TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Remember what happened with ultra twister?The park had planned to install it from SFAW but it arrived conveniently too badly damaged to operate & I don't see that as coincidence.

You make it sound like there is some conspiracy that was involved in not only intentionally damaging that ride, but directly screwing Six Flags America overall.

Seriously people, it is a new addition! This park could have been Geauga Lake'd or closed, and people would still complain that they were being screwed.

Maybe,just maybe this will show the folks at corporate that it's a park worthy of investment & we'll get some better rides to come.

Um, if corporate needs to be shown something, then who exactly is making the decisions?

Listen, the only reason this park still exists is because it's an anomaly. For some strange odd reason, the place continued to turn a profit in recent years. That's the only reason it wasn't sold off. So you tell me, do you not think corporate already knows that it's okay to continue feeding this place crap and making them like it? If some place remains in the black, why change things?

Also, God hates SFA. That's why.

Maybe,just maybe this will show the folks at corporate that it's a park worthy of investment & we'll get some better rides to come.

Um, if corporate needs to be shown something, then who exactly is making the decisions?

Listen, the only reason this park still exists is because it's an anomaly. For some strange odd reason, the place continued to turn a profit in recent years. That's the only reason it wasn't sold off. So you tell me, do you not think corporate already knows that it's okay to continue feeding this place crap and making them like it? If some place remains in the black, why change things?

Also, God hates SFA. That's why.

How are they feeding us crap?

This park needed something, anything, new or recycled, to breathe some life into it and add some excitiment. My half dozen visits to the park always left me feeling empty, no atmosphere, no excitment. So even repurposed, this ride will help give the park a much needed shot in the arm. Hopefully as part of SF's new ride or attraction at every park plan they will do something to bring life to the park on the other side of the track in the years to come.

Edited by chadster

KDCOASTERFAN, I have a question. When Mark Shapiro & Dan Snyder were thrown off corporate, were there other members that left with them? That would explain why these ride relocations are still progress? If we have a new corporate management, maybe they thought it was cheaper to give us a B&M that was being removed, rather than buying a new one.

If people pack the park for this new attraction, I believe the new corporate management will give us a new coaster for 2013. It's possible that they are resuming the old master plan that they had for this park. You never know, next attraction could be the indoor ride we were suppose to get.

Edited by SFA Regular

I am glad they are finally getting something!! Right now anything is better than anything and I actually like stand up coasters. I still wish they would have kept Skull Mountain and placed this somewhere else in the park.

I contemplated the same thing. If they were to put it in Gotham, they could stick it on the left side of Penguin Blizzard River, where all that open space is. The opening to get in that area, starts right across from the Thomas Town entrance that is near Superman. Just walk straight across from that and the path to Apocalypse would have started there.

That would have left Skull Mountain where it was and we wouldn't have lost a single ride.

Oh No! Even SFA's video got screwed!

I really like the paint job on Apocalypse, lets hope it looks that good in real life! I would be really nice to see if they theme the queue similar to SFMM's and add the Fire Jeep effect. Of coarse some tunnels would be rad.

Oh No! Even SFA's video got screwed!

I really like the paint job on Apocalypse, lets hope it looks that good in real life! I would be really nice to see if they theme the queue similar to SFMM's and add the Fire Jeep effect. Of coarse some tunnels would be rad.

I was thinking the same thing but more with a pirate theme. Here are some ideas. It would be nice for them to just install pyrotechnic skulls near the course, that flame up when the ride passes by certain censors that they place on the track. Of course it would have to be linked to the pyrotechnics. Depending on what the line queue is, they could install skeletons and creepy theme music that plays while your in line.

From what it looks like, the queue area is going to stand up off the ground and outside. If the line queue is similar to Batman: The Ride's queue, with the indoor parts, they could so some nice cave theme.

I think it would have been cool to have the skull be used as a tunnel or something, but being a used coaster, they couldn't incorporate it in I guess.

I think SFA has a winner on their hands. People are just happy to finally have a "new" coaster. They won't know the difference. Like I've said before in this thread, if they get a huge return in this, I bet SFA will start to see bigger and better things.