maybe because I've ridden the coaster before, or maybe it's just the classic B&M curves.

Kinda funny how the turn from the station to lift is rather wide...with the coaster in it's former location at SFGRAM it was hard to get good shots of that turnaround I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda funny how the turn from the station to lift is rather wide...with the coaster in it's former location at SFGRAM it was hard to get good shots of that turnaround I suppose.

Yeah, the turn is wide because at SFGAm it had to go over the train track. The drop then brought you back over the tracks to the station side where the rest of the ride was. It was kinda hard to see at Great America.

Yeah, the turn is wide because at SFGAm it had to go over the train track. The drop then brought you back over the tracks to the station side where the rest of the ride was. It was kinda hard to see at Great America.

The train tracks were still to the right side of the lift.

It was just one of those fun little pre-lift dips. Raging Bull, Nitro, Wildfire, even some of their inverters have this. Kind of fun little section if you ride in row- which is the only row I've known on this ride since probably 2001. That might be why my opinion of the ride is in the minority. Too bad for SFA that the station house isn't coming with it. The way it was designed resulted in most people unknowingly walking past the row 1 line, resulting in wait times that were identical to those of rows 2-7.

Iron Wolf is looking great. I hope this one sticks around long enough for the greenery to fill out. It was great after the (non)MCBR drop into the flat spin. So thankful they found a purpose for other than being recycled for scrap.

What is with the blackened track at the loop base? Maybe theming area or a tunnel?

The park isn't permitted to build enclosed tunnels on coasters,they have to be open-sided like on Roar.I kinda wish they'd incorporate the red in supports too as it would add a nice contrast to the ride.

What is with the blackened track at the loop base? Maybe theming area or a tunnel?

The park isn't permitted to build enclosed tunnels on coasters,they have to be open-sided like on Roar.

I wasn't aware of this restriction; I'm assuming it's unique to SFA. Any particular reason for it?

With regards to the park map I am surprised that they still messed up Whistlestop park... The capatial railways train is supposed to cut between WSP and JJ. Also They completely forgot to show the back pathway out of WSP between Superman and the back of JJ spaghetti bowl. I remember guest would always look confused when they stumpled on this path because it wasn't on the map.